Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think we can safely assume that Bashenga (if that is in fact him) created multiple weapons throughout his life. It's not hard to believe that if he was one of the first humans to forge vibranium that he would've made different things for different purposes. The Spear of Bashenga is mostly a spiritual weapon, this short sword could be something he used explicitly for war. And since it seems to project energy it might be something blessed by the Wakandan gods or an ancestor of Ororo.
    But that's the thing, hes not supposed to be able to forge either Vb. He closed off the area because the radiation mutates people and that incident led to the founding of the country. It wasn't until Tchallas' mothers time time that they started experimenting with Vb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But that's the thing, hes not supposed to be able to forge either Vb. He closed off the area because the radiation mutates people and that incident led to the founding of the country. It wasn't until Tchallas' mothers time time that they started experimenting with Vb.
    Well we don’t necessarily know for sure if that’s Bashenga. It could be another Black Panther who happened to be good with working vibranium. Besides, assuming the old story is still canon, Bashenga closed off the vibranium but that doesn’t necessarily mean they never worked the metal significantly until N’Yami came along.

Even then the vibranium mutated monster thing worked under the assumption Wakanda that Wakanda remained relatively technologically the same until shortly before T’Challa’s birth. That doesn’t hold water anymore as we know Wakanda has been centuries ahead of the outside world for millennia and that they must’ve been working Vb for generations. So I don’t think this retcons anything that hadn’t already been retconned before. Wakandans working Vb since it’s arrival but being cautious due to its mutagenic effects makes sense.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-10-2020 at 03:40 PM.

The white costume is all that and a bag of chips; 'roro's face? Not so much. She looks like a brown Barbie doll. But any Storm is a good Storm these days. Looks like an interesting storyline. (Edited for typo.)

Quote Originally Posted by BadBadBeans View Post
    The white costume is all that and a bag of chips; 'roro's face? Not so much. She looks like a brown Barbie doll. But any Storm is a good Storm these days. Looks like an interesting storyline. (Edited for typo.)
    I was literally thinking the same thing!

I watched this video yesterday that discusses Storm’s phenotype (among many other things) and it really got me thinking about how she’s drawn. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4bOIRI2wfYU

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

I watched this video yesterday that discusses Storm’s phenotype (among many other things) and it really got me thinking about how she’s drawn. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4bOIRI2wfYU
    Depending on their personal creative styles... different artists have always drawn the same characters differently.
    Coipel's Storm looks nothing like Romita Jr's Storm who looks nothing like Byrne's Storm. But regardless of how she's been illustrated throughout the decades we've always been able identify her on the page. No different here with Matteo's Storm. And that's fine and perfectly acceptable. At least it should be...as it has been been for decades.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-10-2020 at 05:46 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well we don’t necessarily know for sure if that’s Bashenga. It could be another Black Panther who happened to be good with working vibranium. Besides, assuming the old story is still canon, Bashenga closed off the vibranium but that doesn’t necessarily mean they never worked the metal significantly until N’Yami came along.

Even then the vibranium mutated monster thing worked under the assumption Wakanda that Wakanda remained relatively technologically the same until shortly before T’Challa’s birth. That doesn’t hold water anymore as we know Wakanda has been centuries ahead of the outside world for millennia and that they must’ve been working Vb for generations. So I don’t think this retcons anything that hadn’t already been retconned before. Wakandans working Vb since it’s arrival but being cautious due to its mutagenic effects makes sense.
    They can have advanced tech without Vb. It's not an essential component. There in the area where Cobalt comes from. If they can figure out advanced tech with it, they can figure out everything humanity has created up till now without it.

Mighty Member

I agree, if I had my way Black Panther wouldn't be anywhere near the X-Men, let alone Storm. But Vita clearly has an affinity for writing strong black female characters and Wakanda is home to many of them so it is what it is. The Sword of Bone would've been more interesting but for all we know this could still end up tying into Storm's bloodline. If a god did enchant that weapon, it could've been one of her ancestors. Maybe even that classified woman she's been seen fighting in those covers.
    All Black Panther fans would love for Storm or the X-men to not be anywhere near him or Wakanda as well. They do not need each other, a clean break and clear separation is what's needed. The best of both worlds.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    All Black Panther fans would love for Storm or the X-men to not be anywhere near him or Wakanda as well. They do not need each other, a clean break and clear separation is what's needed. The best of both worlds.
    I disagree, connections throughout the shared universe are a good thing as long as they are done well. As long as it isn't used to prop up something at the expense of another, I'm fine with it.

Looks like Wakanda and Krakoa will become besties

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I know Shuri, but who is the elderly woman and the Dora Mijia atalking to her? I know it's not Okoya, as she is starring in Agents of W.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That white costume variant is awesome.
    Kitty's puffy hair? Not so much. And how will she hide the Kill Shaw tattoos?
    I wanted Kitty to finally get her natural curls back, but not drawn that way.

Kitty is one of Rogue's best friends. Rogue has plenty of gloves. Kitty must have asked Rogue to lend her gloves. And Rogue must have wondered why Kitty was so keen on wearing gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I know Shuri, but who is the elderly woman and the Dora Mijia atalking to her? I know it's not Okoya, as she is starring in Agents of W.
    That's Shuri's mother, Queen Ramonda

And that looks like Okoye to me but it's hard to say

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I am not here for that white costume. Looks better in black
    White is my least favorite color for Storm. I think she's looked great in literally every other color, but she's washed out in all white. Maybe it'd look better if her hair was big and curly...idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Yeah, I have a hard time understanding how this slow drift toward Storm's euroblended features for a woman that is pretty close to pure African looking. You mean to say that in 2020 most of these highly paid artists can't find photo references of African women...????

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Who da big black naked nude?
    thats a loincloth ...
    GrindrStone(D)