Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Lol, he is not wrong though. That's a blue skin-tight Batman that can fly. He came from Krypton planet and stranded on Earth, found by the Waynes during their outing.
    Speeding Bullets was a fascinating story idea that sadly went with the most boring and predictable ending imaginable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speeding Bullets was a fascinating story idea that sadly went with the most boring and predictable ending imaginable.
    Oh my god, you are so on point on that. Up until Clark donned the Batman's outfit and walked in the Daily Bugle, the story is really incredible and shown how crazy Batman with the superpower. But, like every Elseworlds out there, it shat the bed with Joker-Lex Luthor and Clark acting like the Clark of the modern comic. The ending while predictable really shows the difference between Superman and Batman though. It's really shown why Superman is just more superheroic than Batman could ever be.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFU38a8B...d=y2tfhcbtojd9
    Hah ok Venditti I’m inclined to give you a shot at one of the main books for this. He certainly has the enthusiasm for it.
    Respect Venditti. Respect .

Astonishing Member

Nicely done, lol.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I like Super-intelligent, awesome journalist super sci-fi Superman so I really hope Warren Ellis will get to do a run with a stellar artist.
    I think Ellis is so good and if he actually tried and wanted to stick around, he'd be the best. But I guess he'll be done in mainstream comics.

I would have thought Waid would rather do a standalone follow up to Birthright, but I don’t know what DC’s policy will be to support standalone stories going forward. Venditti is someone who feels like he could get one of the books. He’s done with Hawkman and he has said he’s got another DC project in the works. He loves Superman and wants to write him which he’s already done with Man of Tomorrow, so he could be a solid Jurgens-type of writer. He’s written solid stuff with Hal N Pals, and the 12 issues of Hawkman with Hitch I read were legit great. I like his Zod a lot too. My only mark against him is I’m hungry for someone to really wow us with their take. I don’t want an “ok” or even “solid” run, I want a great run. I can’t help but be envious of Ewing on Hulk or HiX-Men or even Tynion Batman right now. I want something amazing, and I don’t know if Venditti can deliver that. Give Yang the other book though and I’d be ok with Venditti getting one as well, since I still believe Yang has it in him to write an all-time great Superman run given how much I loved New Superman and Superman Smashes The Klan
    I do think Yang would offer all of the things that would appeal in a Waid run.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

for a new writer, my suggestion is Christopher Priest. He'd do a great version. Mindful of continuity but also introducing new elements periodically, and with a philosophical underpinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    for a new writer, my suggestion is Christopher Priest. He'd do a great version. Mindful of continuity but also introducing new elements periodically, and with a philosophical underpinning.
    It’s shameful that DC hasn’t given him another book after how great his Deathstroke was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Priest's will do great with Superman, but I will rather see him in Detective Comic or Batman. A street hard-boiled story seems more like his place then Superman from what I read from his JL. Though, to be fair his JL was reeking with Editorial Issues, because of No Justice initiative.

Honestly, I don't care about Bendis. Just please tell me Romita Jr. is leaving and going somewhere far, FAR away. He is a HORRIBLE artist.

Hah ok Venditti I’m inclined to give you a shot at one of the main books for this. He certainly has the enthusiasm for it.
    Ok, wow - he officially has my vote on this alone.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Highly unlikely with the allegations against Warren Ellis that DC would hand him Superman.

Its definitely nice to see someone employed within DC with public enthusiasm for the character, outside of what remains of the old guard.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Oh my god, you are so on point on that. Up until Clark donned the Batman's outfit and walked in the Daily Bugle,
    You mean the Planet, right? Bugle is Spider-Man's newspaper.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean the Planet, right? Bugle is Spider-Man's newspaper.
    Ah! Finally someone who read my post thoroughly, I am really happy here that I could cry.

I've seen people complain that Superman is portrayed too much as a boring goodie two-shoes. I've also heard people say that Priest wouldn't be a good fit for Superman. But I guarantee that his run would be the opposite of that. Could bring some fresh stuff to the character.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)