Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Summoner ain't colored right, looks like Michael Jackson or something.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Love that apocalypse is his grandfather!!!! And war is his daughter

I hope Scott will have an interesting presence in this issue. This is the only book where he is a regular character

Astonishing Member

Seeing how the display of Rockslide shows a human figure inside the rock body, did we ever see what happens when someone like Leech would supress or cancel his power?

Because with characters who don't have a true physical body anymore, there is usualy that 50/50 chance that if you cancel their power they die. But the human body signature in the rock body, could hint towards him having a safety mechanics, that reverts him to a organic state similar to how Iceman seems to always restore his physical body when he gets supressed.

At least it would also explain how he could be replicated by the Five if he would somehow die somehow.

I wasn't familiar with Rockslide's powers situation cause I missed when that generation came in. It's pretty cool and also interesting how Summoner can see it, I guess with the game?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I had absolutely no idea about Rockslide's true form either. So I was pleasantly surprised to learn something new and very interesting.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Seeing how the display of Rockslide shows a human figure inside the rock body, did we ever see what happens when someone like Leech would supress or cancel his power?

Because with characters who don't have a true physical body anymore, there is usualy that 50/50 chance that if you cancel their power they die. But the human body signature in the rock body, could hint towards him having a safety mechanics, that reverts him to a organic state similar to how Iceman seems to always restore his physical body when he gets supressed.

At least it would also explain how he could be replicated by the Five if he would somehow die somehow.
    One of my favorite games has always been "what happens when Leech walks in" lol. I think if he was formed, he would stay formed, but would not be able to blast energy, and if blown apart somehow, I don't know, maybe he would just be stuck in energy form. Definitely the more bizarre they have made these mutations the more of a question it is.

I've said it before; while in general I have misgivings about Yu as the artist for this new era, his Apocalypse is iconic.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I'm really creeped out by Summoner.

I dont get it, is he saying that there is a person under the rock ? Or maybe, that the person isnt material and is just the manifestation of Rockslide "soul"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I dont get it, is he saying that there is a person under the rock ? Or maybe, that the person isnt material and is just the manifestation of Rockslide "soul"?
    One guy's take...

Think Skullfire after his body was destroyed. Put a shell of rock around that, and you essentially have what they described.

This could be the explanation for all elemental characters that can reform themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    He was described as a psychic being animating a rock golem before. I guess now he's an energy being forming a rock shell around himself.

Lovely preview btw. Summoner is so going to betray them.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I've said it before; while in general I have misgivings about Yu as the artist for this new era, his Apocalypse is iconic.
    Yu draws the best Apoc.

Astonishing Member

Heads up people. Your store might bot get the issue next week

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ext-wednesday/