Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default A general relaunch in January?

Death Metal will end in December (Issue #6 and #7 will be released this month).

Also, all Endless Winter event will happen on December.

Do you think we will have a general relaunch in January?

The Death Metal #7 solicit says its released the first week of January, but yes, there will most likely be a relaunch
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Given the fact that the January 5th final issue of Death Metal was solicited in the December Solicitations I’m going to say yes because what else is there unless they plan on just doing an entire filler month post the first week of January. I’m expecting new series will get #1’s and series they don’t want to end will get to continue with new creative teams.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Death Metal #7 solicit says its released the first week of January, but yes, there will most likely be a relaunch
    You're right. I only see that Death Metal #7 was in the solicitations for December, I should see the exact date.

That said, I think they putting a comic released in January with the solicitations for December increase the possibility es of a general relaunch in January.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-11-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Yeah, looks like new creative teams without a renumbering for Superman, Action Comics, Flash, Justice League, and maybe Nightwing (November wraps up the Ric stuff and December is a filler issue). New status quo for the Gotham books judging from the Detective Comics solicits (looks like they copied Champions, lol). Green Lantern will relaunch in March, and at some point between January and March I would also expect relaunches for the following: Teen Titans, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Justice Society, Shazam, and a third Justice League book to replace Odyssey.

I'm sure I must've missed something out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I mean, it's about time Action, Detective, Flash, and Wonder Woman had new #1's...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The fact those four are on legacy numbering is exactly why they won't. Action and Flash will get new writers though.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, looks like new creative teams without a renumbering for Superman, Action Comics, Flash, Justice League, and maybe Nightwing (November wraps up the Ric stuff and December is a filler issue). New status quo for the Gotham books judging from the Detective Comics solicits (looks like they copied Champions, lol). Green Lantern will relaunch in March, and at some point between January and March I would also expect relaunches for the following: Teen Titans, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Justice Society, Shazam, and a third Justice League book to replace Odyssey.

I'm sure I must've missed something out.
    I think it is pretty possible Superman, Flash, Justice League, and Nightwing (if it gets a solo) have new #1. Not so much Detective Comics or Action Comics.

I mean, the solicitations don't mention Final Issue, but it wouldn't be the first time solicitations don't announce final issue before a general relaunch (the solicitations for August 2011 and May 2016 didn't have Final Issue announcements either).

Also, a new #1 will increase sales for a while.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-11-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Flash has legacy numbering, so like Action and Tec, it would make sense for it to keep it's existing numbering.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I get the feeling that March might be more likely. That's probably when we'll get new Green Lantern and it gives us time to allow the books that aren't finished their current runs or arcs yet to finish.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I get the feeling that March might be more likely. That's probably when we'll get new Green Lantern and it gives us time to allow the books that aren't finished their current runs or arcs yet to finish.
    No way there isn't a relaunch until March. After December, there are only 12 actual ongoings left. And several of them read like they are wrapping up without DC actually saying final issue.

Probably because they'll still have an issue in January. They usually use Final Issue for anything that's stopping, even if it's just a few months before getting a new #1. I don't think Final Issue will have ever been used on a Superman or Batman solicit, for example, just before New 52 or just before Rebirth.

I'm expecting some new #1s, hyping up of linewide new creative teams and directions, that sort of jazz. I'd like more change, for Superman in particular, but I'm doubting that'll be the case. I'll see what they have in store either way.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

My hopes:

Let titles that are visible stay as they are. People who are willing to give a new Aquaman creative team a shot are going to do it whether you do a #1 or not.

Don't put a big banner on it. Making a relaunch sound like an event creates expectations that are never met.

Stagger the new, untried books so shops can order them without gambling on what will catch on and so can readers with buying them. Maybe Boom is a good recent example as a couple hot titles create buzz and allow expectations to grow, and launch a couple more a few months later.

Incredible Member

Think it's painfully obvious they're getting ready to relaunch. Won't be surprised if Fandome answers some of it.