Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default ( Cobra Kai ) Johnny lawrence , Daniel Larusso , Miguel and Hawk vs DareDevil

That's right.

This is Netflix DareDevil.

DD is also unarmed and in street clothes.

Fight takes place in a dojo.

If its too lobsided in favor of DD , we can add Tory , Samantha and Robby.

You can add the entirety of both schools and Creese , and Myagi, and Creeses friend, and that Karate champ Daniel fought in his last movie, and add the girl karate kid from the last movie on top of that, and add Mr Han from the remake, and at best it would just go down like this:

Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yup, what Cody said. Netflix DD operates on a level so far above the CK cast that they might as well be fighting Superman.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

damn, really that much of a powergap huh? they all kinda felt more or less human, well DD less so..

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    damn, really that much of a powergap huh? they all kinda felt more or less human, well DD less so..

You could say that.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Johnny and Daniel are good regular human martial artists with years of experience in moderate physical condition. The kids are younger but much less experience and skill. There's nothing outrageous about what any of them do: they do what some normal human with their represented level of training and experience should be able to do. Johnny and Daniel aren't anything beyond the head of your local dojo.

Matt is a ridiculous freak of nature with comic-book type skills and superhuman senses. Matt could, basically simultaneously, take on the head of every dojo in your city and at the end, they will all be unconscious and he'll have all of a bout of catholic guilt and maybe a slightly elevated heart rate to remember it by.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Johnny and Daniel aren't anything beyond the head of your local dojo.
    I think that's underselling them a bit. Johnny does some legit action hero stuff. That said, being average action hero types doesn't make them a match for a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I think that's underselling them a bit. Johnny does some legit action hero stuff.
    Erm, no he doesn't? Honestly there is nothing to suggest anyone from the Karate Kid verse could take on even Conor McGregor, a real life martial artist.
    Last edited by Cody; 09-11-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Really? Conor could beat up multiple thugs armed with crowbars and baseball bats at the same time?

Would it be more of a closer fight to pit the Cobra Kai cast against, say, first half of season 1 Daredevil? There he had more trouble against your average mooks and was utterly exhausted from the hallway fight, but later on he gets a pretty big boost in skill and only goes up from there.

The other thing is, though, even if that Daredevil had to put in more effort against average mooks, those were *adult* mooks, with likely a definite strength advantage over the younger generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Erm, no he doesnt? Honestly there is absolutely nothing to suggest anyone from the Karate Kid verse could take on Conor McGregor, a real life martial artist. DD would give Conor a spanking casually.
    Tbh, I can think of maybe half a dozen fictional action heroes who would lose to RL Conor in a street fight (sorry guys, but John McClane and Martin Riggs would go down). Skill and stats don't necessarily prevent one from fulfilling the duties of a fictional action hero.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-11-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Most of the combatants are novice teen enthusiasts who just discovered their confidence through karate. They're still trying to get elementary punches and kicks proper.

Only Johnny and Daniel are really worth spit in this fight, and Matt is younger and far more spry than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Really? Conor could beat up multiple thugs armed with crowbars and baseball bats at the same time?
    Kinda overselling what is seen in the vid dude. One guy has a crowbar, whom he initially takes by surprise, knocks off the guy attempting to grab him, then the first guy comes in with a crowbar, to which Jonny ends up disarming and taking to the ground, and proceeds to use the crowbar against the other guy before finishing him off. The Daniel's cousin is the only one with the baseball bat. He stood back and watched, scared. Didn't, and couldn't, do much with it other than a single downwards swing.

Yeah, id say Connor could do it. He's faster, stronger, younger, and more skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Only Johnny and Daniel are really worth spit in this fight, and Matt is younger and far more spry than they are.
    And more skilled, faster, tougher, and stronger.
    Last edited by Cody; 09-11-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Most of the combatants are novice teen enthusiasts who just discovered their confidence through karate. They're still trying to get elementary punches and kicks proper.

Ultimately agreed. It would be a hard enough fight for Johnny and Daniel in their prime to tag Daredevil, but they're in their 50s here.

The kids may have a better chance of landing a hit, but again, they're kids. They got a lot of heart and some of them are highly skilled in their own right (Miguel beat the previous champion, who had practiced much longer and became a local celebrity in the process), but they're still nowhere near the strength or skill level to compete here.

I kinda want Aisha in this lineup, just for her to look at her friends with a look of, "Are you serious?", rolling her eyes, and just DQing herself via ringout because the fight is just nonsense. She's loyal to Johnny, but she's one of the most level-headed of the cast, *including* the adults. And that means don't fight Daredevil.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-11-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    And more skilled, faster, tougher, and stronger.
    Kinda preaching to the choir here, really, but yes. Being charitable, the both of them might be slightly tougher than one of the gangster mooks or like...Claire? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Ultimately agreed. It would be a hard enough fight for Johnny and Daniel in their prime to tag Daredevil, but they're in their 50s here.

The kids may have a better chance of landing a hit, but again, they're kids. They got a lot of heart and some of them are highly skilled in their own right (Miguel beat the previous champion, who had practiced much longer and became a local celebrity in the process), but they're still nowhere near the strength or skill level to compete here.

I kinda want Aisha in this lineup, just for her to look at her friends with a look of, "Are you serious?", rolling her eyes, and just DQing herself via ringout because the fight is just nonsense. She's loyal to Johnny, but she's one of the most level-headed of the cast, *including* the adults. And that means don't fight Daredevil.
    Yeah, pretty much. I mean Hawk got tossed by friggin' Demitri, and he barely knows what he's doing. They're well trained for schoolyard fights, but not against the likes of say, Hand ninjas.

And agreed. Hope Aisha gets more play in the next season. Tory's got the spotlight as the designated rival, but I feel a throwdown between Aisha and Sam might be in the cards.

Kinda preaching to the choir here, really, but yes. Being charitable, the both of them might be slightly tougher than one of the gangster mooks or like...Claire? lol

Yeah, pretty much. I mean Hawk got tossed by friggin' Demitri, and he barely knows what he's doing. They're well trained for schoolyard fights, but not against the likes of say, Hand ninjas.

And agreed. Hope Aisha gets more play in the next season. Tory's got the spotlight as the designated rival, but I feel a throwdown between Aisha and Sam might be in the cards.
    Sadly, Aisha was let go for Season 3.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.