Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anti-Meat Philosophy of Empyre Cotati

I just wanted to isolate a subject brought up in mostly Pannadel’s LOE Celestial Messiah and Swordsman books, about whether any readers give any credence to this argument, that plants aren’t concerned with killing, and animals are concerned with killing.

In the animal sense, most creatures are concerned with propagating their species, and finding other sources of protean, like other animals and plants. From the plant sense, most plants are concerned with propagating their species by distributing their spores, but not killing other animals to get protean.

So, is there a demarcation of the species into these categories of killing or not killing? If you were a Cotati, would you see life in terms of plants being a purer form of life, without the sin of killing, and, the animals as this species that decimates all other species by killing, as a matter of course?

I speak to plants. I do think plants are affected by other plants around them, eg when one Plant is sick, it drags other plants around that area to be unwell. If you remove that sick plant, the rest suddenly thrive. There is subjective thought plants communicate with their roots underground, and convey vital information about poisons etc. It suggests that plants are intelligent, and sensitive to attack from disease, or foraging.

Is Pannadel’s anti-meat perspective that meat is the harbinger of all danger to plant life, or, is their another deeper co-existence going on in the environment? From one perspective I can agree with this argument. I am wondering if other readers can come in on this discussion just to see whether they can see the Cotati perspective in this?
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-11-2020 at 02:03 AM.