Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    To me that sounds like the same short -sighted, trend chasing approach DiDio and company have taken. It begins with a rejection of the duh historic and one-of-a-kind traits in favor of making it some thing it isn't AND something that owes its existence to the very design they are bastardizing.

Superman does not need to mimic any other brand--he's freaking SUPERMAN. That paths leads to unfocused, Hodge podge mediocrity. Look at the comics for Wonder Woman to get an idea.
    Hugo danner,Zorro,captain marvel.

Superman doesn't copy from other./s

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I hope Jon doesn't get sidelined with whoever starts writing superman and action comic, there is an easy out to not write Jon with him in the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I hope Jon doesn't get sidelined with whoever starts writing superman and action comic, there is an easy out to not write Jon with him in the legion.
    Given that part of the Future State status quo for the Superbooks is specifically focused on “the long term impacts of Superman revealing his identity”, I’m still expecting some stuff to be undone. Jon to be deaged, or Teen Jon revealed to not be “our” Jon, the SI to go back in the bottle. It all depends on who gets the books come March (assuming that will be where we get a regular team and not more filler). It appears that Black Label isn’t dead despite BC’s claims, Tom King said on his last WB interview that he’s already signed on to make more BL projects, so Waid may end up doing more Superman stuff there instead of the mainline (suits me just fine, carry on from Birthright and let’s get some standalone Superman stories that aren’t origins).

Astonishing Member

If I remember correctly, they said that some leadings to Future State will remain in comics, despite the fact it's just possible future. Like Batman will have Magistrate. So if revealed identity is a major factor (just like Jon as a future Superman), I think they're safe. Well, I mean, nothing will be removed. Deaged Jon is possible, I think.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 11-09-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Honestly, there's only three things I can see carrying over to mainline. The Earth-11 Flash, since the multiverse is something not alien to that franchise; Titans Academy; and that new Wonder Woman, as a new Wonder Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, there's only three things I can see carrying over to mainline. The Earth-11 Flash, since the multiverse is something not alien to that franchise; Titans Academy; and that new Wonder Woman, as a new Wonder Girl.
    I feel like Earth-11 Flash would get lost amidst all the other main Speedsters who just came back.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From BC: "whatever the DC Omniverse thing is meant to kick off in March, with a big company-wide relaunch and the return of titles such as Harley Quinn. Another lead creator is meant to be taking over both Superman titles, just as Brian Bendis did. And Brian Bendis has a big event to follow as well"

Full article: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goss...nd-comic-cons/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    From BC: "whatever the DC Omniverse thing is meant to kick off in March, with a big company-wide relaunch and the return of titles such as Harley Quinn. Another lead creator is meant to be taking over both Superman titles, just as Brian Bendis did. And Brian Bendis has a big event to follow as well"

Please, let the event be Leviathan - Checkmate !

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Has to be Waid. Waid taking over both Superman titles feels like another dumb gamble though. Why can’t we have two creators on each title? Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Has to be Waid. Waid taking over both Superman titles feels like another dumb gamble though. Why can’t we have two creators on each title? Oh well.
    It's not necessarily a bad things, if the creator has a strong vision. Sure, Bendis' was sadly not loved by most, but I think he also offered some much needed consistency between the two titles that way. I guess we'll just have to say what Waid has left to say about Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's not necessarily a bad things, if the creator has a strong vision. Sure, Bendis' was sadly not loved by most, but I think he also offered some much needed consistency between the two titles that way. I guess we'll just have to say what Waid has left to say about Superman.
    I have no doubt Waid has a strong vision for the character (dude has spent a lot of time thinking about Supes and how he works). The worry is if his take doesn’t connect, there’s nowhere else to get an alternate take. Plus I really do want to see some guys like Dave Wielgosz or Brandon Thomas get one of the main books given how well they did on Man of Tomorrow.

Still I agree with Waid on enough key points in regards to how Supes should be that I’d still be excited for what he does with the character.

Damn it! even if Waid is great, half the appeal of having more than one title is having something different. Even if theres an effort to distinguish both titles, ugh.

Considering how much Waid enjoys the Clark/Superman dichotomy, I don't see his identity being open lasting much longer.

BANNED

But, now that I think about it, is Waid really going to write for DC considering he is publisher for Humanoid? Can publisher from another company work for another company?

Count me as another puzzled by the "wisdom" of again giving both books to one person. I mean, whomever it is, maybe I end up liking it or maybe I don't, but either way I'm not necessarily comfortable with a monopoly. Its guaranteed to leave some out in the cold, and I still believe a strong point of emphasis with these characters' adventures should be different flavors for different people.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El