Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean you guys did basically yell at him about it for two years. lol

It seems like a fair joke considering the fan base has been playing that tune for the entire time. I like both versions of Jon, though I prefer him a kid. That said, open season. You guys can dish but can't take a good-natured jab? Alright man.
    For me it just seems like low-hanging fruit that misses the points people were complaining about, but I've seen worse (cough)Ulik(cough).

It seems like a fair joke considering the fan base has been playing that tune for the entire time. I like both versions of Jon, though I prefer him a kid. That said, open season. You guys can dish but can't take a good-natured jab? Alright man.
    It's completely backwards for me. I really wanted to see Jon developed separately from Damian (a reason I'm not satisfied with new Super Sons). I mean I liked some of Super Sons, don't get me wrong. But I wanted to see kid Jon with schools friends, and Kathy and his parents and not be defined by Damian. Growing him up just meant the character I liked (because teen Jon is really different and not organically, given the identical-to-timeskip method) would never get the opportunity to be explored in the way I wanted.

Plus, I have several other complaints about Bendis' Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It's completely backwards for me. I really wanted to see Jon developed separately from Damian (a reason I'm not satisfied with new Super Sons). I mean I liked some of Super Sons, don't get me wrong. But I wanted to see kid Jon with schools friends, and Kathy and his parents and not be defined by Damian. Growing him up just meant the character I liked (because teen Jon is really different and not organically, given the identical-to-timeskip method) would never get the opportunity to be explored in the way I wanted.

Plus, I have several other complaints about Bendis' Superman.
    Pretty much this. It was never just about Super Sons. There's a big chunk of Jon's growth and characterization that we'll now never get to see. It was one of the things I was looking forward to the most with a character like Jon.

True, but on the other end of the coin, as annoying fan complaining gets, when you're in the position of a writer, you can be a pro about it. I don't see the point in parting shots like that. If you're invested in something and it goes away or is changed, you're gonna be upset as a fan. As a pro why not just accept that and not twist the knife? A writer in that position of authority should be trying to foster inclusion instead of thumbing your nose that those upset with the changes, even if its a futile effort. Just seems more professional to me. Fans can and do go over the top with it. We all have. But neither do fans have that responsibility of actually fostering the mythos on them either. In that vein fans can always afford to be a little more petty, again despite understanding how that droning can get irritating.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I mean you guys did basically yell at him about it for two years. lol...
    I'll stop when his atrocious changes have been retconned placed into the dustbin of history where they belong, which should be in a couple of more years by my reckoning (assuming DC Comics is still around as an imprint).
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-22-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    This is funny as hell. If I was one of the people who hated his changes I would be mad, so I get why it pisses you guys off, but it’s still funny

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This is funny as hell. If I was one of the people who hated his changes I would be mad, so I get why it pisses you guys off, but it’s still funny
    I thought this was pretty funny as well. Sort of a self deprecating type humor along the lines of "if you can't laugh at yourself..."

I didn't find it funny if only because it feels like the joke misses the point, but I admit I'm biased for the side being called out...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah!that's what we did.Just like Clark kent is a lazy government stooge,with no morality of his own.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-22-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't find it funny if only because it feels like the joke misses the point, but I admit I'm biased for the side being called out...
    Hey if Tom Taylor threw in a jab at all the people who don’t like Injustice (meaning me) I’d probably be salty too, so I get it.

Hey if Tom Taylor threw in a jab at all the people who don’t like Injustice (meaning me) I’d probably be salty too, so I get it.
    Gasp! Could it be? Someone else who doesn't like the Injustice Universe? (Even if Taylor made it a lot more....tolerable than Netherrealm Studios did)

If I produced flaming garbage for 2 years and was called out for it I'd talk my shit on the way out too so it's cute let him get his digs in doesn’t change the fact his run is trash and come a year & 1/2 will be lost to time and forgotten while he flops on another title until DC gives him the boot *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Gasp! Could it be? Someone else who doesn't like the Injustice Universe? (Even if Taylor made it a lot more....tolerable than Netherrealm Studios did)

Hah you’re in likeminded company here I think. Most of the regulars here aren’t as enamored of that series (or Taylor in general) as the mainstream. No surprise considering what it’s about lol.

See, I actually really like Tom Taylor. I just hate the Injustice story lol

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

For what it's worth, the Superman board regulars don't like Injustice. Personally I've yet to read a Tom Taylor DC project I enjoyed. Haven't touched his Suicide Squad because I disliked everything else, though I've heard it's great. His Nightwing is the third chance I'm giving him.