Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't know, that fight wasn't amazing but I liked they were trying to put some weight into the confrontation. Felt impactful even if the choreography was jank.
    I'm sorry, but this made the 80s Movie Supergirl look good. At least Slater sold the role. Everything from the story, fight, and acting was horrible from that clip. I gave season 1 a chance and it was just as cringe worthy

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I'm sorry, but this made the 80s Movie Supergirl look good. At least Slater sold the role. Everything from the story, fight, and acting was horrible from that clip. I gave season 1 a chance and it was just as cringe worthy
    I don't know what you're apologising for. You're entitled to your opinion. I don't think anyone here is particularly protective over the CW Supergirl show.

Personally, I thought it was fine. I have no interest in the show, I've watched like... half an episode ever, but that clip was... yeah... fine? It's a CW Superhero series, it's not going to be very good but I think they did an okay job.

I mean fight choreography wise it might kill Sharp but that's about it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yah, those punches were... oh boy, they clearly haven't spent any money on teaching Supergirl how to throw a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I was thinking that. LOL.

Godzilla 2099: "I'm sorry, but this made the 80s Movie Supergirl look good. At least Slater sold the role. Everything from the story, fight, and acting was horrible from that clip. I gave season 1 a chance and it was just as cringe worthy."

Well, the 1980s Supergirl had a horrible script and Helen Slater was almost the only person in the movie that made it worth watching. Here, we're just showing that the CW has horrible fight scenes. Although, in terms of story, the CW not noted for subtlety.

Nik, I watch the CW shows on Netflix because it's something to watch and the superhero genre is my biggest interest. But I can't help but notice that, when someone posts a thread where you choose your favorite show by the decade, I've instantly got my favorites of the fifties (even though I was barely born then), sixties and seventies, eighties, nineties and even the first decade of the 21st century. Then I start waffling on the second decade not for lack of shows to choose from but more that nothing in the long term held my fascination for the run or most of it.

I started out really being fascinated by "Once Upon A Time" but made it through to the end on sheer momentum from the first couple of seasons. Supergirl was my favorite during its first season. It had a good start. But I'm only watching it now because it's there, it's a superhero show.
    Power with Girl is better.