Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superman vs Supergirl

DCU Superman vs CW Supergirl

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Is DCU the recent movie one? I thought that was DCEU.

If it's that, Supergirl destroys her. She's as-fast-ish as CW Barry, and that's a lot faster (even discounting his outliers) then anything we've seen in the DCEU yet. DCEU Supes is a distant second to DCEU Barry, and DCU Barry is definitely behind on feats to CW.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Same question. Do you mean DCEU Superman? As of JL, DCEU Superman gives the impression of being more powerful because he is in that universe but not sure his feats are on the CW Supergirl level.
    Power with Girl is better.

This all over again, maybe a bit more one-sided

That was some cringe.

If the fight is exactly like this, I don't see how anyone but us loses.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    This all over again, maybe a bit more one-sided
    Holy hell that was horrible. How did this show get renewed for multiple seasons?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 09-10-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Season 2 was the lowpoint of the show, admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Holy hell that was horrible. How did this show get renewed for multiple seasons?
    Engaging storylines and characters, mostly, especially Season 4.

Mighty Member

I think CW scales far too high for the DCEU for this to be a fair fight, at least as long as the Snyder cut don't goes totally crazy with the speed and powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Season 2 was the lowpoint of the show, admittedly.

Engaging storylines and characters, mostly, especially Season 4.
    If that were the case the ratings would be better than they are now:
    https://cosmicbook.news/batwoman-sup...ngs-huge-drops

Also, is Karas speed being even remotely close to Barry's consistent? Outside of crossover stuff, has she done anything speed worthy outside of low end bullet timing?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I don't know, that fight wasn't amazing but I liked they were trying to put some weight into the confrontation. Felt impactful even if the choreography was jank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    If that were the case the ratings would be better than they are now:
    https://cosmicbook.news/batwoman-sup...ngs-huge-drops
    Not at all, because they were talking about season 4 and that article is talking about season 5. The latter's ratings have consistently been poorer than the former. Season 4 consistently hit over 1 million, season 5 consistently hit over 600k after the bump from the Crisis on Infinite Earth storyline went away.

The artcile is also flat-out lying about them losing viewers in the millions; the only episode that had over a million difference from others is the Crisis episode, and that's because the fans of every single show in that continuity had to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't know, that fight wasn't amazing but I liked they were trying to put some weight into the confrontation. Felt impactful even if the choreography was jank.
    I have some big issues with Supergirl but they do seem to be trying to get the comic book feel, which is more than I can say for a lot of live-action adaptations.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Not at all, because they were talking about season 4 and that article is talking about season 5. The latter's ratings have consistently been poorer than the former; Season 4 consistently hit over 1 million, Season 5 consistent hit over 600k after the bump from the Crisis on Infinite Earth storyline went away.

The artcile is also flat-out lying about them losing viewers in the millions; the only episode that had over a million difference from others is the Crisis episode, and that's because the fans of every single show in that continuity had to watch it.
    Also, I'll add that the supposition "high ratings = a good show" is pretty laughable. Shitty shows do good ratings all the time, good shows don't get noticed by the mainstream. Ratings are eyeballs, that has a lot less to do with quality than one would think.

As for Kara's speed, she commonly uses her speed to appear and disappear faster than people can notice, sometimes saving them from assault while doing so, as well as to change in or out of her Supergirl suit within moments.

Also, I'll add that the supposition "high ratings = a good show" is pretty laughable. Shitty shows do good ratings all the time, good shows don't get noticed by the mainstream. Ratings are eyeballs, that has a lot less to do with quality than one would think.
    This. Total agreement.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I liked the fight for the most part more in the sense that it had a purpose in the story.

Cody, I would not say Supergirl consistently uses her super combat speed. But it's hardly like Barry does either. It's stock comic book someone forgetting they have super speed.

I really don't follow ratings for television shows. My guess would be that the season that paralleled the real life immigration political issue turned off a segment of the audience along with some other issues. But the article apparently misrepresents things to make it appear the ratings have fallen hard.
    Power with Girl is better.