Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

I don't think we'll get news about the relaunch so soon. Looks like Future State will buy DC even more time before the relaunch, so it will actually happen in March, not January.
    I feel we've been treading ground since Doomsday Clock and nothing goes anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think we'll get news about the relaunch so soon. Looks like Future State will buy DC even more time before the relaunch, so it will actually happen in March, not January.
    I feel we've been treading ground since Doomsday Clock and nothing goes anywhere.
    That's an accurate description, although I'd say Rebirth as opposed to Doomsday Clock. It's been a string of "major" events ever since then and no real resolution except th ubiquitous "Read our next event!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Newsrama (yes, not the best source) suggests that all series will be frozen until March, and before that they will publish Future State with 5G elements for two months.
    If that's their way, they will announce new writing teams in December during March solicits.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    That's an accurate description, although I'd say Rebirth as opposed to Doomsday Clock. It's been a string of "major" events ever since then and no real resolution except th ubiquitous "Read our next event!"
    For me, that's getting real old. I wish they'd just get to where they're wanting to go, and stop with the events for a few. I've got big time event fatigue. Especially the ones meant to "change everything", in other words to temporarily mess with continuity before reverting mostly back.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    For me, that's getting real old. I wish they'd just get to where they're wanting to go, and stop with the events for a few. I've got big time event fatigue. Especially the ones meant to "change everything", in other words to temporarily mess with continuity before reverting mostly back.
    Agreed. I gave up on Death Metal because it's pretty clear DC aren't interested in telling a compelling story. It's just yet another cash grab centered around the next continuity "that matters", before they relaunch everything again, without ever making sense of any of it.

I really wish they'd just change what they need to change and start from there, with a clear plan and a concise continuity for once. No need for Final Ultimate This Time for Real Crisis: The Sequel, Now with a Different Name.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

so what do we think of Newsarama's theory about future state? https://www.gamesradar.com/what-is-dc-future-state/

They are guessing that future state is a 2 month fill in event and that all of DC's ongoings are taking a hiatus till March, when we will get the actual relaunch.

I call bull on that. Milestone launches in February.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Milestone is basically it's own imprint though.

Yeah, I don't see how Milestone will affect the plans for the main line. I think Newsarama are right for once.

So the Future States will have a lot of tittles. Ram V in FS Catwoman, Swamp Thing and Justice League Dark and Philip Kennedy Jhonson will be in Superman and House of L. And that will be more annoucements in this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    So the Future States will have a lot of tittles. Ram V in FS Catwoman, Swamp Thing and Justice League Dark and Philip Kennedy Jhonson will be in Superman and House of L. And that will be more annoucements in this weekend.
    Where you hear this?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Where you hear this?
    https://youtu.be/Jbk0e_2VWCM

Here I forgot. They talk about in the end of this show and who will draw each one.
    Last edited by Dougbauer; 10-07-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    so what do we think of Newsarama's theory about future state? https://www.gamesradar.com/what-is-dc-future-state/

They are guessing that future state is a 2 month fill in event and that all of DC's ongoings are taking a hiatus till March, when we will get the actual relaunch.
    It sounds at the very least a plausible scenario.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

https://youtu.be/Jbk0e_2VWCM

Here I forgot. They talk about in the end of this show and who will draw each one.
    And with that I’m probably picking up Catwoman for the Otto Schmidt art and Superman for Mikel Janin. Was already going to pick up JLD no matter what, I love that series right now.

Thank you very much for sharing and I look forward to hearing more.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

House of L? Interesting would that be a new title? Johnson on Superman huh, well I’ll give him a shot.