Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Agreed give him Justice League Dark and let him shake status quo until he's satisfied and then a new writer comes in and fixes his mess that works for his brand.
    JL Dark, JLI, or some completely new branch of the League altogether. Give him a bunch of B/C list heroes and he might actually do alright. Credit where credit is due: I think he's a good people to call when you need to breathe life into an older or less popular characters.

Agreed give him Justice League Dark and let him shake status quo until he's satisfied and then a new writer comes in and fixes his mess that works for his brand.
    Not Justice League Dark. Bendis isn't much of a magic guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    going by his YJ and Legion, his justice league would probably have a much bigger cast than the team has had since 2011.
    And they'd all pretty much be there to introduce themselves and make quips.

**** no Ram V is absolutely killing it on JLD. Wouldn’t take him off that unless he was getting the main JL book or a Doom Patrol book.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Mr. Terrific replacing Batman as the brains, Shazam or Kenan Kong replacing Clark as the muscle, and Black Canary/Vixen taking over for Diana as the heart.
    Yeah I would definitely be interested in this Trinity on the League. There's definitely some unique dynamics that could be explored there.

Nah. JLA, a secondary Justice League book that isn't Dark. Frontier's right, magic isn't his forte.

I find it odd that Legion is his only Future State book. So he wasn't due to do anything else for 5G? I wonder if his DC exclusivity is ending?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nah. JLA, a secondary Justice League book that isn't Dark. Frontier's right, magic isn't his forte.

I find it odd that Legion is his only Future State book. So he wasn't due to do anything else for 5G? I wonder if his DC exclusivity is ending?
    He and Williamson I think are just helping round out the lineup. We don’t know if Bendis was going to write the original 5G Jon Superman plans. He’s got something else coming after Future State so I don’t think he’s leaving, and it will be with Marquez.

I would think that Bendis would put members on the JL that would fit into the anti-hero mold, like Harley Quinn and Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I would think that Bendis would put members on the JL that would fit into the anti-hero mold, like Harley Quinn and Deathstroke.
    Harley...maybe. Depending on who else she's with. But that's a big no on Deathstroke. Any attempt at making Slade "good" needs to be shot down on sight. That dude is a special kind of monster. Especially if Judas Contract is canon again.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    He'll find a way to put in the characters he wants to write for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He'll find a way to put in the characters he wants to write for sure.
    Aw crap. That means more "Dude!" Damian.

But with Didio gone, I imagine Bendis' pull has been drastically reduced.

Give Bendis Justice League International. I think he would kill on that book.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Agreed. I think Bendis excels at what made the early JLI comics so fun. Bouncing characters off each other in fun ways

Give Bendis the Super Friends with the Wonder Twins, J'Onn and a rotating cast of Leaguers going through their day in the Hall of Justice
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 10-18-2020 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I think this would definitely more to Bendis' speed than a typical Justice League book.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I just heard an interview with Bendis on Hillel@home and he said that though he's done with the Superman titles, he's not done with the character as he will feature in his new project with David Marquez that will be announced "soon".
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I just heard an interview with Bendis on Hillel@home and he said that though he's done with the Superman titles, he's not done with the character as he will feature in his new project with David Marquez that will be announced "soon".
    Totally expect it to be Justice League. I mean who else would take the book? Williamson is already doing Death Metal tie-ins for JL and he’s got Batman/Superman to scratch his team up itch. Tynion pretty much co-wrote JL with Snyder and seems to only be doing Batman along with his creator owned stuff. Taylor would be an obvious choice (putting aside how dreadful I think he is) but I can’t see DC giving JL to anyone not working exclusively for them, and Taylor is doing an Elseworld for Marvel.

There’s really no one else “big” enough for the book. At least with Marquez you know it will be gorgeous, and everyone has hated every JL run since, damn, I want to say Robinson’s pre-FP run? I can’t even remember the last time JL was getting universal acclaim lmao, so Bendis will be in fine company.