Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

[QUOTE=Vordan;5276697]While I myself have no desire to go back to the Rebirth status quo I do hope the next writer will be more widely acceptable, like Tynion after King has been. Of course having two writers on the books again would help with that...

Some of the good folks at the batmannews site may disagree on Tynion, they seem to dislike King and Tynion equally

Re: having different writers on each book, its been said before but this would be a great way to have stories on different timelines, one in continuity/one out, etc. Was Bendis the first time they'd given the same person both books?

But at this point I'd be happy with ANY sort of news from DC. They sure keep pumping out Batman related announcements, par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    While I myself have no desire to go back to the Rebirth status quo I do hope the next writer will be more widely acceptable, like Tynion after King has been. Of course having two writers on the books again would help with that...
    Some of the good folks at the batmannews site may disagree on Tynion, they seem to dislike King and Tynion equally

Re: having different writers on each book, its been said before but this would be a great way to have stories on different timelines, one in continuity/one out, etc. Was Bendis the first time they'd given the same person both books?

But at this point I'd be happy with ANY sort of news from DC. They sure keep pumping out Batman related announcements, par for the course.
    I think it was the first time, maybe someone else can say definitively whether it was or not.

Lol I know some people hate Tynion’s run but it’s nowhere near as controversial as King. Some people hate Hickman’s X-Men. You never will please 100% of the audience but I can hope for the clear majority enjoying what comes next.

Mighty Member

I think it was the first time, maybe someone else can say definitively whether it was or not.
    Byrne had both post-crisis, didn't he?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Shoot you’re right. Hah that tracks given both started their runs with a “Man of Steel” mini and then took on the main books.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Lol I know some people hate Tynion’s run but it’s nowhere near as controversial as King. Some people hate Hickman’s X-Men. You never will please 100% of the audience but I can hope for the clear majority enjoying what comes next.
    Pre-Crisis Cary Bates was writing both titles off and on.

Fantastic Member

Hopefully DC won't have one writer writing both superman's comics. That's the biggest mistake Dc made with Bendis!! Bendis turned me off right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I honestly think she should be Oracle again, and maybe run for political office. She’s a grown woman. Like the regression of Jean to Marvel Girl. It was fun, but let Babs evolve. You don’t have to cripple her again, but she’ll be just as useful as Oracle, who helps trains the next generation of Batfamily members.
    They did hint at that in Batgirl #50. She's currently the assistant to a congresswoman, and someone suggested she should run herself!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Though at this time they still had Adventures with Wolfman to balance the other two, at least for a while.

Looks like solicits are indeed dropping Friday given that’s when Tynion has said he plans to drop his newsletter “after all the news about March has dropped”. So expect to have to wait for Fri for the new team since DC has a bunch of new Batman series to announce.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The suspense over this and if Historia will be dropping in March is going to kill me before Friday

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Hopefully DC won't have one writer writing both superman's comics. That's the biggest mistake Dc made with Bendis!! Bendis turned me off right from the start.
    If it’s Waid, I could live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They did hint at that in Batgirl #50. She's currently the assistant to a congresswoman, and someone suggested she should run herself!
    Yessssssssss. I still haven’t reached Joker War in my read through.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like solicits are indeed dropping Friday given that’s when Tynion has said he plans to drop his newsletter “after all the news about March has dropped”. So expect to have to wait for Fri for the new team since DC has a bunch of new Batman series to announce.
    Could tomorrow or Thursday also

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Though at this time they still had Adventures with Wolfman to balance the other two, at least for a while.
    I think Byrne eventually took over Adventures too.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Could tomorrow or Thursday also
    Nice to see one of us remain upbeat lol. Maybe we will get an announcement before Friday.