Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah, I just think people had too much expectations with Rebirth. Was Post-Metal referred to as a relaunch?
    Not linewide. The New Age of Heroes line was part of the post-Metal relaunch. No Justice and Bendis's arrival also triggered book relaunches.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Probably tomorrow. At Fandome.
    My money is on whatever NYCC digital turns out to be next month, around then we would be getting January solicits anyway so wouldn’t be surprised if they made the announcements then.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Do they even have a panel, where relaunch announcement can happen?
    I believe we can get information about post-Bendis Superman writers on his panel, maybe, extended Batman panel will share some light on Batfamily line-up.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Announcing this the day before FanDome implies that they plan to answer at least some questions tomorrow.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    What's up with Comics Continuum?
    Nothing, really, I imagine.

I'm pretty sure it's because CBR hosts the forums here and it's just a courtesy.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    My money is on whatever NYCC digital turns out to be next month, around then we would be getting January solicits anyway so wouldn’t be surprised if they made the announcements then.
    The main digital comic con had horrendous viewing though. No one released anything of substance. I'd wager more people will tune into FanDome.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    The main digital comic con had horrendous viewing though. No one released anything of substance. I'd wager more people will tune into FanDome.
    I just imagine that the fandome this weekend is geared more to the content that was cut from last time so it’s probably not up to date in terms of comic announcements like a relaunch.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Thoughts:

- The BatCat relationship is probably the one thing people were universally invested in for Tom King's run, so now that is the prime focus in his new mini-series maybe it will be better received than his original run was. And Joker is there as the jealous ex who won't leave them alone.

- I am all in for the return of Batman: Black and White even if none of the stories solicited really do it for me .

- "Endless Winter" AKA "Andy Lanning and Ron Marz write the DC Universe." Seriosuly, they're writing a lot of books for this story. How did Lanning even end up here? Did Dan Abnett call him in and Ron Marz just wasn't buy? At least with them writing everything the story should seem relatively consistent.

- Johns and Synder writing those Death Metal tie-in's scream "continuity cleanup" to me.

- I'm here for another DC Christmas special. They even managed to fit in Ragman .

- Is Jinny Hex really a fan-favorite? I guess it's really hard to quantify that these days.

- "What If Earth-2 was more relevant to Crisis?" "What If Death Metal happened in the original Metal?" "What If Wonder Woman went evil?"

- Can Harley just leave the Batman book? I get she doesn't have a solo book, but I'd rather not have to read about her in the main Batman book longer than one would expect too.

- Trigon as a major threat in a post-apocalyptic DCU to contrast with his role in Apokolips War.

- So is Liar Liar really Maxwell Lord's daughter or has she just deluded herself into believing that?

- I really liked the Soulstealer novel, so I'm curious to see how that adapts to a graphic novel format. That just leaves the Superman one left unadapted.

- Nubia has her own graphic novel? Neat. Sounds like it'll deal with some major stuff, too.

- A Flash Facts book based around The Flash and DC Superheroes exploring science? I'm kind of surprised nobody's ever thought of it before .

- I only wish Bendis' last Action Comics issue didn't have to have that Romita cover.

- Catwoman taking on a bunch of kid sidekicks? Well, she's got to catch up to her lover...

- It's tough seeing Bruce and Damian at odds...but Gotham turning on the Batfamily feels a little "been there, done that."

- The real Carol in Green Lantern! Nice. Surprised to see she's still using the New 52 look, but happy she's there.

- Take out the Harley images in the background, and I could be fooled into think that looks like an actual Birds of Prey book.

Red Hood 52 is about it.

BANNED

Action Comics #1028
    Superman #28

maybe

American Vampire 1976 #3

Wow. Looks like in January I'm gonna be reading 0 DC books.

Interested in the new creative teams they will announce for whatever kind of relaunch is going to happen.

Bendis on Batman. Calling it now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I say 0% chance. Assuming he wants Batman, if he is on any Batman, he will want all of it. Tynion is on fire and it is not like Bendis has that kind of star power anymore. Maybe they give him Justice League, and I wonder if he could do something with Aquaman (could be why KSD was there).

Hell yes that Grant Morrison Omnibus has the Sholly Fisch back ups. Preordering that and hoping DC doesn’t cancel it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Action Comics #1028
    Superman #28

maybe

American Vampire 1976 #3

Wow. Looks like in January I'm gonna be reading 0 DC books.

Interested in the new creative teams they will announce for whatever kind of relaunch is going to happen.

No way, Tynion has said he’s locked in for 2021. I could see Tomasi getting the boot and Bendis taking over that book, but more likely is he’ll get Green Arrow or Nightwing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Aquaman #66
    the green lantern #10
    jinny hex special #1

What I am buying from DC in these solicitations:

STRANGE ADVENTURES #7 (I've liked it so far and the six months with a break in the middle sounds fine to me.)
    STRANGE ADVENTURES #8 (So it comes out in January. I'm buying it anyway.)
    BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE #1 (I love seeing these anthologies with such a variety of talent. They're a great introduction to other creators for me.)
    THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #10 (Grant Morrison. I mean, come on.)
    RORSCHACH #3 (I'm still down for this despite not having seen an issue yet.)
    LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #12 (Sounds like this could be Bendis' end on Legion as well.)
    GENERATIONS SHATTERED #1 (I'm picking and choosing only some pieces of DC's supposedly doing for continuity "fixes". In any case, the original Batman sells it for me.)

Incredible Member

I'm so happy Bat/Cat is finally here!

Are they still going to be together in the main book? From the summaries it sounds like Catwoman is solo again in hers.