Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d be ok with it if he got one of the books, but I’d rather get a 12 issue maxiseries with Superman in it from him. Wanting to write 100 issues of Batman despite not really having that much story hurt him in the long run I think.
    Oh boy, 12-Maxi Series of King and Doc Shaner will be awesome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    I believe it's also a very friendly new reader Superman story.
    It was my first Superman comic to read, and yes, I loved it and still wish DC would revive it with a new writer.

This is what it would be perfect to me:

Superman - Writer: Mark Waid; Artist: Jorge Jimenez

Action Comics - Writer: Mark Russell; Artist: Dan Mora

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Jimenez being on the team means jon would be in good hands. So good pick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Dan Mora on Action Comic? I believe we are finally going to see that heat vision-Kamehameha from Clark.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The excuse given at the time was that JMS wanted to focus on Superman: Earth One and his personal projects. JMS was given both Superman and Wonder Woman (the former with #700 and the latter #600). He got about 4 - 5 issues into each book and decided to leave. Instead of abandoning the storylines for each, DC decided to get other writers to finish them based on JMS notes/outlines. Roberson did Superman and Phil Hester tackled Wonder Woman.

Personally, I think JMS bailed because DC had decided to move forward with The New 52. Therefore rendering anything he did as being moot. Why continue writing something if it isn't going to matter in a few months?
    I think if anything from the editorial perspective JMS's runs on WW and Superman appears in retrospect to be filler and to buy time until New 52. JMS himself has cited the fact that he was sick with bronchitis for why he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    Glad Bendis is being taken off. If Waid comes on, then it will still stink and I won't buy it. I would like to see Dan Jurgens pick back up the book and continue where he left off before everything was destroyed.
    I think Jurgens is done with Superman. We need new blood.

Looks like we’ll find out who is taking over the Superbooks soon
    B52F2EAF-9FF8-4713-9AF3-2406CFBE06AA.jpg

BANNED

Please be Mark Russell, Please be Mark Russell, Please be Mark Russell.

Spectacular Member

Bring back Tomasi, and pull a Dallas. Superman wakes up and realizes the entire Bendis run was a nightmare that didn't happen lol.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Generations: Future State was teased in Detective Comics 1027. It should follow Jurgens' Generations: Shattered one-shot.

Looks it's a Bendis' project: https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...98864750776321

This is probably where he gets to do Superman Jon and stuff. I just hope it utilizes the separate imprint idea we'd heard rumored of so I can ignore it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fine with me. I have no problem with the idea of a Superman Beyond book where Jon is wearing the cape, as long as it doesn't replace the regular titles. I'm all about moving the character forward one step and exploring this new status quo Bendis has introduced, but I don't want to move *that* far forward!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I like Super-intelligent, awesome journalist super sci-fi Superman so I really hope Warren Ellis will get to do a run with a stellar artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I like Super-intelligent, awesome journalist super sci-fi Superman so I really hope Warren Ellis will get to do a run with a stellar artist.
    Two or three months back, and Warren Ellis was probably the writer I wanted the most to tackle Superman. His views on tranhumanism, the Wild Storm books he had just made and most of all, Trametropolitan still is one of the best things in comics, imo.
    Just imagine the way he could actually made the journalism aspect of the Superman mythos matter, in a way that never did before, look at what he did with Spider Jerusalem. Those issues about the people who come out of cryogenics and have to adapt to a world that they don't know without the financial and emotional resources necessary, man, that still brings me chills.

The thought of having that themes, with that level of skill, starring Clark and Lois, it would be a defining run, I'm sure of it.

But it won't happen anymore.