Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Tom Taylor has also said he will be on “more than one” DC series after Suicide Squad ends.
    https://twitter.com/tomtaylormade/st...948420608?s=21

Astonishing Member

I don't know if this is about DC, but Taylor also teased some kind of announcement for next week regarding his next project.
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...12803441451011
    Given that he really wanted to write Superman in the past (and tirelessly reminded about it), this statement sounds very interesting.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 09-24-2020 at 03:17 AM.

BANNED

I will be onboard if he write Superman, but if he get Flash or Detective Comic I will be happy too.

I kind of wonder if they'll give Taylor a big, non-Elseworld, book again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of wonder if they'll give Taylor a big, non-Elseworld, book again.
    Can't say I'd particularly interested in him on non-Elseworld stuff.

Wouldn't be able to hide behind "out of continuity" for when he poorly writers someone.

BANNED

With the upcoming creator shuffle, I wish DC would hire guys like Rick Remender and Kurt Busiek for ongoings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    With the upcoming creator shuffle, I wish DC would hire guys like Rick Remender and Kurt Busiek for ongoings.
    Remender wouldn’t come back even if offered. Have you seen the way he talks about the Big 2? Here have a read: https://amp.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...cience_deadly/

He flat out says he has no interest in working for either one ever again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Remender wouldn’t come back even if offered. Have you seen the way he talks about the Big 2? Here have a read: https://amp.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...cience_deadly/

He flat out says he has no interest in working for either one ever again.
    Wow that was interesting. Thanks for the link.

Still, he does go on to say that he might change his mind down the line. I guess it would have to be a situation like Morrison has with GL, where he could work pretty much free from editorial oversight and to do his own thing without having to tie into events and such.

Astonishing Member

If nothing changes, then logically, this week we should learn more about relaunch, since solicits should appear this Friday. At least we will definitely find out about the Future State.
    Taylor, by the way, tweeted that this week there will be an announcement of some important project for him. This week should be interesting.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If nothing changes, then logically, this week we should learn more about relaunch, since solicits should appear this Friday. At least we will definitely find out about the Future State.
    Taylor, by the way, tweeted that this week there will be an announcement of some important project for him. This week should be interesting.
    I'm excited to finally get more details. I'm curious if all the future state books will be 5G left over mini series like the upcoming john ridley batman series or if they are the status quo going forward.

Are you sure? Isn't it normally the third from last Friday in the month? This month has five Fridays, so the second Friday in the month is the fourth from last.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Are you sure? Isn't it normally the third from last Friday in the month? This month has five Fridays, so the second Friday in the month is the fourth from last.
    at the very least, Tom Taylor did tweet we'd get a announcement for his new book this week. So hopefully this is the week, we start learning post death metal news.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be honest I thought they're releasing solicits each second Friday of the month. But maybe I'm wrong.
    Anyway, NYCC will take place this week, maybe they will show something there.

Does DC have any panels announced?

To be honest I thought they're releasing solicits each second Friday of the month. But maybe I'm wrong.
    Anyway, NYCC will take place this week, maybe they will show something there.
    You know what I honestly forgot that NYCC online was this week, let’s see what happens then.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.