Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Maybe Teen Jon is replaced by Teen Clark on Legion.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Maybe Teen Jon is replaced by Teen Clark on Legion.
    I was actually thinking about that when Jon got announced as one of the cast. That when he inevitably left, he could just be replaced by a young Clark. Which is all the better now than when NuLegion was introduced, since Clark was still missing his Superboy history. Thanks to Doomsday Clock, he now has that history back. So if they needed a Superboy on the team, young Clark is the way to go.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superman Family

Due to his involvement in an international crisis happening in the near future, Clark Kent has been rejected by Earth, causing him to focus his lifesaving efforts outside his adopted home. He travels to Warworld to rise through the ranks of gladiatorial combat in order to defeat Mongul with the help of some unlikely heroes. Back in Metropolis, Clark’s son Jon has taken on the mantle of Superman. After seeing the horrors that befell Gotham, he bottles Metropolis in order to keep it safe, putting him at odds with Supergirl.

Connecting the two oversized Future State: Superman titles, Shilo Norman, the man known as Mister Miracle, finds himself caught between the city he grew up in and the battle-torn planet that could be his downfall.

Meanwhile in the Amazon rainforest, Yara Flor is chosen to be the new Wonder Woman. Years later, the new Superman and Wonder Woman join forces to save their cities in a new superhero team-up the likes of which the world has never seen.

Oversized Comics:

Future State: Superman of Metropolis #1-2
    Superman of Metropolis, by Sean Lewis and John Timms
    The Guardian, by Sean Lewis and Cully Hamner
    Mister Miracle, by Brandon Easton and Valentine De Landro
    Future State: Superman: Worlds of War #1-4
    Superman: Worlds of War, by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Mikel Janin
    Midnighter, by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Gleb Melnikov
    Black Racer, by Jeremy Adams and Siya Oum
    Mister Miracle, by Brandon Easton and Valentine De Landro
    Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman #1-2
    Immortal Wonder Woman, by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Jen Bartel
    Nubia, by L.L. McKinney, Alitha E. Martinez and Mark Morales

Monthly Miniseries and One-Shots

Future State: House of El, by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Scott Godlewski (one-shot on sale February)
    Future State: Kara Zor-El, Superwoman, by Marguerite Bennett and Marguerite Sauvage
    Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes, by Brian Michael Bendis and Riley Rossmo
    Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman, by Dan Watters and Leila del Duca
    Future State: Superman vs. Imperious Lex, by Mark Russell and Steve Pugh (3-issue series ending March 2021)
    Future State: Wonder Woman, by Joëlle Jones

Source: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/1...he-dc-universe

Okay. So when he says he's not done with Legion, he just means this little event that's just supposed to be a short remnant of Didio's ill advised 5G thing....hopefully....

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Here’s the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGWV2msp...=1hzf9djr6x3t1
    Yep feel confident he’s getting Justice League. Works for me, there’s no one else at DC right now that I’m dying to get the book, and if the book is bad I’ll just ignore it like I did with Hitch. Bendis writes a good Superman and Batman, his Hal was ok as well, his Flash though was awful but hopefully he can improve. I wonder if he’ll shake up the team line-up? JL could use a team shake-up, although I dunno who he’d want to bring on board.

Also looks like Legion will continue, which may mean Teen Jon stays for now. Sacred and Vakanani win lol, new writers on Clark and Jon is kept out of the picture.
    I just can't see Bendis on Justice League ending well. I haven't read his Legion but after Young Justice I feel like his issues with team books is still as much of a problem as it was back at Marvel.

His Superman is good. I think his Batman is okay. Flash was bad and I don't think he had a good handle on Diana's voice. But he probably would shake up the roster to make sure they felt street-level.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just can't see Bendis on Justice League ending well. I haven't read his Legion but after Young Justice I feel like his issues with team books is still as much of a problem as it was back at Marvel.

His Superman is good. I think his Batman is okay. Flash was bad and I don't think he had a good handle on Diana's voice. But he probably would shake up the roster to make sure they felt street-level.
    Honestly the JL could use some scaling down after the nonstop constant Multiversal catastrophes of the last couple of years.

Despite his Avengers being....not very good, I'd be willing to at least give him a chance if he got put on JL. Even if I would prefer that be given to Taylor. Like Young Justice, it has the potential to be pretty good. And there's a slightly lesser chance of it being bogged down by all the issues that plagued his YJ run.

Though his borderline obsessive need to shake up every status quo he touches does concern me when it comes to his involvement in big name books. It'd be one thing if these shake-ups tended to be good but...he's got a long history of leaving messes for other writers to have to clean up.

I just want Bendis away from Jon, Superman, Damian, and any other character I like so with that said I want Legion to end. Very pretty book but storywise, it's mediocre to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Despite his Avengers being....not very good, I'd be willing to at least give him a chance if he got put on JL. Even if I would prefer that be given to Taylor. Like Young Justice, it has the potential to be pretty good. And there's a slightly lesser chance of it being bogged down by all the issues that plagued his YJ run.

Though his borderline obsessive need to shake up every status quo he touches does concern me when it comes to his involvement in big name books. It'd be one thing if these shake-ups tended to be good but...he's got a long history of leaving messes for other writers to have to clean up.
    I don’t even know how you could do a major shake up with the JL. His big success with Avengers was killing off the B and C-Listers and putting on the “cool” characters like Spidey and Wolverine. JL is already the cool kids club. Controversial take but I actually wouldn’t mind someone kicking the Trinity off the League and replacing them with other heroes. Not like we’re hurting for guest appearances by Batman or Superman anyway lol.

I don’t even know how you could do a major shake up with the JL. His big success with Avengers was killing off the B and C-Listers and putting on the “cool” characters like Spidey and Wolverine. JL is already the cool kids club. Controversial take but I actually wouldn’t mind someone kicking the Trinity off the League and replacing them with other heroes. Not like we’re hurting for guest appearances by Batman or Superman anyway lol.
    But who do you bring into replace the trinity? Not saying I disagree but to DC they cash cows on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    But who do you bring into replace the trinity? Not saying I disagree but to DC they cash cows on the team.
    I know. There’s no one they could replace Batman with that would keep up his sales. I’m not approaching this from the mindset of “what will sell” because what they have right now are the strongest sellers. But from a standpoint of “who would be interesting characters to replace the Trinity with on the League that I would like to see”? Mr. Terrific replacing Batman as the brains, Shazam or Kenan Kong replacing Clark as the muscle, and Black Canary/Vixen taking over for Diana as the heart.

Mr. Terrific replacing Batman as the brains, Shazam or Kenan Kong replacing Clark as the muscle, and Black Canary/Vixen taking over for Diana as the heart.
    Okay. now this! This would get me buying in a fucking heartbeat! lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-15-2020 at 09:16 AM.

To be honest I think Bendis would be better off with a JL of B and C-listers instead of writing the A-listers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I think Bendis would be better off with a JL of B and C-listers instead of writing the A-listers.
    Agreed give him Justice League Dark and let him shake status quo until he's satisfied and then a new writer comes in and fixes his mess that works for his brand.

going by his YJ and Legion, his justice league would probably have a much bigger cast than the team has had since 2011.