Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i like how they say, no we've never did this before....except, you know, i remember you guys doing this in the 90s.
    Pretty typical Bendis, though, recycling stories done by others (except with less story and characterization, only retaining the concept):

"Scarlet Witch goes crazy and turns evil!" You mean like Byrne did in West Coast Avengers?

"Skrulls infiltrate the country!" You mean like Waid did in Heroes Return Captain America?

"Bad guys impersonate heroes!" You mean like Busiek's Thunderbolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Pretty typical Bendis, though, recycling stories done by others (except with less story and characterization, only retaining the concept):

"Scarlet Witch goes crazy and turns evil!" You mean like Byrne did in West Coast Avengers?

"Skrulls infiltrate the country!" You mean like Waid did in Heroes Return Captain America?

Technically, he is also revisiting one he himself touched on back in his second arc of Mighty Avengers... although it was less planet and more... nevermind I won't even go there but to say it does inspire confidence for the upcoming arc and Bendis' view on symbiotes.

Sadly, I may stick with this a while longer, I am hoping Valerio Schiti does better with Flash's Venom design but sadly it looks like the idea to force a mouth on him is something they may be sticking with. Another character's design jacked up in the pages of the Guardians of the Galaxy... what is next are they going to give Carol Danvers a legit mohawk?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Spot on - and Tom Brevoort should know - he Edited it! Although to be fair reading the synopsis it could be that the planet in this 90's mini was a "colony world" and not the actual main Symbiote World hence the "we've never been there before" tag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_of_the_Symbiotes
    Wow, kind of surprised on that. I mean Honestly, Tom Brevoort should at least recall that title early in his Marvel career.

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Spot on - and Tom Brevoort should know - he Edited it! Although to be fair reading the synopsis it could be that the planet in this 90's mini was a "colony world" and not the actual main Symbiote World hence the "we've never been there before" tag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_of_the_Symbiotes
    I believe Bendis himself made referece to that. He said:

“I looked it up and I was like no, there’s been a planet we’ve seen taken over by symbiotes, but have we not seen the planet of the symbiotes?” Bendis said. “I called [Marvel Senior Vice President Of Publishing] Tom Brevoort, I go, could it be that even in the craziness of the ’90s when it was Venom, Venom, Venom every five seconds, that this story has not been told? And he goes, yeah we’ve never been there. And I’m like, now I have to do it! It’s crazy.”

So it sounds Planet of the Symbiotes might have been the story Bendis said in reference to there being a planet taken over by Symbiotes. Unless there's another story out there which also shows that.

And yet another 'new regular series artist' rolls in on Guardians of the Galaxy.

McNiven, Pichelli, and Bradshaw each had that specific title and lasted one story arc a piece save for Pichelli with 2.5 arcs, along with some temporary artists in between to help fill-in as needed with Coipel, Schiti, Francavilla, Maguire, Marquez, Stewart, Oeming, and McGuinness. I would really like for there to finally be some stability in terms of a longterm artist on this book as was promised at the start of Marvel NOW and so few titles have actually delivered (All-New X-Men with Immonen and Uncanny Avengers with Acuna are the few that come to mind on delivering a large quantity of issues with one specific artist). A fair quantity of issues of Guardians of the Galaxy have been split between 2 artists and it's jarring each time it happens especially when the art styles are not similar (like issue #17 with Oeming doing half the issue with Bradshaw).

As for the Symbiote Planet stuff I am hoping that will be Venom's swansong in regards to being a full time member of the team and he'll be jettisoned off back to Earth! I'm just not interested in the character or him taking up screen time away from the other Guardians.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post

Thank you!! Though I got the impression Bendis copied off Rom the Spaceknights storyline of The Dire Wraiths invasion.

Fantastic Member

So no Brock or Parker?

Awesome! I always wanted to see more of the Symbiote's planet, especially after that disappointing story-arc from a few decades back.