Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Ewing is a solid choice.

Fraction would be dope, but I'm totally uninterested in the others.
    Ewing is more than a solid choice, IMO, he's da man right now. He has made me excited to read about the Hulk each month something I thought impossible. I'm certain Ewing could right the ship after Bendis' disastrous run. But, yeah, it ain't happening.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'll be surprised if it's not Waid to replace Bendis.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Waid is making noises like they are planning to put him on a Super-book. He was re-reading the entire Superboy run a while back. I doubt it was just for fun.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Waid is making noises like they are planning to put him on a Super-book. He was re-reading the entire Superboy run a while back. I doubt it was just for fun.
    was that the only hint, I saw he's a writing a story for one of the death metal one shots.

Overall, I really enjoyed this era of Superman comics and will be sad it's ending. Very curious what this relaunch will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeJP View Post
    This.

And I say this as someone who really wanted to like Bendis' run. I enjoyed a lot of his previous works, but this didn't do it for me except for a few moments here and there.

This x2. I went in legitimately with optimism, even though I didn't want the Rebirth era to end. I was even enjoying it it at first but it quickly went sour for me. Hallelujah at this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Venceremos View Post
    This x2. I went in legitimately with optimism, even though I didn't want the Rebirth era to end. I was even enjoying it it at first but it quickly went sour for me. Hallelujah at this news.
    Bendis run wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. He had a lot of interesting ideas, but the execution wasn't on pair, but some stuff he created have a real potential, specially teh Red Cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Pre-Crisis Adventures of Superboy? Or Conner's?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Pre-Crisis Adventures of Superboy? Or Conner's?
    Pre-Crisis. He said he was re-reading SM comics chronologically

Hmm. Yeah that definitely sounds like he's getting something.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I wonder what waid would do in the current status quo. Bring back vegetarian superman who sees auras. That explanation was really nice. Especially, for the no kill rule. It was sort of like fmab...

Astonishing Member

As far as I remember, Waid was not very happy with the idea of marrying Lois and their child. But at the same time, if he writes, he will obviously not be allowed to remove them, because Bendis has already received a ton of **** in his address for this.
    I wonder what he would have done.
    Or maybe he would write AC, so that there is no need to emphasize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Pre-Crisis. He said he was re-reading SM comics chronologically
    I imagine that'd be quite a task to undergo if true, lol

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If you ask me the kid had more personality in Supersons than Superman could hope for in the main books and Bendis run.
    ^This.

I could see someone calling Jon "generic superhero kid" in Action and even in Superman. But the boy was definitely his own person in Super Sons. And I loved it.

____

As for who I want to take over for Bendis? I'm actually not sure. I'd be okay with Tomasi coming back but I'm also just as okay with him not. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea. So...Tom Taylor maybe? He's been one of the only DC writers I can think of who's been churning out consistently good work this year. And that's all mostly been in an alternate universe XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ^This.

I could see someone calling Jon "generic superhero kid" in Action and even in Superman. But the boy was definitely his own person in Super Sons. And I loved it.
    Not really. He was just as bland. He just had been given the sacrificial lamb of Damian Wayne to come out better.

And it'll be that again, because Jon is boring as **** as a kid and need to leech off a far more interesting character, destroying Damian in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Not really. He was just as bland. He just had been given the sacrificial lamb of Damian Wayne to come out better.

And it'll be that again, because Jon is boring as **** as a kid and need to leech off a far more interesting character, destroying Damian in the process.
    At the expense of us talking in circles again....

Not really. I thought they both played really well off each other and that he was the best person Damian's been paired with since his time as Dick's Robin (though, like Damian said back in Batman Inc. Those two will always be the best). Their friendship helped show that Damian is and can be more than just angst and Daddy issues. That he's capable of letting himself become close to someone outside of the Batfamily (Granted, that should have been Maya. But I've resigned myself to the fact that Tomasi and Gleason are the only writers who care about her)
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-11-2020 at 01:56 PM.