Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Note that most of December's lineup did NOT say Final Issue.
    Well, there in the solicits of each of the titles the ending of the storylines is indicated. Apparently they will close all the current storylines, so that later they can easily move to a new phase when the Future State ends.
    But if the Future State is just a set of possible futures that won't even come true (when they say "a possible future" it already means that it will never become a canon), then what's the point of putting their ongoings on pause for this? If they will, of course.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 10-09-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Most of them probably won't be minis, but tie-ins in the remaining ongoings. Note that most of December's lineup did NOT say Final Issue.
    It wouldn't the first time a big amount of comics end without Final Issue announcement in the solicitations.

The solicitations for the comics released one month before New52 and Rebirth didn't have Final Issue.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-09-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Double post.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-09-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    That would explain how stuff like Luke Fox Batman and Jon Kent Superman could simultaneously happen and be important, but no longer be dictating the future of the line. Basically doing another “Future’s End” scenario.

We get Jurgens talking about generations a little bit

https://www.gamesradar.com/talking-g...r-dan-jurgens/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Here’s also a link about the new Flash writer: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-fl...-kevin-shinick
    The gig was always intended to be a temporary assignment before the series gets involved with “Endless Winter” in December (running through several Justice League-related books) followed immediately by another crossover event, "Future State," in January and February. “All I’m committed to at the moment is this four-issue story,” Shinick says. “I’m excited to do more if I can.” (DC has yet to announce the next ongoing writer for the series.)
    Confirmation that he’s just filler.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    We get Jurgens talking about generations a little bit

https://www.gamesradar.com/talking-g...r-dan-jurgens/
    Seems like the two Generation one shots are different from future states, from the sound of it. If generations if spinning out of death metal maybe that is what will lead to the march relaunch while everything else is in future state crossovers.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Called it.

It’s going to be really boring for three months. We won’t even get a hint of what DC’s long term plans are until December when March solicits come out. I would’ve thought the shutdown caused by the pandemic would’ve made it so DC didn’t need to buy a huge amount of time for themselves with filler, but I guess there’s only so much you can do.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Seems like the two Generation one shots are different from future states, from the sound of it. If generations if spinning out of death metal maybe that is what will lead to the march relaunch while everything else is in future state crossovers.
    So if Generations is what is leading into the March relaunch, I wonder if that means we will end up having DC books accross different points in the timeline, just without DC actually clarifying the timeline besides broad strokes. It allows writers to not have to tie into continuity as hard if they don't want to and can tell stories for characters at the best point in their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s going to be really boring for three months. We won’t even get a hint of what DC’s long term plans are until December when March solicits come out. I would’ve thought the shutdown caused by the pandemic would’ve made it so DC didn’t need to buy a huge amount of time for themselves with filler, but I guess there’s only so much you can do.
    Right? Between Endless Winter and Future State, we're getting 4 months of filler. To say nothing of the fact that the whole line seems to be treading water until the next relaunch for more than a year.
    I mean, they couldn't even bother to pick a permanent replacement for Snyder in the company's biggest team title.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This whole thing has reboot written all over it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

By the way, once again, I don't like that they're defining the future before writing the present. Any other authors I would've been fine because that's how people sometimes write, the ending first, but the way DC work, nothing will ever be the actual future. They've done this before and it got cancelled.

Well at least now they're admitting it's only "possible futures." Basically a bunch of what-ifs

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This whole thing has reboot written all over it.
    Depends on how you define reboot. All signs point to another continuity reshuffle that puts more toys back in the toybox. If that's a reboot, sure, but it will likely be an additive one, like Infinite Crisis, rather than one that puts up more continuity walls like COIE, Zero Hour and Flashpoint did.

I expect something similar to Final Crisis in which the hiccup in time and space allows them to tweak whatever they want while keeping the broad strokes more or less the same as they've been for decades, with the specifics growing more and more vague as the years pass.