Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Somebody needs to go back and reread my rant about Jon, at no time did I say he screwed kon over by Jons push.

BUT Imo he was the reason why he was not brought back sooner, and wiped from history potentially,bendis wrote both characters and couldnhave wrote kon as himself, but instead we got 1 dimensional guy who likes to hug his friends, when he could be cool as hell, and badass,and if there was no kon kon would get a bigger piece of the SUPER pie potentially.

Either way I'm ok, suicide squad will be better for his character than leading the SUPER books.
    Heard good things about Robbie Thompson so yes I think you’ll enjoy whatever is going to do with Kon in Suicide Squad.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I don't have a problem with Jon himself, he walks, talk, and acts just like the heir apparent should in my head. What I have a problem with is DC shoving him down our throats, over Clark, over Conner, just to push him. Conner derrves better than to get vanilla-I zed(which he is now) or pushed to the back of the bus for him.

Well I loved kesel kon,but most things I want from a future interpretation of kon is from geoffs, the YJ show, the Titans show, and the new 52 all wrapped up in a pretty bow.

How would you make Conner if you could?
    I could continue with goldenage-esque tshirt and jeans model johns tried.Or
    First off,i will do wardrobe and attitude change for conner.Conner needs to be a grown man,now.Anything suave and sophisticated.I will expand on the celebrity hero city guy aspect. i would expand on telekensis and maybe add couple of other power.I am not a fan of flying bricks.Conner would have stylish power that feels engaging and looks good.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-18-2020 at 01:07 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There were two: The clone and Jon Lane-Kent from the future. Both kinda sucked to be honest. Both died, New 52 Jon died at the end of his series I believe, right before Rebirth.
    The aspect of Jon Lane-Kent is so confusing.

After Superman Reborn event, it seems the timeline changes make that New52 Superboy never existed. That's why he is never mentioned even when Conner appear.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Does that JL roster seem odd to anyone else? Not in the sense that it's a bad line up by any stretch of the imagination, but rather it's the fact that Bruce, Clark, and even Arthur to an extent look kind of out of place.

If the speculation that Jon is indeed taking over duties as Superman in the Superman book in a years time while Clark is off in space with Action, then one would assume he'd also join the JL too.

Future State does say that Clark leaving Earth is actually a relatively near future thing, and the very same goes for Bruce's "death". And in Arthurs case, you could just say he's pulling back to be with his family. Naomi being on the team takes off any sort of "ya gotta be 21 to join" cap (if there ever was one), so in about a year's time (real world) I could see the JL roster being what we have, but with the addition of Jon, Tim (Fox), and maybe Jackson

That'd play up the "we're what's up next vibe" multi generational deal, and add a layer of internal crossgnerational conflict and room for understanding that Bendis enjoys playing with. Because as of right now Naomi is conspicuously alone repping the new age, and that seems decidedly odd given how big a deal they're making over playing with Future State ideas in the present.

_________

I can see PKJ handing off the Superman book (with a new #1) to the Future State writer a year down the line once he's set up everything for Jon as 17 or 18 year old Superman, and then focusing on space Clark adventures with Action's legacy numbering.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Does that JL roster seem odd to anyone else? Not in the sense that it's a bad line up by any stretch of the imagination, but rather it's the fact that Bruce, Clark, and even Arthur to an extent look kind of out of place.

If the speculation that Jon is indeed taking over duties as Superman in the Superman book in a years time while Clark is off in space with Action, then one would assume he'd also join the JL too.

Future State does say that Clark leaving Earth is actually a relatively near future thing, and the very same goes for Bruce's "death". And in Arthurs case, you could just say he's pulling back to be with his family. Naomi being on the team takes off any sort of "ya gotta be 21 to join" cap (if there ever was one), so in about a year's time (real world) I could see the JL roster being what we have, but with the addition of Jon, Tim (Fox), and maybe Jackson

That'd play up the "we're what's up next vibe" multi generational deal, and add a layer of internal crossgnerational conflict and room for understanding that Bendis enjoys playing with. Because as of right now Naomi is conspicuously alone repping the new age, and that seems decidedly odd given how big a deal they're making over playing with Future State ideas in the present.

_________

I can see PKJ handing off the Superman book (with a new #1) to the Future State writer a year down the line once he's set up everything for Jon as 17 or 18 year old Superman, and then focusing on space Clark adventures with Action's legacy numbering.
    I kind of think Bruce, Clark and Arthur are the sales magnets. Think of SFIII (because you play, if I recall correctly), they needed Ryu and Ken so people would feel comfortable with it as a Street Fighter and to bring the casuals to recognize it (with Arthur being Chun in Third Strike). Batman and Superman are arguably their biggest guns and Aquaman broke a billion... They're also all father figures? I dunno. I think they're there to provide insurance on sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I kind of think Bruce, Clark and Arthur are the sales magnets. Think of SFIII (because you play, if I recall correctly), they needed Ryu and Ken so people would feel comfortable with it as a Street Fighter and to bring the casuals to recognize it (with Arthur being Chun in Third Strike). Batman and Superman are arguably their biggest guns and Aquaman broke a billion... They're also all father figures? I dunno. I think they're there to provide insurance on sales.
    I agree...insofar as that's what they're starting with for safety sake. They're training wheels that will come off in a year.

