Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Interesting, but he's already teased more DC projects and more jinxworld books coming out this year.
    I thought the only other project had coming was Checkmate, and maybe Naomi 2? Naomi was waiting for Far Sector to finish, and Checkmate was delayed by the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what this means for Bendis' tenure at DC...
    I do wonder if he won't last long on JL, as he was probably put on the book when he was still exclusive. Will he end up doing Marvel books again? Maybe Fantastic Four, which is the biggest Marvel franchise he hasn't already done? Champions would also suit him as it features Miles Morales and Ironheart, two characters he created.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-26-2021 at 06:36 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Would Marvel even want him back? They were pretty icy when announcing he was leaving, he doesn't get the numbers he used to even before he left, and they're way more into diversity now, so his role as "big-name writer into diversity" has been filled.

If you go off the article Marvel was already starting to view him as a creator on the decline. If he were to return he wouldn’t get the previous deal he got, which is why I expect him to stick with DC for now. At the very least he’s not leaving DC before he does a big Batman project with Marquez and Maleev.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Brian Bendis No Longer Exclusive At DC Comics: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/bria...-at-dc-comics/
    I'd like to think this is because his Superman run was an underselling run and caused unnecessary division amongst the fanbase for all the changes and decisions Bendis made in his run. Hence resulting in DC downgrading the lucrative exclusive contract Didio used to sign Bendis up. But I suspect DC dropping Bendis' exclusive contract is in part due to AT&T's layoffs of DC staff as well as Bendis not being nearly as popular as he used to be. For some reason, as other posters have already commented, DC don't seem to be doing exclusive contracts anymore. Manapul and Fabok no longer have their exclusive contracts and although Jorge Jiminez hasn't said anything, he may not be exclusive in the future once he's done on his Batman run with Tynion. I wish this meant the end of his career at DC but I suspect that will come after another couple volumes of Naomi and a run on Batman as that's the only other major franchise Bendis would probably like to work on.

Romita Jr has been dropped as well - it's just been announced he's back at Marvel.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Romita Jr has been dropped as well - it's just been announced he's back at Marvel.
    Sounds like good news to me

Good. I like the way Romita Jr. draws people getting the hell beat out of them, but otherwise I didn’t think he was very good at all. Got really tired of him repeatedly returning to the Superbooks, wish Bendis had put Marquez on his last arc of Action instead.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I've said for a while I think he can still produce some good stuff as long as its not a monthly schedule and I still believe that. But even then, his style has never been an absolute favorite anyway. Its an acquired taste, and I appreciate the style, but its not just not something I'm absolutely up in arms about losing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I've said for a while I think he can still produce some good stuff as long as its not a monthly schedule and I still believe that. But even then, his style has never been an absolute favorite anyway. Its an acquired taste, and I appreciate the style, but its not just not something I'm absolutely up in arms about losing.
    Yeah I think his work on Year One was not bad at all, pretty good even. But the monthly stuff was just blockiness galore and all the characters looked pretty much the same. For me it got to the point where it was the visual equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. Maybe he just wasn't suited for Superman...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I mean he's not dropped if he says he's already on a marvel project...

Good for him. It's been like seven years and for what it's worth, Year One and Batman were both well done.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I meant dropped by DC - which is obviously why he made Marvel aware he was available.

Looks like some of the characters Bendis created in the Superman books will be showing up in JL. Sounds like he specifically created some of them with the intent on eventually using them for JL anyway.

https://www.gamesradar.com/justice-l...ths-for-naomi/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Looks like some of the characters Bendis created in the Superman books will be showing up in JL. Sounds like he specifically created some of them with the intent on eventually using them for JL anyway.

https://www.gamesradar.com/justice-l...ths-for-naomi/
    Synmar feels like an obvious choice. Perhaps that alternate Parasite as well. Heh if we’re going Multiversial I wouldn’t be surprised if Leone reappeared too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Xanadoth seemed cool in concept but ended up a bit forgettable. I did like Synmar though. Odds on an appearance from his pet creation, Rogol Zaar?

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Xanadoth seemed cool in concept but ended up a bit forgettable. I did like Synmar though. Odds on an appearance from his pet creation, Rogol Zaar?
    Not impossible. Honestly if he wants to give Rogal to the League I’m all for it. The League needs more villains that are specific to them beyond Darkseid and I wouldn’t really care if Rogal got elevated to a League threat. He did almost blow up the planet so he can absolutely punch at that level.