Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Kingkalamari;5153590]Yeah, it's been the ongoing theory for some time, Kindred even pokes fun of the identity sleuths by adding in #45 Parker shouldn't be worried about who he is as much as what he wants to do, which even going into Last Remains were not sure what Kindred's plans are.

I agree Peter Parker as we know in the 616 would never become a murderous demon, but I think that's why Spencer's run took off with a story of Peter being split in two, to demonstrate how without his conscious present, the spidey side of him can become reckless and dangerous, and if Kindred is the manifestation of the parts of Peter removed from OMD and tossed into hell, it seems like under those conditions it would happen, and definitely seems like a intentional plot idea to use as foreshadowing.

I thought the legacy comments from Osborn were directed as Osborn's actions and the trauma he caused(as reflected in the flashbacks of those issues) culminated in a being like Kindred, and hes proud of Kindred for that reason, his reign of terror was able to conjure a being of hate like Kindred to be in the first place. As far as Norman knowing of OMD and whatnot, Red Goblin had Norman relearning Peter's identity, among other things, there's really been no clarification on what Norman remembers now.

I think the red herring reading of that interaction is he's talking about Harry, given the core relationship dynamic between Harry and Norman was the expectations Harry was thrown on him by his father, but those stories have since been addressed and overcome in Slott's run in a way that'd be awkward to revisit or retcon.[/QUOTE
    Almost any story can be revisited or retconned ( right or wrong). Think Amazing Fantasy 15 altered 3 times ( Chapter 1, The Other and Silk). All three in my humble opinion sucked ( but except Chapter One ( which has been forgotten about by Marvel) they are alive and well). I still am going with Gwen as suspect number one followed by Harry and Ezekiel.

Theory of Kindred being Gwen Stacy: maybe Mysterio thinks Kindred is a man just because Kindred looks like a man now. Maybe Mysterio only knows Kindred's last name (Stacy) and he assumed she is a guy.

Kindred is clearly Jason Macendale.

I'm kidding. I do think it's Peter Parker's soul.

Or its Harry Osborns soul from pre omd.
    Last edited by BESTXMAN; 09-21-2020 at 11:52 PM.

I like the theory about a piece of Peter's soul that was tormented in hell, but shouldn't the Kindred have already been in hell when the omd happened? Mysterio returned earlier

Astonishing Member

That's the good point, by the way.

Astonishing Member

What “parts” of Peter would they be?

A Reckoning is Nigh

The part of him that went to hell in One More Day

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen Parker View Post
    The part of him that went to hell in One More Day
    And that would be?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    I like the theory about a piece of Peter's soul that was tormented in hell, but shouldn't the Kindred have already been in hell when the omd happened? Mysterio returned earlier
    Mysterio didnt come back to life till 2008 in the ultimate universe, which OMD had occured in 2007. There were various Mysterios running around for awhile, but none of them were Beck

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    And that would be?
    All the emotions and memories he had and felt through MJ and his relationship and marriage. MJ's soul could also be wrapped up in there too.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 09-22-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Mysterio didnt come back to life till 2008 in the ultimate universe, which OMD had occured in 2007. There were various Mysterios running around for awhile, but none of them were Beck
    Beck returned in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11, one year before OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Beck returned in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11, one year before OMD.
    Wasn't he like undead there, i mean...he still has a hole in his face.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fantastic Member

Yeah, hes undead in that series and talks about how his masters in hell were sending him to make sure Parker stays teaching at the school. Following Kindred in #24/#25 talling to Mysterio, it seems that shortly after this interaction is when Kindred brought him back to life, which, not too long after that story, OMD occurs.

Okeeeey, then it all fits
    There are still questions, but Spencer will have to explain a lot anyway

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    All the emotions and memories he had and felt through MJ and his relationship and marriage. MJ's soul could also be wrapped up in there too.
    He never lost those. He just ignored them.

A Reckoning is Nigh

If that's the case, it would make sense why Kindred said that Peter had pushed "what he did" so far down that he barely even remembers it anymore