Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061 LastLast

From the looks of it, he’s definitely doing a tie in with Checkmate

https://insidepulse.com/2021/04/12/d...heckmate-more/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not impossible. Honestly if he wants to give Rogal to the League I’m all for it. The League needs more villains that are specific to them beyond Darkseid and I wouldn’t really care if Rogal got elevated to a League threat. He did almost blow up the planet so he can absolutely punch at that level.
    The thing is though, would he really be believable as a League level threat?

It just reminds me of how Bendis kept trying to make the Hood a far bigger deal than he actually was. Or Lucia Von Bardas.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    From the looks of it, he’s definitely doing a tie in with Checkmate

https://insidepulse.com/2021/04/12/d...heckmate-more/
    Another thing for Dinah and Ollie to fight over?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It just reminds me of how Bendis kept trying to make the Hood a far bigger deal than he actually was. Or Lucia Von Bardas.

I don’t see him as any less believable a threat than any other character. How many times have we seen Darkseid fail, yet he’s being hyped up as the overall Infinite Frontier big bad once again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don’t see him as any less believable a threat than any other character. How many times have we seen Darkseid fail, yet he’s being hyped up as the overall Infinite Frontier big bad once again.
    Darkseid's got Kirby and Morrison, while Zaar has felt kind of forced since Bendis introduced him, but I guess that's down to personal taste.

Darkseid's got Kirby and Morrison, while Zaar has felt kind of forced since Bendis introduced him, but I guess that's down to personal taste.
    Alas it’s been over 10 years since Morrison and ever longer since Kirby. Besides either way the JL needs more villains, and since they insist on poaching Supes I’d rather they take Rogal over Brainiac.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Covers lie and I'm hoping that's what's up here. After Infinite Frontier #0 and them sharing a Justice League roster, I sincerely hope the relationship isn't already being torpedoed.

Alas it’s been over 10 years since Morrison and ever longer since Kirby. Besides either way the JL needs more villains, and since they insist on poaching Supes I’d rather they take Rogal over Brainiac.
    I feel like the League deserves better, but I guess it if means Zaar's not stealing screentime in the Super Books .

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Lol, the Hood. That was such a weird thing because it wasn't his own character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I meant dropped by DC - which is obviously why he made Marvel aware he was available.
    It's been a while and still there's nothing that says "dropped by DC" though. All we know is he picked up Marvel work, but that doesn't suggest it was a choice prompted by DC.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Covers lie and I'm hoping that's what's up here. After Infinite Frontier #0 and them sharing a Justice League roster, I sincerely hope the relationship isn't already being torpedoed.
    Canary was working with some government agency back in Green Arrow 50, so she probably works for Checkmate now even if she doesn't know it. I doubt they'll go that route.

But look at Lois appearing in Justice League!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Canary was working with some government agency back in Green Arrow 50, so she probably works for Checkmate now even if she doesn't know it. I doubt they'll go that route.

Was she now?

Yeah but for Canary that before the Leviathan event which destroyed most of the government agencies, something which Bendis is writing. So under Bendis, Black Canary has no one to work for while Green Arrow has formed his own little group, including Talia and Damian Wayne, to take on an independent rouge supervillain nation.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Was she now?
    I forget what it was, but yeah. She was working for some government agency in I think her DCYou run. That all kinda was put by the wayside when they reconnected in Rebirth. But then when Batman gave Ollie that box to take down the League after Metal, they kind of called her back to help try to get it from him. She ended up pretty much letting him go if I recall in the last issue, Green Arrow 50 (this was in the run that got cut short that was by the two that are on that Superman & Lois pitch)

Yeah but for Canary that before the Leviathan event which destroyed most of the government agencies, something which Bendis is writing. So under Bendis, Black Canary has no one to work for while Green Arrow has formed his own little group, including Talia and Damian Wayne, to take on an independent rouge supervillain nation.
    I thought Checkmate was sort of reforming in the place of those, so they would be pulling in operatives where the can. At least that was the angle I assumed this would take.

I forget what it was, but yeah. She was working for some government agency in I think her DCYou run. That all kinda was put by the wayside when they reconnected in Rebirth. But then when Batman gave Ollie that box to take down the League after Metal, they kind of called her back to help try to get it from him. She ended up pretty much letting him go if I recall in the last issue, Green Arrow 50 (this was in the run that got cut short that was by the two that are on that Superman & Lois pitch)

I thought Checkmate was sort of reforming in the place of those, so they would be pulling in operatives where the can. At least that was the angle I assumed this would take.
    Honestly it’s hard to really remember, all I know is that Leviathan purchased Markovia so that they could be their own independent nation and then Checkmate reformed under Bones, Green Arrow, and Lois Lane, with people like King Faraday, Steve Trevor, Talia al Ghul, Manhunter, Toyman, and Damian Wayne on the team.
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Was she now?
    Yeah, they brought it back as a way to split them up without breaking them up properly and end the book abruptly. I don't think anybody wants to remember it and for good reason. Dinah being a government agent never worked for me.

Honestly it’s hard to really remember, all I know is that Leviathan purchased Markovia so that they could be their own independent nation and then Checkmate reformed under Bones, Green Arrow, and Lois Lane, with people like King Faraday, Steve Trevor, Talia al Ghul, Manhunter, Toyman, and Damian Wayne on the team.

Nothing about Damian continuing to be under Bendis is appealing.