Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Those three are my guesses too. God I wish Yang would get another shot on the main books with Action.

Of the three the only one I wouldn’t be excited for is Taylor, and that’s because I find him to just be a spiritual successor to Johns. Even when his Superman isn’t evil, I don’t find his take interesting or deep. Taylor would probably just write the main Superman books like a Batman team up anyway. He’s never shown any interest in Superman’s Rogues beyond using them to prop up Batman, he’s exactly what the franchise doesn’t need right now. Superman needs someone who will come on and revamp Metallo or Parasite and keep building up his world. That’s not Taylor, whenever he can’t rely on slaughtering C-Listers for cheap “feels” he struggles.

Waid could either be fantastic or terrible. It depends on whether he’s open to using married Superman with a kid and living Kents, all stuff that Waid has never been a fan of. But the man loves Superman and has put a ton of thought into how he and his world operates. I’d definitely give him a chance and I think he still has one last great Superman story in him at least.

Fraction is golden in my eyes after Jimmy Olsen. I’ll take any Superman stories he wants to write. I loved his worldbuilding with the Luthor and the Olsens, and he was the one who argues for the Metropolis City Council to focus their stories on Metropolis. He definitely wants to do some worldbuilding and he can do it well.
    Yeah, Taylor's main work tend to skirt by/hide from criticism on being able to hide behind "set in alternate universe" .

Re-reading Smashes the Klan last night, yeah I'd pull for Yang to get either the solo or AC.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wonder what waid would do in the current status quo. Bring back vegetarian superman who sees auras. That explanation was really nice. Especially, for the no kill rule. It was sort of like fmab...
    That was a beautiful bit. The first half of BIRTHRIGHT was strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    At the expense of us talking in circles again....

Not really. I thought they both played really well off each other and that he was the best person Damian's been paired with since his time as Dick's Robin (though, like Damian said back in Batman Inc. Those two will always be the best).
    And as I already said, I don't understand how one can proclaim to like the character of Damian and Supersons. It doesn't compute, because he is a caricature at best in Supersons.

The obvious answer is that Blue doesn't think he was a caricature. I don't like Jon at all, any age, and Damian not much more, but its not difficult for me to surmise that Blue thinks way different. He likes them and their dynamic. What's to not understand?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    And as I already said, I don't understand how one can proclaim to like the character of Damian and Supersons. It doesn't compute, because he is a caricature at best in Supersons.
    Which is an even bigger exaggeration than everyone who claims Damian is evil in his Teen Titans run (or those weird claims that Jon was abusive towards Damian). Super Sons was a fairly light hearted story with a lighter take on Damian but it's no different than other, typically serious, heroes getting involved in lighter stories on the side. It's definitely no different than Pre-Flashpoint Damian's adventures with Stephanie Brown and Superrgirl. Both of which saw him in lighter and comedic situations and showed that there are more sides to him than just the perpetually angry brat who only cares about himself and Dick. All while still managing to keep him mostly in character and feeling like...well, himself. At least I thought they did. Obviously you'd disagree. But that's alright. I like that Damian's such a complex character that fans can say what side of him that they prefer.

Like I've said before. There was a grand total of one time when I thought Super Sons Damian was written so out of character that I could have sworn it was a line by Bendis. And it was so irrelevant that I can't even remember what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The obvious answer is that Blue doesn't think he was a caricature. I don't like Jon at all, any age, and Damian not much more, but its not difficult for me to surmise that Blue thinks way different. He likes them and their dynamic. What's to not understand?
    ^^This guy gets it ^^
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-11-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That I don't see Damian at all in Supersons, just a terrible caricature of his and that I don't understand how it is humanly possible to love him this book and elsewhere. It's either you like Damian elsewhere and dislike him in Supersons, or you don't like Damian's usual characterization and like him in Supersons. It can't be both.

You can't tell me you hate meat except when it's in a burger. it doesn't make sense the same way.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I imagine that'd be quite a task to undergo if true, lol
    People have more free time during the pandemic.

That I don't see Damian at all in Supersons, just a terrible caricature of his and that I don't understand how it is humanly possible to love him this book and elsewhere. It's either you like Damian elsewhere and dislike him in Supersons, or you don't like Damian's usual characterization and like him in Supersons. It can't be both.

You can't tell me you hate meat except when it's in a burger. it doesn't make sense the same way.
    I'm in the second camp. I hate typical Damian. I see "normal" Damian as an overpowered annoying Gary Stu type.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Did I miss any talk on this costume on the Action cover?

https://www.cbr.com/brian-michael-be...perman-issues/

Maybe its just individual, one-time only creative license but that idea for the "trunks" is kinda interesting.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

There are people can like Damian in Supersons and "regular" Damian. It isn't really impossible.

Astonishing Member

Oh, come on, stop complaining about other people opinions. You think that "Damian at all in Supersons, just a terrible caricature of his", that's alright, we all have our right for our own point of view. He thinks otherwise, that's also alright. It is not necessary to tell someone what he can and cannot, it is at least rude.

Except it can be both. Whether or not it's in Super Sons, Morrison's Batman and Robin, Tomasi's Batman and Robin, or even most of his time on the Teen Titans, I love Damian as a character. The only version of Damian I don't like is in Injustice. It really doesn't have to be "one or the other". I just like what I like and don't like what I don't like. My liking a version of him that you don't like doesn't make me any less of a fan. Nor does you liking a take on him that I don't like make you less of one in my eyes. We both love that cocky little **** XD

Wait...yes it does. You can like a burger but not like chicken, pork, seafood, lamb, duck, etc. It's weird yeah. But it makes sense. They're all completely different foods. It's like how my sister typically hates every meat but chicken.

Considering the direction DC is going with him, it'd be fairer to say I used to love him, like I used to love Batman, really.

But on the bright side, in a very awful month for me, today's news highlight far more money on my bank account once the current series I follow ends and far more time to personal stuff like writing in the coming months. So, silver lining and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Oh, come on, stop complaining about other people opinions. You think that "Damian at all in Supersons, just a terrible caricature of his", that's alright, we all have our right for our own point of view. He thinks otherwise, that's also alright. It is not necessary to tell someone what he can and cannot, it is at least rude.
    Agreed, and, yeah, there is a lot of that going around these days....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Considering the direction DC is going with him, it'd be fairer to say I used to love him, like I used to love Batman, really.

But on the bright side, in a very awful month for me, today's news highlight far more money on my bank account once the current series I follow ends and far more time to personal stuff like writing in the coming months. So, silver lining and all that.
    Whelp. At the very least I can offer up my apologies. Sorry to hear that a hopeful day for me is a despairing one for you. The way you're feeling right now is exactly how I'd been feeling during Didio's mercifully short reign over DC (My issues with that go far beyond Jon and Damian. They were just the ones that hurt the most).

I know how that **** feels and it is very painful. You definitely have my sympathy. Hopefully an era comes along someday that pleases us both
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-11-2020 at 02:25 PM.