Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Endless Winter?

Is this related to Cold freezing out Central City, I wonder.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

So... this is a pretty nothing month for me, since I'm not really into Snyder's crossover nonsense. So I'm mostly just gonna wait it out til that obvious relaunch in January and grab trades instead.

Definitely:
    DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL: THE SECRET ORIGIN #1
    DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL: THE LAST STORIES OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1 - This will probably be like Futures End and let creators do kinda-epilogues, and I'm curious what people come up with, especially once Death Metal ends and pseudo-boots/unboots/half-boots things, meaning it;'ll probably have like no consequences... unless the opposite happens and they do have consequences and are proper epilogues. Either way, I'm interested.
    DEATH METAL: THE LAST 52: WAR OF THE MULTIVERSES #1 - That is a terrible name. Like, it's almost a parody. All they're missing is the "Dark Nights" (for length, obviously), "Trinity" and "Crisis".
    THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #10

HAWKMAN VOL. 4: HAWKS ETERNAL TP - This run was better than it had any right to be. Not great on a re-read, but it was a good ride while it was going. Also, I love that Hawkwoman's mace has the spikes -- to establish who's more likely to murderize something. And who wears the... spikes in the relationship.
    JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA: THE DEMISE OF JUSTICE HC
    SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF STEEL VOL. 2 HC

Maybe:
    BATMAN/CATWOMAN #1 - King's run turned into a mess, but this has me very curious, if only because the flash forward stories were good in his run... mostly.
    GENERATIONS SHATTERED #1
    DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL #7 - If this does end up being worth it in the end.
    CATWOMAN #28 - Dig the cover, and hey, if the blue-haired chick is Asian, yay! Asian supporting character who doesn't look like The Asian One.
    NIGHTWING #77 - I mean, there's no more Ric Grayson... but this still feels like a holding pattern until whatever big thing comes up in January. It doesn't help that they put Jurgens on it -- I like Jurgens, but he is kinda DC's go-to for just getting inoffensive stuff out for the sake of it.
    RED HOOD #52 - If the first issue is good. I mean, I would've preferred they restart the series entirely to get the stink of Lobdell of it, but whatever. I'm guessing his "friend" will be his new love interest... I mean, can't be worse than Random Flight Attendant Chick.

BATMAN: THE CHALICE TP - They had me at Dixon and lost me at Van Fleet. I'm re-reading Morrison's run and still can't get through that Joker story they did.
    BATMAN: THE JOKER WAR HC - I really need to catch up on Tynion's run, but... ugh. It's such a slog! hoping it picks up so I can at least get up to Joker War. Also... there's a "The"?
    BIRDS OF PREY: BLOOD AND CIRCUITS TP
    GREEN LANTERN: CIRCLE OF FIRE TP - Usually Kyle Rayner being Green Lantern Jesus is a joke... but, still want it because Kyle trade.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL BOOK TWO: AROUND THE WORLD TP
    LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: BEFORE THE DARKNESS VOL. 1 TP
    SUPERMAN BY GRANT MORRISON OMNIBUS HC
    SUPERMAN: THE LAST SON DELUXE EDITION HC
    SWAMP THING: THE BRONZE AGE VOL. 3 TP
    TITANS: BURNING RAGE TP - All I know about this is that the Robin is weirdly Tim of all people, but I'm up for stories with the team written with modern writing sensibilities.
    WONDER WOMAN BOOK TWO: ARES RISING TP
    WONDER WOMAN BY GEORGE PéREZ VOL. 5 TP
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

Endless Winter feels so... random. I get it's probably just passing time, but... huh. Better than a random story about Barry's ring at least.

Wow, Aquaman's kid grew up fast

JL: Endless Winter #2's variant... I just love Barry and Clark's faces xD

That Dark Multiverse: CoIE cover... my heart

I wouldn't put it past DC to spawn a new Dark Multiverse from the Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights: Metal one-shot. Ugh.

Is Clownhunter honestly even popular? Or is he like a Punchline where speculators artificially made it a thing and DC is just going along with it?

The Sweet Tooth cover, aside from the antlers, straight up looks like a Batman/Punisher Amalgam comic.

I don't think Bendis' Superman run is properly ending -- the wording makes me think it's just those exact creative teams, so more likely new art teams are coming on -- but if it is... thank you! Give it to Williamson or something! Or get Tomasi back if you can!

Also, God, that variant for Action Comics is bad. Just... give him underwear! It straight-up looks like he's going out of his way to leave his crotch unprotected, like this weird inverse of Supergirl's New 52 suit! Not that JRJR's cover is much better.

The Batman/Superman variant cover is hilarious. Superman looks so mildly annoyed at Batman's edgelording.

Did they really have to rename the Batgirl by Gail Simone omnibus to Batgirl Returns? It seems so... arbitrary.

That Crisis on Multiple Earths cover is adorable. I love how tenderly Superman is holding Batman's hand xD

They call it "The Art of Lee Bermejo"... but it won't include the Bat-Dick smh my head.

That Adam Hughes Stan Lee cover is kinda dope. I already have the omnibus, so I won't grab it, but that's nice.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Is Clownhunter honestly even popular? Or is he like a Punchline where speculators artificially made it a thing and DC is just going along with it?
    Unfortunately, DC is going to do this trend introducing new character like the Punchline by putting him everwhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    Endless Winter?

Is this related to Cold freezing out Central City, I wonder.
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/dc-c...0/dc-connect-5

There is an article on the story. The antagonist is new and called the Frost King. Well, he is apparently ancient but has been locked away, I am sure you will see it being mentioned on other sites now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    I don't think Bendis' Superman run is properly ending -- the wording makes me think it's just those exact creative teams, so more likely new art teams are coming on -- but if it is... thank you! Give it to Williamson or something! Or get Tomasi back if you can!

Did they really have to rename the Batgirl by Gail Simone omnibus to Batgirl Returns? It seems so... arbitrary.
    Bendis has confirmed he's off the Superman books, he said he's doing something big enough that he had to clear the decks - which surely has to be Justice League, right?

As for Batgirl, the storyline is that she's newly back in action after getting the spinal implant, so the title Batgirl Returns is appropriate. The New 52 reboot never fully erased her getting paralysed or being Oracle, there was just no replacement Batgirl until she came back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bat/Cat #1
    Batman #104 & 105, Annual #5
    Detective Comics #1032 & 33
    Nightwing #77
    Red Hood #52

I'll collect all the Death Metal stuff in trade or hardcover or something

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis has confirmed he's off the Superman books, he said he's doing something big enough that he had to clear the decks - which surely has to be Justice League, right?
    I am now cautiously optimistic. But DC has burned me too many times in the last few years, so it is VERY cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As for Batgirl, the storyline is that she's newly back in action after getting the spinal implant, so the title Batgirl Returns is appropriate. The New 52 reboot never fully erased her getting paralysed or being Oracle, there was just no replacement Batgirl until she came back.
    I remember her being surprised that she was good with computers, which seemed to imply her time Oracle was retconned away. I think that's part of why people made a big deal of it being back for Rebirth.

I get all what the title is referring to, but it's still... unnecessary, especially given what "Returns" is associated with when it comes to Batman -- it doesn't help that it makes it sound like a sequel to something.

Regular pulls: