Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wait. So let me get this straight. Bendis tanks YJ and Legion ain't doing too well either. Ssoooooooo they give him the Justice League???
    Bendis's plans got disrupted with Didio leaving and 5G getting tossed out the window. If it wasn't for that he probably never would have left.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wait. So let me get this straight. Bendis tanks YJ and Legion ain't doing too well either. Ssoooooooo they give him the Justice League???
    Not surprised. It's definitely not the first time he's failed upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Not surprised. It's definitely not the first time he's failed upwards.
    Even as a former (and hopefully again) Bendis fan, I couldn't help but at this.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I might be idiot.But,that was meant to be a jibe.He doesn't need to mention jon for that.It's all in the context.If not,my bad.My apologies.either way,I have no skin in the game.As said,punch if it was mean to be,missed it's mark.

The black s logo was designed by fliescher studios.These guys have been using it for darkness and stuff like.Which is wierd.I don't feel goldenage superman was anything dark.Historically,it might have been dark times.But,the character was sheer power fantasy for people who had nothing and poor kids.

See,what did i tell people.superman has become bland. Thank you finally,someone said it.Btw!i believe,the goldenage superman has been what these guys including geoff johns has been going for with conner.Kesel's direction for the character was way different.The only thing left of that direction is the telekenisis.If So,superman wasn't always such vanilla character.Cause without that geoff johns would have no blue print for conner restructuring.Also,heck yeah!kid jon is fun storytelling.Thanks.If wally can change with right writer.Jon can as well.
    I don't have a problem with Jon himself, he walks, talk, and acts just like the heir apparent should in my head. What I have a problem with is DC shoving him down our throats, over Clark, over Conner, just to push him. Conner derrves better than to get vanilla-I zed(which he is now) or pushed to the back of the bus for him.

Well I loved kesel kon,but most things I want from a future interpretation of kon is from geoffs, the YJ show, the Titans show, and the new 52 all wrapped up in a pretty bow.

How would you make Conner if you could?

Spectacular Member

Poor Justice League, what a catastrophe, Bendis is terrible. He wrecked Superman, now he wants to destroy JL.

I don't have a problem with Jon himself, he walks, talk, and acts just like the heir apparent should in my head. What I have a problem with is DC shoving him down our throats, over Clark, over Conner, just to push him. Conner derrves better than to get vanilla-I zed(which he is now) or pushed to the back of the bus for him.
    Jon has nothing at all to do with what happened to Kon (if you mean that Conner), IMO. As far I'm concerned, he went down in interesting-factor more than a decade before Jon existed. Even if he didn't, old-school Kon was still erased/rewriten years before Jon existed, and one had nothing to with the other. A Jon Lane Kent fan might be able to make that argument. But not a Chris or Kon fan. Though they have many valid arguments on how their characters have been treated (and I'm a fan of Kon in the pre-Luthor-DNA days, and Chris-fan and I definitely have complaints), I don't think there is any basis at all in the argument that what was done to them was done "just to push [Jon]" - they got crap treatment and rewritten before Jon ever existed, and he (or Jon's existence in a meta sense) had nothing to with it.

Unless you you think the problems for Conner only began in 2014/2015? I definitely don't. But if you're talking New 52 Conner, I really can't comment, having never read him at all. Not being the Kon I knew (and his existence erased) was enough to keep me away. So I can see his fans upset about him erased. But I'd guess his erasure had to do with not being post-COIE Kon, not with Jon.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-17-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Jon has nothing at all to do with what happened to Kon, IMO. As far I'm concerned, he went down in interesting-factor more than a decade before Jon existed. Even if he didn't, old-school Kon was still erased years before Jon existed, and one had nothing to with the other. A Jon Lane Kent fan might be able to make that argument. But not a Chris or Kon fan. Though they have many valid arguments on how their characters have been treated (and I'm a fan of Kon in the pre-Luthor-DNA days, and Chris-fan and I definitely have complaints), I don't think there is any basis at all in the argument that what was done to them was done "just to push [Jon]" - they got crap treatment and rewritten before Jon ever existed, and he (or Jon's existence in a meta sense) had nothing to with it. Unless you mean Prime Conner, which really, I think is a victim of not being post-COIE Conner.
    This is true.

