Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Did I miss any talk on this costume on the Action cover?

https://www.cbr.com/brian-michael-be...perman-issues/

Maybe its just individual, one-time only creative license but that idea for the "trunks" is kinda interesting.
    It’s just Granpa’s take, he did a Hal Jordan alternate costume as well that I liked. I’m a fan of the trunks actually being “trunks” and not underwear, like they are there and in New Frontier.

Ahh, okay. That's what I figured but still, I think its kinda a cool idea.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This is not bad at all.I was going for a powerlifters gear similar to this design.i would also keep the red a bit more lower than that in the thigh area like this.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-12-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Thank Rao, it's over. It's finally over. Hopefully, this will allow kid Jon Kent back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    THANK GOD! One of the worst Superman runs ever! But I'm already feeling sorry for the poor sod with the ungrateful task of cleaning up the mess he's going to leave behind.
    Personally, I'd be okay with a Dallas-style Clark and Lois waking up to find 10-year-old Jon there and everything in Bendis's run was just a terrible dream.

As for whose next, I'd be good with either Waid or Taylor. Or both. Both would be good.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I haven't hated Bendis' run but there is one thing that's bothered me about his writing. The way he writes dialogue sometimes is confusing. Characters will say things that don't seem to fit the context and leave me wondering "why did they say that? What am I missing?" If I had a comic handy I would point out a specific example, but I feel like it's an every issue thing for me.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Hopefully Jon Kent stays a young adult. Ship him off to his own book and carry on.

If Bendis couldn't make him compelling, I doubt whoever is next will. Bendis' run was quality, and strong- even if I wasn't really "there" for it (superhero comics en masse are hit or miss with me).

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

So this was briefly touched upon by another poster, but Mark Waid is coming back to DC in December:

https://www.gamesradar.com/mark-waid...c-in-december/

Maybe coincidental, maybe not. I just wonder what stories Waid will have to tell now that he may finally be getting his chance at his favorite character after so many years.

As far as Bendis, that's a tough one for me. Lots of great ideas and some good moments. But once 5G was announced and it was clear he was gearing up for Jon to replace Clark as Superman I lost all interest. I also HATED the reveal. The best part of this news is that it most likely squashes any notion of Jon replacing Clark and hopefully finds a way to reset the ID reveal.

But I'm also disappointed because it's another very short run with a lot of things thrown at the wall but ultimately leading nowhere. I just want a Johns-on-GL or Waid-on-Flash type run with Superman. I feel I haven't had that in almost 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

This is not bad at all.I was going for a powerlifters gear similar to this design.i would also keep the red a bit more lower than that in the thigh area like this.
    As someone who always thought Supes looked better without the trunks....I actually really like that.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Hopefully Jon Kent stays a young adult. Ship him off to his own book and carry on.

If Bendis couldn't make him compelling, I doubt whoever is next will. Bendis' run was quality, and strong- even if I wasn't really "there" for it (superhero comics en masse are hit or miss with me).
    Bendis's jon sucked. He had no personality. Snyder, tomasi, Morrison.. Etc have all wrote decent to great jon. Especially, if jorge jimenez is in on the creative aspects. Heck! Taylor atleast did that supersons bit which was generally funny and the kid jumping into fight of superman was awesome.Moreover, jon does Superdickery better than his father.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    So this was briefly touched upon by another poster, but Mark Waid is coming back to DC in December:

https://www.gamesradar.com/mark-waid...c-in-december/

Maybe coincidental, maybe not. I just wonder what stories Waid will have to tell now that he may finally be getting his chance at his favorite character after so many years.

As far as Bendis, that's a tough one for me. Lots of great ideas and some good moments. But once 5G was announced and it was clear he was gearing up for Jon to replace Clark as Superman I lost all interest. I also HATED the reveal. The best part of this news is that it most likely squashes any notion of Jon replacing Clark and hopefully finds a way to reset the ID reveal.

But I'm also disappointed because it's another very short run with a lot of things thrown at the wall but ultimately leading nowhere. I just want a Johns-on-GL or Waid-on-Flash type run with Superman. I feel I haven't had that in almost 30 years.
    Didio and Berganza are both gone, so hopefully we can get a consistent team on Superman for a while. That said multiple year long runs on characters are rare these days, and Bendis will have written over 50 issues combined of Superman with his Superman and Action runs, so I don’t think that’s a bad number at all. I really hope we get some A-List talent on the books if they’re going to be on for a while.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I also wonder if Bendis will leave DC entirely or if he'll stick around to do something else. I don't know how long his contract was for but given the current situation at DC they may just cut him loose, especially since he hasn't exactly been the draw I'm sure they were expecting.
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 09-11-2020 at 03:16 PM.

I still wouldn't be surprised if he gets to do his Jon-as-Superman thing, just elsewhere in that rumored new imprint, either out-of-continuity entirely or constructed in such a way that it doesn't conflict with the main Superman titles.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I also wonder if Bendis will leave DC entirely or if he'll stick around to do something else. I don't know how long his contract was for but given the current situation at DC they may just cut him loose, especially since he hasn't exactly been the draw I'm sure they were expecting.
    I'm not sure his contract is even still valid with the new management. It was drawn up before the AT&T deal. And I doubt that he brought in the kind of numbers they were hoping he would.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It doesn't appear he is leaving Legion (unfortunately) so maybe his Jon will just be a regular there and occasionally show up elsewhere.

Naomi was a hit, so we will probably see a season two, and it would be smart of DC to put Bendis on a street level hero, give him Green Arrow and Black Canary or The Question, I would read it.