Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
I've seen people complain that Superman is portrayed too much as a boring goodie two-shoes. I've also heard people say that Priest wouldn't be a good fit for Superman. But I guarantee that his run would be the opposite of that. Could bring some fresh stuff to the character.

Eh. I'm not sure if I want that. As Bendis has already shown (in this run and a lot of his other books) just because something's different, or "fresh", doesn't automatically mean it's a good idea.

For as much as I used to think it made him a boring character, I've actually come to appreciate the straight laced, goodie-two shoes Clark in recent years. I actually think it's kinda interesting how unwavering he is in his morals and how it takes a lot to kill his kind and cheerful disposition.

Does that mean I think there should never be anything new going on in his life or any big changes for his character? Of course not. Hell, making him a family man was a big change and y'all should already know how I feel about that by now lol.

But bringing in Priest for the express purpose of making Clark edgier isn't something I'd be interested in seeing. I didn't like when Glass did it to the Teen Titans. I didn't like it when Netherrealm Studios did it to half the heroes in Injustice. I hated when Snyder did it in his DC movies. It's just...not something that would get me reading Superman again.