Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    damn, really that much of a powergap huh? they all kinda felt more or less human, well DD less so..
    Welcome to the club. Most of us have done something like this. Netflix DD may be "realistic" in quote marks meaning toned down compared to some but still way beyond every named martial artist from the Karate Kid movies coming at him at the same time.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Ultimately agreed. It would be a hard enough fight for Johnny and Daniel in their prime to tag Daredevil, but they're in their 50s here.

The kids may have a better chance of landing a hit, but again, they're kids. They got a lot of heart and some of them are highly skilled in their own right (Miguel beat the previous champion, who had practiced much longer and became a local celebrity in the process), but they're still nowhere near the strength or skill level to compete here.

I kinda want Aisha in this lineup, just for her to look at her friends with a look of, "Are you serious?", rolling her eyes, and just DQing herself via ringout because the fight is just nonsense. She's loyal to Johnny, but she's one of the most level-headed of the cast, *including* the adults. And that means don't fight Daredevil.
    I was thinking that too. Even if you gave Johnny and Daniel their youth combined with later skills, it still doesn't make any difference.

I'm now picturing some campy scenario where the Kingpin, for no particular reason, wants to take over Cobra Kai only to have the new blind student walk in for lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Yeah, pretty much. I mean Hawk got tossed by friggin' Demitri, and he barely knows what he's doing. They're well trained for schoolyard fights, .
    To be fair that was some major level pis. Hawk is the nr 2 student. Even giving the champ miguel a workout. That showing would make demitri stronger then any kid including robby and miguel . It was honestly the dumbest scene in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I was thinking that too. Even if you gave Johnny and Daniel their youth combined with later skills, it still doesn't make any difference.

I'm now picturing some campy scenario where the Kingpin, for no particular reason, wants to take over Cobra Kai only to have the new blind student walk in for lessons.
    That sounds even more embarrassing for the Kingpin than the time he wanted to take over a youth center and was foiled by breakdancing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That sounds even more embarrassing for the Kingpin than the time he wanted to take over a youth center and was foiled by breakdancing!
    That then begs the question of who's the best dancer in the show, doesn't it?

Edit: Nevermind, it's Nathaniel. Much to Kingpin's relief, he isn't in this fight.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-12-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Not knowledgeable about Karate Kid and Cobra Kai, but given the consensus in this thread, what about early-S3 Matt? (let's say the first two episodes, with his partial deafness and lowered ability to take punishment. Maybe up to episode 3. By episode 4, he had recovered just enough to handle the traditional hallway fight, so by then he should be able to win as usual)

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Not knowledgeable about Karate Kid and Cobra Kai, but given the consensus in this thread, what about early-S3 Matt? (let's say the first two episodes, with his partial deafness and lowered ability to take punishment. Maybe up to episode 3. By episode 4, he had recovered just enough to handle the traditional hallway fight, so by then he should be able to win as usual)
    Result would still be the same. Even during the flashback when he beat up on the guy who was molesting his kid, he would still trounce every single last person who has ever been to both schools on at the same time and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Sadly, Aisha was let go for Season 3.
    Never liked her tbh, found her extremely boring.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Personally, I'd invoke the last scene in "The Defenders" when he was unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Personally, I'd invoke the last scene in "The Defenders" when he was unconscious.
    I briefly considered suggesting Jessica instead of Matt in this thread, since she's both the worst fighter of the team and can still get hurt by regular humans. But landing a single punch would turn poor Hawk into chunky salsa.

I briefly considered suggesting Jessica instead of Matt in this thread, since she's both the worst fighter of the team and can still get hurt by regular humans. But landing a single punch would turn poor Hawk into chunky salsa.
    Would love to see it though.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

I can just see Jessica getting through this using Balboa Style: Blocking with her face and powering through everything with her raw power to compensate for her comparative lack of skill.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

The closest approximation to a regular Daredevil fight against hardened-criminals would be the end fight from Karate Kid Part II, where Daniel was forced into an actual fight to the death, which, while dramatic and actually very nice and gritty to watch, was still slower, sloppier, and portrayed as much more draining for both combatants than what Matt usually does.

I think Daniel and Johnny in their primes, with a game plan, might have a chance, but only in a very quick blitz and if they get lucky - the second the fight would go longer than a few traded blows, they’re screwed. Older Johnny and Daniel might get entertained by Matt, but they’ll never get in a good enough blow to really sway the momentum of he fight, while Matt would probably expend more energy trying to restrain the kids without hurting them.

I still really like the level of skill Cobra Kai uses, as I think “good enough it’s stupid to fight them” is a decent area for more realistic fight scenes to be portrayed at... but it needs to be acknowledged that the most brutal bit of violence in the show thus far is a result of a decent kick accidentally sending someone over a forgotten-about ledge. Matt shakes off deliberate blows trying to emulate that and responds in kind in a regular basis.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Spectacular Member

Either Murakami or Bakuto can solo the entire KKU and Matt held his own against both at the same time.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Really? Conor could beat up multiple thugs armed with crowbars and baseball bats at the same time?
    This was painful to watch, and I want you all to know that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This was painful to watch, and I want you all to know that.
    Yeah, the choreography in that scene was less than mind-blowing. Such a cavalcade of stupid.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan