Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    But, now that I think about it, is Waid really going to write for DC considering he is publisher for Humanoid? Can publisher from another company work for another company?
    Long as he hasn’t signed an exclusive, sure. They already let Waid write a Superman story for Death Metal, and he’s flat out said he’s been talking to DC again.

So would the dichotomy between the two books be the same as with Bendis where Action starts off better than Superman until Superman is suddenly much better than Action?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Long as he hasn’t signed an exclusive, sure. They already let Waid write a Superman story for Death Metal, and he’s flat out said he’s been talking to DC again.
    Now that's the problem. I remember in Marvel that Tom Brevoort, Alanna Smith, and Dan Slott already gave a hint that they will never give Big Guns (Hulk, Spider-Man, Thor, etc) into people without exclusive contract, because of secrecy they need to withhold. So the question is, will DC give Mark Waid a publisher from Humanoid a Superman franchise without exclusive contract? But, at the same time I heard about the lay off and outsourcing idea, though to me it just happen to second tier chara so I don't know if Superman will have outsourced talent or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Now that's the problem. I remember in Marvel that Tom Brevoort, Alanna Smith, and Dan Slott already gave a hint that they will never give Big Guns (Hulk, Spider-Man, Thor, etc) into people without exclusive contract, because of secrecy they need to withhold. So the question is, will DC give Mark Waid a publisher from Humanoid a Superman franchise without exclusive contract? But, at the same time I heard about the lay off and outsourcing idea, though to me it just happen to second tier chara so I don't know if Superman will have outsourced talent or not.
    Waid may leave Humanoids or things may have changed. One of the rumors was that DC won’t be doing big exclusive contracts anymore. Such contracts may not be a factor in who gets what anymore. Also maybe it’s not Waid, although I don’t know who they would pick then.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, there's only three things I can see carrying over to mainline. The Earth-11 Flash, since the multiverse is something not alien to that franchise; Titans Academy; and that new Wonder Woman, as a new Wonder Girl.
    Titans academy would be fun, in the vein of a Legion Academy. I wonder what’ll happen to Cassie if we get a new Wonder Girl. I’m not opposed to it, I just wish they’d develop a relationship along the lines of Bruce and his Robins, and Clark and Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Considering how much Waid enjoys the Clark/Superman dichotomy, I don't see his identity being open lasting much longer.
    If it is Waid, and he’s getting both books here’s how I see it playing out:
    Superman would be present day stories with married Superman. Maybe he’s outed and maybe he isn’t, Future State apparently is meant to explore the long term ramifications of Clark choosing to out himself, so I could see “present day” Clark becoming aware of said future and choosing to restore his SI in order to avert said future. But this would be Waid building off of Rebirth and Bendis to do present day stories. Jon would be here, we’d probably see Lex as a super criminal again given the events of Snyder’s JL and Death Metal.
    Action Comics meanwhile would be a throwback book. This would be Superman before he got married to Lois, so a young 20 something Superman that would basically act as a spiritual successor to Birthright (assuming Waid wouldn’t just outright make that canon again lol). This would be Waid telling stories with the classic status quo, hopefully also where he would revamp a lot of the Superman Rogues too.

These are my guesses for how Waid would handle this if he is indeed the guy getting the Superman books.

Astonishing Member

By the way, in the latest news about Omniverse on Bleeding Cool in the list of authors who may work on it, Waid wasn't mentioned. It may not mean anything, but it seems to me that if he took the book, they would indicate it, too important to ignore.
    Superman would be present day stories with married Superman. Maybe he’s outed and maybe he isn’t, Future State apparently is meant to explore the long term ramifications of Clark choosing to out himself, so I could see “present day” Clark becoming aware of said future and choosing to restore his SI in order to avert said future. But this would be Waid building off of Rebirth and Bendis to do present day stories. Jon would be here, we’d probably see Lex as a super criminal again given the events of Snyder’s JL and Death Metal.
    Action Comics meanwhile would be a throwback book. This would be Superman before he got married to Lois, so a young 20 something Superman that would basically act as a spiritual successor to Birthright (assuming Waid wouldn’t just outright make that canon again lol). This would be Waid telling stories with the classic status quo, hopefully also where he would revamp a lot of the Superman Rogues too.

These are my guesses for how Waid would handle this if he is indeed the guy getting the Superman books.
    Sounds perfect, by the way.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I would love it if this were the case, I've been craving for a young Superman ongoing again. And if your idea panned out, we could have both a married superman with Jon and a younger superman, the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, in the latest news about Omniverse on Bleeding Cool in the list of authors who may work on it, Waid wasn't mentioned. It may not mean anything, but it seems to me that if he took the book, they would indicate it, too important to ignore.

Sounds perfect, by the way.
    I don’t put much stock in that list. They had Bryan Hill working on it which is wrong because he’s already said he’s stepping away from comics to go work on TV/movie stuff. Also they have Spurrier listed and he’s also been saying that he hasn’t been getting much work. If DC was planning on putting him on the one shot meant to kick off their next big relaunch, he wouldn’t be saying stuff like that. Smacks of Rich just shooting in the dark instead of really knowing.

Snyder will be working on that one shot for certain, he’s said as much. Tynion and Bendis working on it make sense. The rest though? More iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Titans academy would be fun, in the vein of a Legion Academy. I wonder what’ll happen to Cassie if we get a new Wonder Girl. I’m not opposed to it, I just wish they’d develop a relationship along the lines of Bruce and his Robins, and Clark and Jon.
    Cassie could share the mantle - there's already two or more Robins (Tim and Damian), Impulses (Bart and Irey), Flashes (Jay, Barry, Wally and Avery), Blue Beetles (Ted and Jaime), Superboys (Conner and Jon), obviously there's multiple Green Lanterns, and technically Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are shared as well due to the Justice League of China.

However, the events of Young Justice #19 do seem like a good impetus for her to get a new name.

You are right though, that Diana really doesn't spend enough time with Donna or Cassie.

I don't see how Waid working for DC is any different to him working for Marvel - he's only recently off Doctor Strange.

Also, exclusive deals usually just mean don't work for the other big two publisher. Kelly Thompson has a Marvel exclusive, but that didn't stop her becoming the new Sabrina the Teenage Witch writer.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-13-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I don’t put much stock in that list. They had Bryan Hill working on it which is wrong because he’s already said he’s stepping away from comics to go work on TV/movie stuff. Also they have Spurrier listed and he’s also been saying that he hasn’t been getting much work. If DC was planning on putting him on the one shot meant to kick off their next big relaunch, he wouldn’t be saying stuff like that. Smacks of Rich just shooting in the dark instead of really knowing.

Snyder will be working on that one shot for certain, he’s said as much. Tynion and Bendis working on it make sense. The rest though? More iffy.
    Did you actually read what I wrote?

Fantastic Member

Bendis leaving the Superman and action comics in December. GOOD!!

I honestly feel like Bendis didn't do much in his run. Everything can either be ignored or retconned later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I honestly feel like Bendis didn't do much in his run. Everything can either be ignored or retconned later on.
    That's my hope. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That's my hope. *crosses fingers*
    Ok that ade me chuckled. But seriously. You think anyone but Bendis is going to us Ragol Zar or whatever his name was?