Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To your point about the banner, I'll be interested to see if they do put a name to a new initiative or not. They've lived on that concept for almost a decade now for short term gains. We'll see if this largely new hierarchy goes for the same thing or just leaves it alone, and how they'll go about hyping it and what kind of impact it'll have on sales comparatively if they don't.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hard to say when the impact of the new leadership starts. I'm fairly sure we're now firmly in post-Didio era but I'm not sure when DC started the push that came with the layoffs. It's possible they've been trying to follow this momentum even before it.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Hard to say when the impact of the new leadership starts. I'm fairly sure we're now firmly in post-Didio era but I'm not sure when DC started the push that came with the layoffs. It's possible they've been trying to follow this momentum even before it.
    Waid and JHWIII being back definitely points to this being the post Didio era. Neither would be doing DC work if Didio was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, looks like new creative teams without a renumbering for Superman, Action Comics, Flash, Justice League, and maybe Nightwing (November wraps up the Ric stuff and December is a filler issue). New status quo for the Gotham books judging from the Detective Comics solicits (looks like they copied Champions, lol). Green Lantern will relaunch in March, and at some point between January and March I would also expect relaunches for the following: Teen Titans, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Justice Society, Shazam, and a third Justice League book to replace Odyssey.

I'm sure I must've missed something out.
    Say what now-- is this something that's been announced already? I hadn't heard anything about GL past Morrison's end of season 2.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Looks like a relaunch, but not a full-blown reboot. We'll see in January, but there's definitely that feeling from Final Crisis (where there were rumblings of trying to reboot), Convergence (where they were moving, thus filler) and the like.

Endless Winter really does come across as a filler event to buy some time.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Say what now-- is this something that's been announced already? I hadn't heard anything about GL past Morrison's end of season 2.
    Do you seriously think there'll be no GL book? We know Morrison is done after Season 2 #12, which is out in February. Therefore, there'll obviously be a relaunch in March. We don't need an announcement to know that much.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Seems like a filler month to hold over till a relaunch. Andy Lanning is sure getting work in December.

BANNED

After all the mess that happened this year, the logical thing is that they look for a firm base, so the answer is YES

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Seems like a filler month to hold over till a relaunch. Andy Lanning is sure getting work in December.
    And Ron Marz .

Extraordinary Member

DC Fandome stuff, but in Jim Lee Q&A #6 he gives a hint of what to expect or not expect for 2021 possible relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, looks like new creative teams without a renumbering for Superman, Action Comics, Flash, Justice League, and maybe Nightwing (November wraps up the Ric stuff and December is a filler issue). New status quo for the Gotham books judging from the Detective Comics solicits (looks like they copied Champions, lol). Green Lantern will relaunch in March, and at some point between January and March I would also expect relaunches for the following: Teen Titans, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Suicide Squad, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Justice Society, Shazam, and a third Justice League book to replace Odyssey.

I'm sure I must've missed something out.
    Red Hood as well, but why didn't DC let Lobdell finish to #52 or end the series at #50...

Unless some comics will just continue with new creative teams, although that begs the question why the temporary creative team for Red Hood #51 and #52 would waste character designs and concepts for a 2 issue arc that the long term creative team most likely won't be using ...but that's another discussion for another thread.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    DC Fandome stuff, but in Jim Lee Q&A #6 he gives a hint of what to expect or not expect for 2021 possible relaunch.
    Newsarama has the excat quotes here: https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-shoots...ing-to-happen/

The way it's sounding, may be smart not to expect a full on relaunch in January. Maybe just a few new titles each month, so as to not overcrowd the direct market with the pandemic still going on?

So basically new creatives and thus new directions, but it doesn't seem they're going for that #1/big initiative name hype machine. Like I said before in the event that was the case, it'll be interesting to see how this method compares with the bombastic initiative approach of the past. My guess is things won't initially fly off the shelves as plentiful, but that was all short-term gains anyway that always crashed. Hoping for a better long-term approach at least seems appropriate in theory now. And doing things on a title by title, mythos by mythos basis at least on paper sounds really refreshing. With a new power structure, hopefully they're serious this time about keeping everything being connected to huge line-wide events all the time now.

And being purely petty, its nice to see the very idea of 5G so publicly and emphatically shut down. Lee sounded very intent on letting it be known that entire venture was dead, regardless how much of the initial rumors and spec of it are true (and I do believe they were at one time more true than he lets on here).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-12-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Newsarama has the excat quotes here: https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-shoots...ing-to-happen/

The way it's sounding, may be smart not to expect a full on relaunch in January. Maybe just a few new titles each month, so as to not overcrowd the direct market with the pandemic still going on?
    I figure it will be like Rebirth where some titles will come in January, then February and so on and so forth. I think the real big thing will be what knowing is coming out in print and what will be digitally exclusive.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I still think some series will get relaunched: Supergirl, Harley Quinn, maybe Flash. I think Batman and Superman will continue on with their current numbering. There will almost certainly be a creative team shuffle though, just maybe not a new #1 to go with the new teams.