Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty clear by reading Batman #100 and Joker War in general by reading between the lines that the original game plan was that Bruce was going to have his secret ID blown as well as his fortune taken from him, rendering him unable to remain Batman and then possibly "aged up" if the Bleeding Cool.rumors about 5G were true. Luke Fox would have probably ended up taking the mantle from Bruce on a "permanent " basis. Now it looks like the only real status quo altering consequences of Joker War is Babs is back as Oracle,Dick Grayson back to normal and Bruce will probably still be Batman,but with less monetary resources.

Same with Supes and Jon. It was clear Clark was probably either going to be a more galactic Superman as the official "president" of Earth and/or leader of the Authority with an aged up Jon as Superman of Earth. Now it's very likely we only get a taste of that status quo in Future State in February as a possible alternate future,but otherwise overwritten and much of the Bendis status quo.swept away or somehow undone within the first few months of 2021.
    I’m curious what will stay and what will go. Jon I expect to be deaged, but will it be our teen Jon aged back down like Chris Kent was, or will they reveal Teen Jon is from another timeline or Earth and that kid Jon still exists? I hope the United Planets and Invisible Mafia stick around, both of those are concepts worth keeping.

I just want to know who is taking over

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I just want to know who is taking over
    Phillip K. Johnson will be writing Superman tie-ins for Future State. That’s probably where Jon as Superman will show up. But we won’t get the “real” teams until March, and we won’t get those solicits until December.

Is there any indication that Bendis is also leaving LOSH or YJ?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Is there any indication that Bendis is also leaving LOSH or YJ?
    If I recall, YJ is definitely wrapping up. As for Legion, that's still up in the air. Nothing is confirmed yet but recent solicits have people speculating that his time is up on that book too. It'd be kinda weird if it wasn't. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, of all of his current books, isn't that one doing the worst in sales.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    If I recall, YJ is definitely wrapping up. As for Legion, that's still up in the air. Nothing is confirmed yet but recent solicits have people speculating that his time is up on that book too. It'd be kinda weird if it wasn't. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, of all of his current books, isn't that one doing the worst in sales.
    No, that honor belongs to Young Justice.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, that honor belongs to Young Justice.
    Ah. Just as well. I may hate Legion more but YJ is definitely the worst of Bendis' DC titles. Shame too. It was the only one that I thought I'd enjoy.

It is so vanilla, repetitive,going nowhere, kon isnt all he can be, and to many damn hugs ugh

Astonishing Member

Bendis posted on Instagram that he's leaving Superman and Action, but he's not done with Superman (JL?) and the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Bendis posted on Instagram that he's leaving Superman and Action, but he's not done with Superman (JL?) and the Legion.
    Here’s the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGWV2msp...=1hzf9djr6x3t1
    Yep feel confident he’s getting Justice League. Works for me, there’s no one else at DC right now that I’m dying to get the book, and if the book is bad I’ll just ignore it like I did with Hitch. Bendis writes a good Superman and Batman, his Hal was ok as well, his Flash though was awful but hopefully he can improve. I wonder if he’ll shake up the team line-up? JL could use a team shake-up, although I dunno who he’d want to bring on board.

Also looks like Legion will continue, which may mean Teen Jon stays for now. Sacred and Vakanani win lol, new writers on Clark and Jon is kept out of the picture.

Honestly I'm not counting on anything at this point. Until I start hearing specifics on March, I'm not assuming much of anything, because who knows if any of these teases aren't just about Future State, for example.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Also looks like Legion will continue, which may mean Teen Jon stays for now.
    Not necessarily. December solicits still teased some kind of twist of Jon's fate. And it all depends on what they want from the character. In terms of profit, they have no reason to leave him as a teen, especially considering that 5G is gone.
    Plus, Bendis might just be writing a Future State title for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Honestly I'm not counting on anything at this point. Until I start hearing specifics on March, I'm not assuming much of anything, because who knows if any of these teases aren't just about Future State, for example.
    Hmm Bendis could be writing Legion Future State, good point. Don’t think he’s writing Superman Future State, Johnson is writing two Superman books for that and I can’t see Supes getting more than two.

Astonishing Member

Judging by the fact that he continues to insist that he is not done with Superman, it is 99% likely that Justice League is his next title. But he never writes one single title, so he will most likely be given something else. I'm still hoping for Green Arrow, to be honest.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bendis is still retweeting about DC Future State on his Twitter so he is definitely involved with that, it'll be interesting see if we get any jon kent superman stuff in that event.