Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think every franchise needs a Miles, but I guess I understand the appeal.

To be honest I thought Bendis did a good job with the dichotomy in his earlier issues.
    He made a concerted effort to show the differences and I appreciate it. If we got something like this or even better after he's gone, I'm all for it. It's not that I don't find value in the SI, I just feel it's been written blandly or not at all. Give me something to chew on and I'll be beating down doors demanding they bring the SI back.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I feel the same about this except for the SI, I'm probably in the very minority but I'm for it being gone because it hasn't been well utilised in a very long time, especially if it's about seeing just how different the two personas are, not just in personality/traits but also in seeing the people he interacts with outside of Lois. The CK side of this identity has been given the short end of the stick and so far Bendis doing away with it has given us a peak into that world with Clark's colleagues reacting to the reveal and I have enjoyed it very much. Also I'd like the original Red Cloud design restored. I'm not feeling the hardened tendrils or whatever those long things are, she supposed to be a cloud, now her look is just hideous and random.
    I would like to see Clark being outed continue too, but I’m fine if it gets undone. If Waid gets the books I’m pretty certain it will, Waid views the SI as central to how Superman works. Granted he’s also not a fan of the marriage but I don’t think he’ll be able to undo that so easily

(Has anyone ever asked Waid what he thought of New 52 Supes? Someone should if so, Waid hated Byrne Superman, but would he like what Morrison did? I’d be very curious to know).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I would like to see Clark being outed continue too, but I’m fine if it gets undone. If Waid gets the books I’m pretty certain it will, Waid views the SI as central to how Superman works. Granted he’s also not a fan of the marriage but I don’t think he’ll be able to undo that so easily

(Has anyone ever asked Waid what he thought of New 52 Supes? Someone should if so, Waid hated Byrne Superman, but would he like what Morrison did? I’d be very curious to know).
    I kind of doubt Waid has read anything New 52 related.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

I read in an interview with Waid that he has read morrison's N52 Supes and enjoyed it.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hero View Post
    I read in an interview with Waid that he has read morrison's N52 Supes and enjoyed it.
    Oh! Cool .

Arrow

So, confirmed SuperWonder return incoming.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-16-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So, confirmed SuperWonder return incoming.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Morrison's N52 Supes actually had zero SuperWonder, that was everything else.

Thanks! Guessing this was an old interview but if you happen to know where it came from I’d love to read it myself. Not surprised, Morrison is more pro-marriage than Waid, but they both have very similar visions for Superman (hence why they worked together with Millar and Peyer on the 2000 pitch). It makes me wonder what if anything Waid would use from Morrison’s days, assuming he got the book.

Seriously...where do we take the franchise from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Seriously...where do we take the franchise from here?
    That depends entirely on who takes over. If Taylor gets the book expect a return to the “glory days” of Rebirth with its mix of Byrne and Johns. Waid would probably keep a lot of the Bendis stuff but would still undo other aspects while also revamping a lot of corners of the Supermythos that need it, such as the Rogues. Future State is the most interesting the Superbooks have looked to me in a long time though.

That depends entirely on who takes over. If Taylor gets the book expect a return to the “glory days” of Rebirth with its mix of Byrne and Johns. Waid would probably keep a lot of the Bendis stuff but would still undo other aspects while also revamping a lot of corners of the Supermythos that need it, such as the Rogues. Future State is the most interesting the Superbooks have looked to me in a long time though.
    I honestly wouldn't get my hopes up with Waid and the Rogues. He can write solid villains for stories but they aren't his strong suit as a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly wouldn't get my hopes up with Waid and the Rogues. He can write solid villains for stories but they aren't his strong suit as a writer.
    Honestly just a solid story with Metallo or Parasite would be more than enough for me. I thought Waid’s Lex Luthor was very good though, and his Ultraman in Brave & the Bold was good as well. I think Waid might surprise you given his fanaticism about Superman, I expect he’d put more effort into Superman’s Rogues than he has elsewhere. But even if I’m wrong, it’s not like the other hopefuls like Taylor are any better. He can only write two villain types: cartoonishly evil and “sweet cinnamon rolls who did nothing wrong UwU” aka Harley Quinn and Deadshot in SS. Venditti does alright with villains, I really liked his Zod. Yang does alright as well although he never really got to dive deep into the classic Superman Rogues.

Hm now that I think of it, who is a good villain writer at DC? Who stands out as great?

Honestly just a solid story with Metallo or Parasite would be more than enough for me. I thought Waid’s Lex Luthor was very good though, and his Ultraman in Brave & the Bold was good as well. I think Waid might surprise you given his fanaticism about Superman, I expect he’d put more effort into Superman’s Rogues than he has elsewhere. But even if I’m wrong, it’s not like the other hopefuls like Taylor are any better. He can only write two villain types: cartoonishly evil and “sweet cinnamon rolls who did nothing wrong UwU” aka Harley Quinn and Deadshot in SS. Venditti does alright with villains, I really liked his Zod. Yang does alright as well although he never really got to dive deep into the classic Superman Rogues.

Hm now that I think of it, who is a good villain writer at DC? Who stands out as great?
    Gail Simone was really great with Secret Six.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Gail Simone was really great with Secret Six.
    I meant currently on the roster now, but yeah Simone is great.

I mean...that was Geoff Johns' whole shtick .

I like how Joshua Williamson writes villains. I think he had a good handle on The Flash Rogues.