Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758596061 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Brian Bendis No Longer Exclusive At DC Comics: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bria...-at-dc-comics/

Astonishing Member

Not surprising, to be honest.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Not surprising, to be honest.
    Same here, his perceived failure on Superman has lowered his stock considerably in the Comic Book Industry or so I've heard from people I know who (still) work there.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Brian Bendis No Longer Exclusive At DC Comics: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bria...-at-dc-comics/
    Interesting that Fantastic Four is the is the last Marvel book he wants to tackle.

I wonder what this means for Bendis' tenure at DC...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Interesting, but he's already teased more DC projects and more jinxworld books coming out this year.

I don’t think any of DC’s old writers are exclusive anymore. Scott Snyder isn’t. Geoff Johns isn’t. Hell PKJ, the guy writing the Superbooks after Bendis, is writing Alien published by Marvel! Like the article says, the big writer exclusive contract is dead at DC. I really enjoyed the Bendis tenure on the Super books, but no way was he worth the big contract they gave him. He simply isn’t the big seller he was in the past. Hopefully DC doesn’t give someone like Slott or Aaron a similar deal, both of them are likewise fading and wouldn’t be big gets for DC anymore. Only Hickman, Ewing, or Cates would be worth a huge contract to get them to jump over imo.

Astonishing Member

Truth be told, I've never been a fan of these exclusive contracts, it's rather limiting.

Is Tom King still exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    If he isn’t I doubt he’d want to go back to Marvel after that Breevort tweet lol.

https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...20023766093824

He does have a creator owned book coming down the line though.

One can only hope not after the shoddy work he's been turning out as of late. The guy very much needs tight editorial control. Many of his ideas are terrible in their execution and make characters act OOC, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    One can only hope not after the shoddy work he's been turning out as of late. The guy very much needs tight editorial control. Many of his ideas are terrible in their execution and make characters act OOC, IMO.
    I imagine DC has learned their lesson, seeing as he's working on twelve issue miniseries that are either focused on characters that people don't care about too much anyways (Strange Adventures) or are on the cusp of continuity if that (Batman & Catwoman).
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 01-25-2021 at 02:03 PM.

I imagine DC has learned there lesson, seeing as he's working on twelve issue miniseries that are either focused on characters that people don't care about too much anyways (Strange Adventures) or are on the cusp of continuity if that (Batman & Catwoman).
    Yeah, so it would seem. I can't say I blame them in this case for keeping him reined in as much as possible after the BatCat debacle. Batman is their undisputed cash cow anything that threatens its stability also threatens DC Comics overall.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-25-2021 at 12:54 PM.

I imagine DC has learned their lesson, seeing as he's working on twelve issue miniseries that are either focused on characters that people don't care about too much anyways (Strange Adventures) or are on the cusp of continuity if that (Batman & Catwoman).
    And it looks like Strange Adventures is moving well, issue 6 from October had 31-38 000 units sold, which I think is pretty good for such character. Bat/Cat should also sell well. So it is probably a win/win?