Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If there is another piece to the picture is Barry going to be the main hero of that grouping? Hal is already in the background of the Superman group. Maybe Nightwing to represent the 90s.
    Either Aquaman or Flash.

Astonishing Member

If there is another piece to the picture is Barry going to be the main hero of that grouping? Hal is already in the background of the Superman group. Maybe Nightwing to represent the 90s.
    Dick as Robin is already there. So, I really doubt they will include him again.

How many comics are they going to squeeze out of Death Metal ...like damn.

Speaking of that event, it's really feeling like the end of something but I wish I knew what was on the other side...

Bendis why did you let JRjr be your last artist for Action Comics smh, anyway I guess these are my last Superman books.

I have no idea where Bendis will end up but I'm assuming he's continuing Legion, possibly coming up with more stuff for Wonder Comics and may have some involvement with the 5G imprint that Bleeding Cool talked about ...if that's still a thing.

Will be reading Red Hood #50 and #51 only unless the newest creative can convince me.

And of course grabbing the latest issuenof Far Sector.

Astonishing Member

Yeah Barry seems to be missing. Aquaman too. If there was a 4th picture, who else do you think did Gary Frank draw?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    How many comics are they going to squeeze out of Death Metal ...like damn.

Speaking of that event, it's really feeling like the end of something but I wish I knew what was on the other side...

Bendis why did you let JRjr be your last artist for Action Comics smh, anyway I guess these are my last Superman books.

I have no idea where Bendis will end up but I'm assuming he's continuing Legion, possibly coming up with more stuff for Wonder Comics and may have some involvement with the 5G imprint that Bleeding Cool talked about ...if that's still a thing.

Will be reading Red Hood #50 and #51 only unless the newest creative can convince me.

And of course grabbing the latest issuenof Far Sector.
    Is'nt legion ending as well? Jon might be making sacrificing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Yeah Barry seems to be missing. Aquaman too. If there was a 4th picture, who else do you think did Gary Frank draw?
    It looks like the covers are all roughly based on the different generations from 5G.

Cover 1 = Gen 1 with the JSA and Wonder Woman
    Cover 2 = Gen 2 with the JLA, Titans, Doom Patrol and Batgirl
    Cover 3 = Gen 3 with JLI, and everything up to Blackest Night and Flashpoint

Cover 4 would likely be based on Gen 4, which was supposedly Wildstorm, New52, Rebirth and Metal.

I'm guessing the cape belongs to Batwoman.
    I'm also guessing Barry/Flash would be on it, as well as the 'new look' Aquaman.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

From the solicitations these two:

BATMAN: THE CAPED CRUSADER VOL. 5 TP.
    BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT DETECTIVE VOL. 4 TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Nothing, really, I imagine.

I'm pretty sure it's because CBR hosts the forums here and it's just a courtesy.
    That's exactly it. This is CBR, so use CBR links when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah it’s uh pretty white . But I think it’s repurposed covers for the Generations books that ended up scrapped. The Gens posted seem to cover the 1930s-1970s and thus it’s as lily white as you’d expect.
    New Teen Titans is 1980s and that Justice League lineup is 1990s.

Definitely not Nightwing as he's already there as Robin. Yeah, I do think the fourth cover would focus on Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    It looks like the covers are all roughly based on the different generations from 5G.

Cover 1 = Gen 1 with the JSA and Wonder Woman
    Cover 2 = Gen 2 with the JLA, Titans, Doom Patrol and Batgirl
    Cover 3 = Gen 3 with JLI, and everything up to Blackest Night and Flashpoint

Cover 4 would likely be based on Gen 4, which was supposedly Wildstorm, New52, Rebirth and Metal.

I'm guessing the cape belongs to Batwoman.
    I'm also guessing Barry/Flash would be on it, as well as the 'new look' Aquaman.
    I'm thinking Supergirl for the cape. Flash and Aquaman would definitely both be on there. And you seem to be right about the generations. I can see Jessica Cruz and Harley Quinn being on the fourth cover too. Maybe a Legionnaire or two? Green Arrow? Red Hood?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicscollector View Post
    From the solicitations these two:

BATMAN: THE CAPED CRUSADER VOL. 5 TP.
    BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT DETECTIVE VOL. 4 TP.
    Just one more CAPED CRUSADER TP after that and the gap to Knightfall will be closed
    We need, however, four additional DARK KNIGHT DETECTIVE TPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's exactly it. This is CBR, so use CBR links when possible.

New Teen Titans is 1980s and that Justice League lineup is 1990s.

Definitely not Nightwing as he's already there as Robin. Yeah, I do think the fourth cover would focus on Flash.

I'm thinking Supergirl for the cape. Flash and Aquaman would definitely both be on there. And you seem to be right about the generations. I can see Jessica Cruz and Harley Quinn being on the fourth cover too. Maybe a Legionnaire or two? Green Arrow? Red Hood?
    Wally West- Either in his Rebirth Costume or his Doctor Manhattan Look will probably be there
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Re: the cape. It appears to be two-tone, black on one side and red on the other. Which is what led me to think Batwoman.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Just one more CAPED CRUSADER TP after that and the gap to Knightfall will be closed
    We need, however, four additional DARK KNIGHT DETECTIVE TPs.
    Thank you for the info.
    The stories in Detective Comics and Batman after the Batman movie of 1989 were quite good from what i read.
    Cool that the Post Crisis Batman comic books are being collected in these two collections.

That cape is definitely Batwoman's. I wonder if we'll ever get to see all 5 original covers. Maybe these 3 are it, or maybe we'll get the the 4th, but not the actual 5G one.

So reboot or relaunch on January?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

One issue of the Flash and it's a tie-in for a story I have ZERO interest in.
    Ugh.

Love the Gary Frank covers, but have no interest in the story.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.