Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Bendis leaving the Superman and Action Comics in December

Solicits leaked an hour early: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...16&postcount=1

ACTION COMICS #1028
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    Card stock variant
    cover by RAFAEL GRAMPA
    The powerhouse creative team of Brian Michael Bendis, John Romita Jr., and Klaus Janson wrap up their run on Action Comics with "House of Kent: Epilogue." With the final fate of Metropolis's underworld revealed at last, it's time for each member of the House of Kent to face their unknown futures head on, including Lois, Conner, Jon, Kara, Jimmy, and, of course, Clark Kent! This standalone Superman story connects threads from Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Superman, Justice League, Legion of Super-Heroes, and other unforgettable series in epic -- and unexpected -- ways!
    32 pages, $3.99, (variant, $4.99(, available on Dec. 22.
    SUPERMAN #28
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO card stock
    Variant cover by KAEL NGU
    It's the Man of Steel's last stand in this final Superman tale by the team of Brian Michael Bendis, Ivan Reis, and Joe Prado! Superman comes face to face with an alien race that he desperately wants to help before it is too late. As the cosmically powered race known as the Synmar aim their deadly power at the Man of Steel's adopted planet, Superman finds himself pushed past anything he has ever faced! Get ready to experience a powerhouse moment for Superman that's been years in the making!
    32 pages, $3.99 (Variant, $4.99), available on Dec. 15.

Astonishing Member

I was thinking about that since Bendis posted poster for 28th issue.
    I'm curious, who will write next. Maybe Waid?

Hypo, when CBR posts the solicits, change the link. I got told off for using Comics Continuum's solicits page last month.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

yes! i really hated this run. Hopefully in january there will be a different writer on action and on superman. He has 2 books, it helps to have options if I don't like one of them.

Oh no. How dreadful. Just awful. /sarcasm

I'm hoping whoever gets it next fixes all the stuff Bendis broke. Like the age-up, Lois and Clark being indifferent at best parents, the identity reveal, erasing Rogol Zar, making the Legion Clark's, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oh no. How dreadful. Just awful. /sarcasm

I'm hoping whoever gets it next fixes all the stuff Bendis broke. Like the age-up, Lois and Clark being indifferent at best parents, the identity reveal, erasing Rogol Zar, making the Legion Clark's, etc.
    This.

And I say this as someone who really wanted to like Bendis' run. I enjoyed a lot of his previous works, but this didn't do it for me except for a few moments here and there.

I enjoyed Bendis’ run on the books but I’m excited for new creative teams as well. Be a dream come true for me if Jeff Loveness and Gene Yang got the books. I’d also take Matt Fraction on Superman or Action.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Bendis entire run screams soft reboot on the horizon. Getting rid of his SI? Yeah, there was no way that was sticking around. My only question is, was this the new management or was this in the works prior to the firings?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Bendis entire run screams soft reboot on the horizon. Getting rid of his SI? Yeah, there was no way that was sticking around. My only question is, was this the new management or was this in the works prior to the firings?
    The plan was initially for Jon to take over as Superman for 5G with Luke Fox Batman.

I've enjoyed Bendis' run more than most. I think it had a ton of good ideas with pretty consistently muddled or rushed execution that shot itself in the foot more times than not. I think if a lot of his ideas had been better developed through the characters instead of just rushing through plot points to get to other plot points this could have been an amazing run. The status quo itself I think is probably one of the better ones for a modern context and I'd like that to continue.

I'd like to see Tom Taylor or Gene Luen Yang take over. Or Fraction. Waid not so much.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The plan was initially for Jon to take over as Superman for 5G with Luke Fox Batman.
    So then they REALLY have no reason to keep the Bendis stuff now.
    Assassinate Putin!

Red face

Yes, yes, a million times YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! My day is made. I can return to reading one of my favorite characters. Good riddance I say.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I've been so far from anything comic related, and this is where I thought I was gonna be excited to jump back in. But weirdly, I feel sorry that I left Bendis so far behind. To stick out over 60 issues and pull off some of the better ideas, I'm really going to respect and invest in the end of this chapter.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

THANK GOD! One of the worst Superman runs ever! But I'm already feeling sorry for the poor sod with the ungrateful task of cleaning up the mess he's going to leave behind.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

A few things I don't like will probably be undone. Jon probably won't, but I 'll hold out a slim hope he's erased to oblivion until there's no reason to hope anymore. But how they go about fixing the lore I have no idea. Its more broken now than its ever been.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El