Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, pretty much Morrison/Sharp The Green Lantern by this point for me.
    Same. Without Hawkman and John Constantine: Hellblazer, The Green Lantern is the only thing that interst me.

Getting: Superman endless winter special(non-Bendis Superman), Generations shattered.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Random Thoughts...

*With all the delays and the way everything went down, I can't help but wonder if what we're getting in the Bat/Cat series is actually what we would have gotten had King been able to wrap up his run in Batman #86-104...?

*I'm actually excited for "Endless Winter"! I prefer an old-fashioned crossover with actual chapters as opposed to the sprawling events with a mini and 347 tie-ins.

*I guess #65 wasn't the final issue of Aquaman after all. Any word on who's taking over?

*I love that "Joker War" hasn't even ended yet, but they're telling us Clownhunter is the 'breakout star'. /eyeroll

*While I've really enjoyed Bendis' Superman run overall, I'm willing to let him go if it means he's taking JRJr with him.

*Nice to see the next volume in Simone's BoP, even though the page count and issue numbers don't line up. Still wish they'd go back and finish Dixon's run though...

*While they're low-risk of being orphaned, still glad to see the Caped Crusader and Dark Knight Detective series of trades continue!

*I want to pick up the GL: Circle of Fire book, but again, this is DC so there's no guarantee we'll see the next book...

*On that note, excited for Byrne's Man of Steel Vol. 2! Two more should complete his run if I'm not mistaken?

*Extra excited to see William Messner-Loebs' Wonder Woman completed! Hope that Ares cover isn't the final one though - Bolland did so many others that would be better.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Same. Without Hawkman and John Constantine: Hellblazer, The Green Lantern is the only thing that interst me.
    That it's largely free of all the crossovers is a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Random Thoughts...

*Extra excited to see William Messner-Loebs' Wonder Woman completed! Hope that Ares cover isn't the final one though - Bolland did so many others that would be better.
    Cover up the snarling mouth on Ares and it's better.

What's up with Comics Continuum?

Can't imagine spending a dime on these events btw
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I find it nice an event beginning and ending in one month (Endless Winter).
    Generations Shattered also seems interesting.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So that's how they're gonna do an event right before the rumored relaunch. Have it done in a month.

First I love those Gary Frank DM tie in covers. Especially the JLI one although it is weird Wally West isn't included (as he was an important JLI/JLE member) and Dream is?

I'll check out that Johns/Snyder JSA DM tie in.

I am more excited for January. And honestly I haven't been excited about anything DC in MANY years. Looks like a tweaked return to Pre Flashpoint history. Hell, those Frank covers alone look more like the DCU I love. Fingers crossed!

Oh and we knew Waid was returning to DC but seeing his name in a solicitation is great! Hope he writes Superman and maybe Flash. Love to see his take on a Barry Allen Flash book.

Extraordinary Member

People saying Relaunch but the only thing we are getting is something similar to the aftermath of Death Metal, which was No Justice and the Dark Matter/New Age of Heroes line. We will probably see some on-goings get a change in direction but nothing line wide. Other than Batman Beyond no more books are finished. Aquaman and Flash (et al) are continuing, otherwise they would have ended and had one-shots.

Do we know where Bendis is going? There are a lot of openings, and available writers,
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    You know what Death Metal is lacking? One-Shots. It could really use a few of those.
    My December DC pulls are literally just Death Metal and the one-shots. Not for a lack of anything else interesting, I just try to restrain myself lol.

I was a great fan of the DnA (Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning) team back when they were a artistic duo. Then they went their separate ways and I've found Dan Abnett's writing as a solo writer to be... kind of subpar ever since. Of course, since getting older hardly ever does any favor to comic book creators, it might be just a matter of the natural course of things.

Still, after seeing the Endless Winter credits I'm now quite curious to see how the other half of DnA fares on writing duties, even if he has to share that position with Ron Marz. I've avoided Death Metal like the plague it is, but this extremely self-contained, one-month event is kinda appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Death Metal 7 coming out the first week of January and the solicit heavily hinting at DC's relaunch as if it wasn't already obvious. Gotta be any day now we get a official announcement.
    Probably tomorrow. At Fandome.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just:
    LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: BEFORE THE DARKNESS VOL. 1 TP
    THE NEW TEEN TITANS VOL. 12 TP

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    People saying Relaunch but the only thing we are getting is something similar to the aftermath of Death Metal, which was No Justice and the Dark Matter/New Age of Heroes line. We will probably see some on-goings get a change in direction but nothing line wide. Other than Batman Beyond no more books are finished. Aquaman and Flash (et al) are continuing, otherwise they would have ended and had one-shots.

Do we know where Bendis is going? There are a lot of openings, and available writers,

My December DC pulls are literally just Death Metal and the one-shots. Not for a lack of anything else interesting, I just try to restrain myself lol.
    Whatever they do I still think it will count as a relaunch. Some new #1s, linewide changes in creative teams and direction, that sort of thing at least. How deep, if at all, continuity will be changed or stuff of that nature, who knows. But I think we'll at least get the former and the start of the fabled new DC initiative.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Whatever they do I still think it will count as a relaunch. Some new #1s, linewide changes in creative teams and direction, that sort of thing at least. How deep, if at all, continuity will be changed or stuff of that nature, who knows. But I think we'll at least get the former and the start of the fabled new DC initiative.
    Yeah, I just think people had too much expectations with Rebirth. Was Post-Metal referred to as a relaunch?

Interesting that Johns is making an appearance in one of the Death Metal tie ins. Maybe it’s to make sure everyone is one the same page for the new post DM status quo. I would normally be excited about a relaunch but not this time. with all the editorial shake ups and news that DC is going to produce fewer books in the future, it doesn’t seem like a happy time to be a DC fan. Continuity may be fixed but there may be a lot less content.