Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

I think Williamson is getting Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You’d think people would learn to just stop replying when he goes off on diatribes about how Superman should just be turned into whatever anime/manga he’s consuming but no, they always gotta argue with him.
    To me that sounds like the same short -sighted, trend chasing approach DiDio and company have taken. It begins with a rejection of the duh historic and one-of-a-kind traits in favor of making it some thing it isn't AND something that owes its existence to the very design they are bastardizing.

Superman does not need to mimic any other brand--he's freaking SUPERMAN. That paths leads to unfocused, Hodge podge mediocrity. Look at the comics for Wonder Woman to get an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Williamson is getting Titans.
    Him or Taylor. I really hope the Titans can start to rebuild post-Didio, they need a good solid run like Williamson gave Barry.

Astonishing Member

With Taylor so far, it seems to me, it is much more likely that he is taking one of Superman's books. At least based on what he has been tweeting in recent months, well, that really does give the impression. And, perhaps, some Super Sons project, he reacted quite brightly to Jimenez's teaser, and he is a fan of them, like his children.
    And Williamson takes the Titans for sure. He has both tie-ins to Death Metal in one way or another related to the Titans, and it's hard to say what else he can be given now, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    With Taylor so far, it seems to me, it is much more likely that he is taking one of Superman's books. At least based on what he has been tweeting in recent months, well, that really does give the impression. And, perhaps, some Super Sons project, he reacted quite brightly to Jimenez's teaser, and he is a fan of them, like his children.
    And Williamson takes the Titans for sure. He has both tie-ins to Death Metal in one way or another related to the Titans, and it's hard to say what else he can be given now, to be honest.
    Taylor’s tweets give me the opposite impression. I don’t think he’s on either of the books.

Taylor, when not brutally killing characters off or making them evil, does a pretty good job with certain characters like Damian, Jon, and some others. Him doing Super Sons, so long as it doesn't go grim/dark, would be okay in my book.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It makes sense. They need a big writer, Marquez is a big artist, and no one else seems to be available for a variety of reasons.
    Effing gross. I endured a decade of his mediocrity on the Avengers. Hopefully it’s DC Comics Presents, and it’s a Supes team up book again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Effing gross. I endured a decade of his mediocrity on the Avengers. Hopefully it’s DC Comics Presents, and it’s a Supes team up book again.
    Lmao well did you like Scott Snyder’s run? Or Johns? (I don’t know of anyone who likes Hitch’s). If not at least it’s no big deal given I’ve yet to be reading a monthly JL comic that didn’t have the forums dumping on it.

Lmao well did you like Scott Snyder’s run? Or Johns? (I don’t know of anyone who likes Hitch’s). If not at least it’s no big deal given I’ve yet to be reading a monthly JL comic that didn’t have the forums dumping on it.
    Is it alright if I liked parts of those runs ?

Team books are hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Taylor, when not brutally killing characters off or making them evil, does a pretty good job with certain characters like Damian, Jon, and some others. Him doing Super Sons, so long as it doesn't go grim/dark, would be okay in my book.
    Honestly even when Taylor writes characters when they're not evil or monsters, I think writes them on generic autopilot versions. His Wonder Woman is pretty terrible across the board but even his Superman in the pre-POD Injustice stuff and DCeased was prett generic "nice but dumb" guy to me.

So I guess he'd be perfect for a modern Justice League or Harley Quinn book.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-31-2020 at 10:32 AM.

More than I did his Avengers, X-Men, GotG, Iron Man, and Superman. And his Leviathan event. Absolutely garbage.

Mark Waid is confirmed to be writing the Superman story in Dark Knights: Death Metal, The Last Stories of The DC Universe with Francis Manapul as the artist: https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...14074006269952

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Mark Waid is confirmed to be writing the Superman story in Dark Knights: Death Metal, The Last Stories of The DC Universe with Francis Manapul as the artist: https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...14074006269952
    That's a winning team in my book .

Manapal had been teasing this on his Instagram so no surprise there, glad to see it officially confirmed though. An event tie-in was not where I expected to see Waid’s first Superman work in over a decade lol, but I’m definitely interested in that line up.

Ooh. I could go for a Waid/Manapul Justice League.

Omg Lemire on Green Lantern. Yes please.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 11-07-2020 at 10:49 PM.