Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You have to consider the larger implications as well. The Children of the Vault are an even bigger threat if they have a weaponized virus that takes over mutants' bodies. If Storm can find a cure, that will help the X-men in future battles.
    I dont see this as being muh different than TO viruses we've seen in the past. The NMs were just infected in Rosenberg's run and they were used as weapons to hunt other mutants. This strain seems so much weaker considering how slow its taking to take over the body and the host still has free will

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Don't hit me with that bad **** like you did with GS Magneto, Hickman-sama.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see this as being muh different than TO viruses we've seen in the past. The NMs were just infected in Rosenberg's run and they were used as weapons to hunt other mutants. This strain seems so much weaker considering how slow its taking to take over the body and the host still has free will
    That's not what Jean says in the prev-pages. It's nothing like any of the viruses they've encountered before. The fact that it's slower to incapacitate the host does not mean it's weaker. And...since nothing they've tried seems to stem its progress, that would suggest it's far stronger.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

RD should be doing the interiors for Marauders. That series would excel even more.

Agreed with many of you: why these stories weren't in the regular X-Men title if Hickman is writing these?

I'm confused as well as how the X-Men think of death; obviously unpleasant but the fear or lack of it all will hopefully be explored.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It is also much more subtle than the others, they only discovered that it was there after a complicated psychic mission. A less aggressive TO virus could spread more easily.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I think the Giant-Size X-Men are quite out of touch with the Dawn of X books. Other than confirming Warlock's presence alongside Cypher and Illyana knowing about it, I don't think these one-shots will have more impact
    No offense but I respectfully disagree Hickman's not one to add things to his plot for just a one off. The elements and plot points that he introduces into this giant sized issues will be used later on down the line. Mark my words.

I have to echo those who said they don't get the dramatic tension here. It's not just death the mutants no longer fear, it's any type of malady. Just back up Storm's mind, kill that body, grow her a new one in peak physical health and pop her mind back in. Unless this virus somehow infects the mental backups Xavier has or the DNA information Sinister has, what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    RD should be doing the interiors for Marauders. That series would excel even more.

Agreed with many of you: why these stories weren't in the regular X-Men title if Hickman is writing these?

I'm confused as well as how the X-Men think of death; obviously unpleasant but the fear or lack of it all will hopefully be explored.
    Agreed. Marauders should get the flagship treatment esp given X-MEN’s format.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Agreed. Marauders should get the flagship treatment esp given X-MEN’s format.
    Nothing important enough is happening in Maraudes for it to become a Flagship book.

I thought Storm already died once when the Brood attacked? But even if I'm wrong, big deal. Death is an absolute joke in DoX, and frankly if they want to find a solution to this virus it would probably be better if they had a body they could do whatever they wanted with to work with. Its easier to experiment and take apart a corpse than a living person that you are trying to save. And if Storm really is refusing to die out of fear, it just makes her look like some kind of hypocrite after her whole cult-speech in HoXPoX

All of these Giant-Sized stories have been total wastes, and this one doesn't look promising.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I thought Storm already died once when the Brood attacked? But even if I'm wrong, big deal. Death is an absolute joke in DoX, and frankly if they want to find a solution to this virus it would probably be better if they had a body they could do whatever they wanted with to work with. Its easier to experiment and take apart a corpse than a living person that you are trying to save. And if Storm really is refusing to die out of fear, it just makes her look like some kind of hypocrite after her whole cult-speech in HoXPoX

All of these Giant-Sized stories have been total wastes, and this one doesn't look promising.
    There's no guarantee she'll be brought back. Look what happened with Kitty? If this takes place before Kitty's resurrection, then she would have valid reasons not to let them kill her. I really hope this is brought up as a means to give her more motivation and raise the stakes

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Is it possible the virus might follow her into another body, and therefore infect their entire resurrection process?
    They don't know what it or the CoV are capable of, and stranger things happen in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Is it possible the virus might follow her into another body, and therefore infect their entire resurrection process?
    They don't know what it or the CoV are capable of, and stranger things happen in this universe.
    I thought about that and I think its more alarming that she isnt quarantined but rather free to walk about and possibly able to infect others like the CotV did to her

Storm is going to befriend the virus.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ah! We've reached the stage...usually just before the book is actually released...where we get carried away with our speculations.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!