But looking over the new solicitations, Williamson's interview on Infinite Frontier #0, the mentioning that the Mongul storyline that takes Clark away from Earth in Future State is showing up now, Mongul showing up on "Infinite Hope" cover, Jon featuring alongside his dad for the Infinite Frontier story by PKJ, and the pervious possible hints along with Jon and Tim showing pretty prominently on the cover for Infinite Frontier #0 has me thinking it's more possible than not.

At the very least I'd say Jon, Tim, and Yara seem likely to replace Clark, Bruce, and Wonder Mom in a year. With Diana going over to the god sphere and effectively out of the everyday goings on of the DCU (yet still retaining a book), that would effectively make the forthcoming Wonder Girl book with Yara the defacto Earth based Wonder Woman book set in the present, right? Diana's situation reads almost like what Clark and Bruce will eventually move to in due time where they have a book to themselves, but it's removed from the everyday stuff of the DCU (in one way or another) and the new gen hero has the other book. For Clark, he'll be in space. For Bruce, he'll have faked his death.

That's what it all really, really reads like, I feel.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-18-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Tim drake as batman?That's a bad choice if you ask me.

Fox. Tim Fox is Batman. He's the brother of Luke Fox aka Batwing. He's already shown up in Tynion's Batman recently, and he's featured prominently on the "Infinite Mystery" cover with the Bat family.

Fox. Tim Fox is Batman. He's the brother of Luke Fox aka Batwing. He's already shown up in Tynion's Batman recently, and he's featured prominently on the "Infinite Mystery" cover with the Bat family.
    oh!that tim.I thought you meant tim drake.I mean, no offense but he is sometimes feels like a pointless robin.So,the character being batman would be out of nowhere.

I agree...insofar as that's what they're starting with for safety sake. They're training wheels that will come off in a year.

But looking over the new solicitations, Williamson's interview on Infinite Frontier #0, the mentioning that the Mongul storyline that takes Clark away from Earth in Future State is showing up now, Mongul showing up on "Infinite Hope" cover, Jon featuring alongside his dad for the Infinite Frontier story by PKJ, and the pervious possible hints along with Jon and Tim showing pretty prominently on the cover for Infinite Frontier #0 has me thinking it's more possible than not.

At the very least I'd say Jon, Tim, and Yara seem likely to replace Clark, Bruce, and Wonder Mom in a year. With Diana going over to the god sphere and effectively out of the everyday goings on of the DCU (yet still retaining a book), that would effectively make the forthcoming Wonder Girl book with Yara the defacto Earth based Wonder Woman book set in the present, right? Diana's situation reads almost like what Clark and Bruce will eventually move to in due time where they have a book to themselves, but it's removed from the everyday stuff of the DCU (in one way or another) and the new gen hero has the other book. For Clark, he'll be in space. For Bruce, he'll have faked his death.

I’m skeptical because it feels crazy to me that after scrapping Didio’s 5G plans they’d basically end up trying them again, but they did reveal Superman’s identity twice in one decade so who knows? Bruce isn’t going anywhere, he’s the cash cow, he’s got a movie on the way. Diana’s treatment sadly feels perfectly on-brand for DC, shuffling her off to the side right as her movie is about to come out. But permanently sidelining Clark & Bruce? I just have a hard time believing it considering the State DC is in.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I had similar thoughts, but I think the long game allows them to back out if reception is poor... And frankly, though I love cosmic Superman, I don't want him away from Metropolis for that long-- especially not from his wife. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m skeptical because it feels crazy to me that after scrapping Didio’s 5G plans they’d basically end up trying them again, but they did reveal Superman’s identity twice in one decade so who knows? Bruce isn’t going anywhere, he’s the cash cow, he’s got a movie on the way. Diana’s treatment sadly feels perfectly on-brand for DC, shuffling her off to the side right as her movie is about to come out. But permanently sidelining Clark & Bruce? I just have a hard time believing it considering the State DC is in.
    Bruce wouldn't be "going anywhere" though. Same for Clark (and Diana). They'd have books, wear some version of their suits, and punch some version of a bad guy.....just not on the "main stage". Plus, they'd all three still have their alternate books like Red & Blue, Black & White, Urban Legends, and Sensational. That's not even mentioning Black Label stuff that we know is coming or already here using them.

I'd even wager Red & Blue and Sensational were made *specifically* to soften the blow for rage ready turbo nerds. They now get to go "HA! Jon may have Superman, but Red & Blue is fine AAAAARRRTTTT!"

I think it's all more possible than people might think. I feel like 5G was just a more wholesale and aggressive version of this with little to no olive branch or slow rollout, and a likely timeskip that would make even the idea of the older heroes coming back harder to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I had similar thoughts, but I think the long game allows them to back out if reception is poor
    I think that's it exactly. The very idea that they set this all up without the addition of the added time that would've aged the whole DCU in a no-going-back sort allows them to pacify nerds in their natural "pft, this won't last a year" arms crossed stance.

Literally just dawned on me that Sean Lewis (dude who is writing Future State Jon) is actually getting the Jimmy Olsen back up in Superman.

He's totally going to be writing Superman #1 staring Jon Kent in like a year after the status quo change by PKJ.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ha, well that sounds cynical.

I don't think DC will be what it was and maybe Jon will take an even bigger role somehow. It's crazy that they're finally getting *less* conservative in correlation to a tighter line. As long as there a Clark or they figure out how to make Jon more interesting than they have in even strong titles like Super Sons...
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES