Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

https://youtu.be/Jbk0e_2VWCM

So here we’re getting our first teases of the Superman status quo post-Bendis. Phillip K Johnson, writer of The Last God for DC will be doing two Superman titles for Future State. One of them is called “House of L” which I assume will be a Luthor title. Skip to 13:46. Rest of the interview is still worth listening to imo.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://youtu.be/Jbk0e_2VWCM

So here we’re getting our first teases of the Superman status quo post-Bendis. Phillip K Johnson, writer of The Last God for DC will be doing two Superman titles for Future State. One of them is called “House of L” which I assume will be a Luthor title. Skip to 13:46. Rest of the interview is still worth listening to imo.
    Or House of El?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-07-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Phillip Kennedy Johnson, writer of DC Black Label's The Last God, will write The House of El and Superman books for the 2 months event Future State in January/February. Art by Mikel Janin (SM) and Scott Godlewski (House of El).

Source: https://youtu.be/Jbk0e_2VWCM?t=824
    Haha I beat you! The captions made it out to be “House of L” which made me think Luthor, but it probably is “El”. Hmm maybe one of those will be Jon Kent Superman but I don’t know what House of El will be about. Kara perhaps?

Haha I beat you! The captions made it out to be “House of L” which made me think Luthor, but it probably is “El”. Hmm maybe one of those will be Jon Kent Superman but I don’t know what House of El will be about. Kara perhaps?
    After I saw your post and I edited mine pointing it just that part. 😂

House of El was also the title of one of Bendis arc. Perhaps it'll involve the whole El family? Kara, Kal, Kon-El?

After I saw your post and I edited mine pointing it just that part. ��

House of El was also the title of one of Bendis arc. Perhaps it'll involve the whole El family? Kara, Kal, Kon-El?
    That makes sense. A “Superfamily” title, maybe where that daughter Bendis teased at the start of his run shows up too? Very curious to know more, seems like we’ll be getting more info this weekend.

That makes sense. A “Superfamily” title, maybe where that daughter Bendis teased at the start of his run shows up too? Very curious to know more, seems like we’ll be getting more info this weekend.
    Solicits should be out this Friday or the next one. Future State makes think of a 5G leftover but it could end up being something entirely different, and unexpected.

House of El was also the title of one of Bendis arc.
    No, that was House of Kent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, that was House of Kent.
    Actually, House of El was the title of Bendis' 2nd arc on Superman over 1,5 year ago.

https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...te-connection/
    Death Metal ends in January, and then January and February is Future State, which is going to give glimpses of possible DC futures," he continues. "That was built while we were doing Death Metal to lead into some stuff which isn’t happening anymore, but those plans have taken a new shape, which is exciting.
    So we will probably still get that Jon Kent Superman/Clark leading the Authority book, but it will be a “Future’s End scenario” where it’s just one possible future that the heroes back in the “present” will most likely need to change.

Certainly a better idea than what was originally planned. I doubt there will be anything I'm particularly interested in though. The make or break deal for me will be finding out what happens in March. Still hopeful on the digital front too, if main line Superman still isn't to my liking.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Certainly a better idea than what was originally planned. I doubt there will be anything I'm particularly interested in though. The make or break deal for me will be finding out what happens in March. Still hopeful on the digital front too, if main line Superman still isn't to my liking.
    Yeah those DC Universe Originals are still coming, and we haven’t heard anything about them other than they’re being worked on. If Bleeding Cool was right then Fraction and Zdarsky are making new versions of Superman and Batman (Ellis was involved before his harassment came to light). Hopefully they’ll star young versions of DC heroes. Maybe DC is finally doing what they should’ve done from the start, keep the old universe full of pros, and a new side “Ultimate” DC universe to bring in new people.

Is the new, likely Fox incarnation of Batman the same thing as these rumors, or were the Fraction Zdarsky stuff supposed to be something else in its own right? Or do we not really know that yet? Because I indeed would love an alternate Earth line with the classics just starting from day one, alongside other title ideas such as new portrayers for the named roles entirely.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Is the new, likely Fox incarnation of Batman the same thing as these rumors, or were the Fraction Zdarsky stuff supposed to be something else in its own right? Or do we not really know that yet? Because I indeed would love an alternate Earth line with the classics just starting from day one, alongside other title ideas such as new portrayers for the named roles entirely.
    Separate. John Ridley was supposed to take over the main Batman title with Luke Fox as Batman per Bleeding Cool. Tynion recently confirmed in his last newsletter that he was supposed to leave Batman with issue 100 before plans change, backing up BC’s claims. Fraction and Zdarsky’s stuff is an entirely different thing. They were supposed to star “new versions” of Batman and Superman, but there’s no specifics on whether that means new versions of Clark and Bruce or something else entirely. Given that these digital versions were meant to coincide with 5G, my bet was on them being Clark and Bruce as a way to still get readers who want monthly stories of those two as Batman and Superman to buy product or subscribe to DCU.

I see I see, interesting. I hope you're right and that these are things that are still on the board despite 5G not happening. Thanks for the info.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Yeah, it was pretty clear by reading Batman #100 and Joker War in general by reading between the lines that the original game plan was that Bruce was going to have his secret ID blown as well as his fortune taken from him, rendering him unable to remain Batman and then possibly "aged up" if the Bleeding Cool.rumors about 5G were true. Luke Fox would have probably ended up taking the mantle from Bruce on a "permanent " basis. Now it looks like the only real status quo altering consequences of Joker War is Babs is back as Oracle,Dick Grayson back to normal and Bruce will probably still be Batman,but with less monetary resources.

Same with Supes and Jon. It was clear Clark was probably either going to be a more galactic Superman as the official "president" of Earth and/or leader of the Authority with an aged up Jon as Superman of Earth. Now it's very likely we only get a taste of that status quo in Future State in February as a possible alternate future,but otherwise overwritten and much of the Bendis status quo.swept away or somehow undone within the first few months of 2021.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 10-11-2020 at 08:14 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.