Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ok Excalibur, you have my attention again. Don't squander it, I won't be back a third time.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Between this and X-Men 12 Xaddy is making me moist. *Cardi and Megan be jelly*
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Nobody mentions the cover? I find it interesting.

It implies that Emma is playing her "Chess games" with the Hellfire but for Apocalypse she is another piece in his "game"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Nobody mentions the cover? I find it interesting.

It implies that Emma is playing her "Chess games" with the Hellfire but for Apocalypse she is another piece in his "game".
    That is not Emma.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

To be quite honest it only just this moment registered that that was •--[A]--• 's hand above Saturnyne's head.
    I love how "playing games" is echoed across X-Men and Excalibur preludes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    That is not Emma.
    Goddamit Saturnyne, i just saw a blonde woman with a white coat and my brain assume automatically that she is emma.

Seems like a stretch to say all of mutantkind is now as powerful as the Externals just because they have teleportation gates. That's kind of always been a thing. Hell, the team in Unstoppable Wasp built their own in teleporters pretty easilyy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Seems like a stretch to say all of mutantkind is now as powerful as the Externals just because they have teleportation gates. That's kind of always been a thing. Hell, the team in Unstoppable Wasp built their own in teleporters pretty easilyy.
    This is Apocalypse he is the inventor of hyperbole. Let him have his fun lol

Now that I think about it, what's the current canon on Apocalypse and his powers? In some continuities most of his powers come from him lucking into finding some Celestial tech, including his armor.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Now that I think about it, what's the current canon on Apocalypse and his powers? In some continuities most of his powers come from him lucking into finding some Celestial tech, including his armor.
    With power, i think Apocalypse is speaking about the mutants being inmortal like them.

Not being as powerfull as him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    With power, i think Apocalypse is speaking about the mutants being inmortal like them.

Not being as powerfull as him.
    That plus their ability to "unify" when called upon by another External.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Ok Excalibur, you have my attention again. Don't squander it, I won't be back a third time.
    Ditto. Finally a preview for this book I’m interested in. Now let’s write a great Betsy like she does Apocalypse in this preview

Hopefully these "High Lords" will have something to do other than talk. I never was impressed with the Externals other than Selene and Apocalypse. They never seem like real threats to me. Gideon only seemed really powerful in his New Warriors appearance and Candra was an okay foil for Gambit and Storm but like most of the 90s villains she and her counterparts were highly underdeveloped.
    And I would have liked to see more diversity with this group. It is way too many white men here.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think we are missing one member: Burke!
    Not the 1st time they forgot him though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I love this version of Apocalypse. He has more nuance and perspective. He's not just seeing every situation as a form of "This is not fit to survive. Destroy it!" He approaches Krakoa from a different standpoint. He sees what they've achieved and notes the implications. He's still not a trusted ally, but he's not a bland enemy either. I honestly don't know what his endgame is, but I'm liking how Dawn of X has refined Apocalypse into a better character.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.