Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Ok that ade me chuckled. But seriously. You think anyone but Bendis is going to us Ragol Zar or whatever his name was?
    Just one question, who in the blue hell is Rogal Zaar?

Sorry, I couldn't resist because the character is such a non-entity/flop. I honestly completely forgot to mention him when I eviscerated Bendis' run in another thread that is how forgettable Zaar is.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-15-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Just one question, who in the blue hell is Rogal Zaar?

Sorry, I couldn't resist because the character is such a non-entity/flop. I honestly completely forgot to mention him when I eviscerated Bendis' ruin in another threat that is how forgettable Zaar is.
    Isn't he suppose to be Superman's Frieza?

Isn't he suppose to be Superman's Frieza?
    If Frieza lost his personality, charisma, calculating mind, threatening nature, and needed a facelift, along with major dental work, as well as being boring as watching paint dry, maybe. The comparison is laughable and pathetic on so many levels.

If Frieza lost his personality, charisma, calculating mind, threatening nature, and needed a facelift, along with major dental work, as well as being boring as watching paint dry, maybe. The comparison is laughable and pathetic on so many levels.
    Granted no one will use him after Bendis...The writer leaves.

Granted no one will use him after Bendis...The writer leaves.
    Can you blame them? As villains go Rogal Zaar is like asking for the latest hot video game and getting tube socks instead on Christmas morning and being expected to enjoy your "epic gift". Heck, forget Zaar, I think I just summed up Bendis' Superman run in a nutshell.

I do fell like a character like H'eldoes have potential. So does the Phantom King.

I do fell like a character like H'eldoes have potential. So does the Phantom King.
    A valid point.

Do you mean H'el rather than H'eldoes? Either way, neither was created by Bendis, so they have that going for them already....

A valid point.

Do you mean H'el rather than H'eldoes? Either way, neither was created by Bendis, so they have that going for them already....
    H'el. Sorry it was a typo.

H'el. Sorry it was a typo.
    I also really like both characters and feel they have been underutilized. As modern Superman villains go these two are two of the best: interesting backstories, understandable motivations, compelling visual designs, interesting powersets, and playoff well as dark mirrors of Clark/the Superman Family. IMO, more should definitely be done with them.

I honestly feel like Bendis didn't do much in his run. Everything can either be ignored or retconned later on.
    You can say that about literally anything though. Look what happened to New 52 Superman. Look what happened to Rebirth “Superdad”. It’s really easy to toss everything out. Superman founding the United Planets, Red Cloud & the Invisible Mafia, and Synmar (assuming Bendis nails the ending) are the only stuff that I am adamant about wanting to stick around. I don’t care if Jon gets deaged or not, if Clark’s SI becomes a secret again so be it (but that needs to be the last damn time he gets outed for a couple decades at least).
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-16-2020 at 04:26 AM.

Like I also wrote.im surprised Bendis didn't create Superman's Miles Morales.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Teen Jon (aka the One True Superman) is Superman's Miles Morales... just whiter.

Like I also wrote.im surprised Bendis didn't create Superman's Miles Morales.
    Tom Taylor beat him to it. And Morrison beat Taylor. Hell Gene Yang already created a “Miles” with Kenan (man do I miss that guy).

But Superman already has a bunch of legacy characters, whereas Spider-Man really didn’t outside his daughter and his clone (neither of which Marvel wanted to touch for obvious reasons). Supes is also not a street level character, so it’s harder to justify why multiple cosmic level characters operating together in one city don’t just wipe out crime.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You can say that about literally anything though. Look what happened to New 52 Superman. Look what happened to Rebirth “Superdad”. It’s really easy to toss everything out. Superman founding the United Planets, Red Cloud & the Invisible Mafia, and Synmar (assuming Bendis nails the ending) are the only stuff that I am adamant about wanting to stick around. I don’t care if Jon gets deaged or not, if Clark’s SI becomes a secret again so be it (but that needs to be the last damn time he gets outed for a couple decades at least).
    I feel the same about this except for the SI, I'm probably in the very minority but I'm for it being gone because it hasn't been well utilised in a very long time, especially if it's about seeing just how different the two personas are, not just in personality/traits but also in seeing the people he interacts with outside of Lois. The CK side of this identity has been given the short end of the stick and so far Bendis doing away with it has given us a peak into that world with Clark's colleagues reacting to the reveal and I have enjoyed it very much. Also I'd like the original Red Cloud design restored. I'm not feeling the hardened tendrils or whatever those long things are, she supposed to be a cloud, now her look is just hideous and random.

I don't think every franchise needs a Miles, but I guess I understand the appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I feel the same about this except for the SI, I'm probably in the very minority but I'm for it being gone because it hasn't been well utilised in a very long time, especially if it's about seeing just how different the two personas are, not just in personality/traits but also in seeing the people he interacts with outside of Lois. The CK side of this identity has been given the short end of the stick and so far Bendis doing away with it has given us a peak into that world with Clark's colleagues reacting to the reveal and I have enjoyed it very much. Also I'd like the original Red Cloud design restored. I'm not feeling the hardened tendrils or whatever those long things are, she supposed to be a cloud, now her look is just hideous and random.
    To be honest I thought Bendis did a good job with the dichotomy in his earlier issues.