I'm fan of Conner (post-Luthor DNA), but I wouldn't say he dissapear due to Jon. Thid character dissapeared before Jon even existed.

Even New52 Superboy dissapear before Jon's push start. The Superboy comic was canceled and he just dissapear.

At worst, you can say they don't bring Conner back sooner, because they want to push Jon. However, it is still weird to blame Jon for that.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

There isn't much to speculate over the subject, even Bendis confirmed it.

Comic Lounge: When you took over Superman, my first thought was, "I hope he brings back Conner".

Bendis: It's not done out of malice. It was like, "Let's put Conner away so we can focus on Jon". It's always done for someone's benefit.

https://www.thecomiclounge.com/post/...onquer-the-dcu

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    This is true.

I'm fan of Conner (post-Luthor DNA), but I wouldn't say he dissapear due to Jon. Thid character dissapeared before Jon even existed.

Even New52 Superboy dissapear before Jon's push start. The Superboy comic was canceled and he just dissapear.

At worst, you can say they don't bring Conner back sooner, because they want to push Jon. However, it is still weird to blame Jon for that.
    Whatever happened to New 52 Superboy?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    There isn't much to speculate over the subject, even Bendis confirmed it.

Comic Lounge: When you took over Superman, my first thought was, "I hope he brings back Conner".

Bendis: It's not done out of malice. It was like, "Let's put Conner away so we can focus on Jon". It's always done for someone's benefit.

https://www.thecomiclounge.com/post/...onquer-the-dcu
    But Conner was already gone. He wasn't removed or lessened to forward Jon. It's like someone hearing about a new Flash title in 1959 and saying "I hope they bring back Jay" and being told the book is about focusing on Barry. Doesn't mean Jay was put out to pasture to promote Barry or that Barry's existence is the reason for it (that decision was made years before). Though there's certainly some heroes that has happened with.

Though, admittedly, I don't want Kon in a Superman book, and liked him better when he was further removed, so I am biased there.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-17-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    This is true.

The difference in this case is just not being used to the character being erased. He wasn't being used much in the period right before Rebirth, you're definitely right about that. But his character existed in the mythos. Rebirth actually erased him from the mythos though. The only thing that's ever made any sense in that regard was that it was to push Jon as the only Superboy.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-17-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Whatever happened to New 52 Superboy?
    There were two: The clone and Jon Lane-Kent from the future. Both kinda sucked to be honest. Both died, New 52 Jon died at the end of his series I believe, right before Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Poor Justice League, what a catastrophe, Bendis is terrible. He wrecked Superman, now he wants to destroy JL.
    On the bright side, the odds of him doing any serious, permanent damage to most of these characters is slim to none since the only one he'd have complete creative freedom over is Naomi. And she's already been surprisingly good.

I'd say we're in for a much more pleasant ride with this one than we were with Superman. At best, I'd say we'll get something as decent as his Avengers run (You know...back when he wasn't so hit or miss) and at worst, we'll get a bunch of meandering nonsense (albeit harmless) like his Young Justice run. Either way, the League will be alright when he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There were two: The clone and Jon Lane-Kent from the future. Both kinda sucked to be honest. Both died, New 52 Jon died at the end of his series I believe, right before Rebirth.
    Jon Lane Kent practically wiped himself from existence due to time travel paradox shenanigans when he confronted himself from a previous timeline. Kon-El essentially just disappeared after it was revealed he unintentionally murdered Durlans due to some mental programming from his creator Harvest. Tom King let it be known that he was going to write for the new 52 Kon which would have included Miss Martian and drawn by Rocafort but never saw the light of day. The powers that be decided to end Kon.

Somebody needs to go back and reread my rant about Jon, at no time did I say he screwed kon over by Jons push.

BUT Imo he was the reason why he was not brought back sooner, and wiped from history potentially,bendis wrote both characters and couldnhave wrote kon as himself, but instead we got 1 dimensional guy who likes to hug his friends, when he could be cool as hell, and badass,and if there was no kon kon would get a bigger piece of the SUPER pie potentially.

Either way I'm ok, suicide squad will be better for his character than leading the SUPER books.