Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Hard to say when the impact of the new leadership starts. I'm fairly sure we're now firmly in post-Didio era but I'm not sure when DC started the push that came with the layoffs. It's possible they've been trying to follow this momentum even before it.
    Have they even named a new EIC? (Waid deserves it if he wants it)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Seems like a filler month to hold over till a relaunch. Andy Lanning is sure getting work in December.
    I find that quite bizarre. Out of know where, I’m like wut

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Newsarama has the excat quotes here: https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-shoots...ing-to-happen/

The way it's sounding, may be smart not to expect a full on relaunch in January. Maybe just a few new titles each month, so as to not overcrowd the direct market with the pandemic still going on?
    Don’t worry, Marvel will take care of overcrowding the market with useless dreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Have they even named a new EIC? (Waid deserves it if he wants it)
    Marie Javins and Michele Wells co-hold the position now.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Well, that's what Snyder was talking about when they asked him how Death Metal will end. My guess is that we may well consider this to be something like Rebirth 2.0. Fit all important events into one timeline, but without removing or destroying anything.
    It makes me happy, to be honest.
    Morrison: it all happened.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm never gonna get my consistent universe back story aren't I?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Morrison: it all happened.
    Except what the writers want to ignore or retcon.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’d just have Diana and Steve be married and he lives off one of the islands around Themyscira that keeps him from aging. Can’t really also see a reason why Diana would go back to the island after the war ending and then coming back X years later for whatever reason, the 70s show did that because it switched networks and was a cost saving measure to have it set in present day. She should just remain an active hero in the interval.

What Bored at 3:00AM said works for Etta.

Could all be avoided if Year One wasn’t being tossed out to help the JSA.
    If they wanted to, they could keep Rucka's Year One as Olympus erasing Diana and Steve's memories, essentially rebooting them.

However, since Year One is predicated upon the idea that Diana can never return to Paradise Island, therefore negating decades of WW history, I think it's best for that particular story to exist as part of the time shenanigans of the last few decades, and simply move on.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    To be fair, DC has never really had that. Even during the brief period of time wherein the more continuity-centric Mike Carlin was in charge, continuity kept being tweaked because creators rightfully chaffed under the frankly dumb retcons that had been made like WW not founding the JLA.

I would really doubt it. I mean, I harp on it all the time but really the history is just so broken I don't think its worth trying fixing it anymore. And that's the only way there would ever be a consistent back story to tell. Only starting over completely and building a brand new history from scratch could provide the eventual foundation for something like that. Outside of that? When January 2021 hits, just tell tales and get on with it. Don't try to make anything make sense anymore from the past because it doesn't and it won't.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Wait, DC is consistent with its universe? Isn't this house is built with retcon and reboot. I mean, even from the start, DC never really shy away from the fact that its the home built from merging and convulting mess.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Wonder Woman would be an easy fix by just saying time passes differently on Paradise Island or that people on Paradise Island age very slowly while there.
    She could be in the JSA in the '40s, then go back to Paradise Island where she'd stay until the JLA formed.
    She could've aged five years while out in the world in the '40s and only aged one year during the time between the JSA and the JLA.
    It would also give more weight to Hippolyta pleading with her not to go, because she would age faster in man's world.
    But Diana could enjoy being in man's world so much that she realizes that she missed it and wants to be part of the JLA.
    Personally, I'd do the following:

1. Bring back Hippolyta having been the Golden Age Wonder Woman, as well as her and Wildcat (Ted Grant) having a romantic relationship.
    2. Restore Donna's NTT era origin with one small change: Hippolyta rescued her and brought her to Paradise Island. The Purple Ray gave her abilities roughly on par with Diana's abilities, and she was effectively Diana's younger sister.

It isn't perfect, but it makes everything fit a lot better than any alternative I've heard.
    Last edited by mikelmcknight72; 09-13-2020 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Proofread

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post

1. Bring back Hippolyta having been the Golden Age Wonder Woman, as well as her and Wildcat (Ted Grant) having a romantic relationship.
    2. Restore Donna's NTT era origin with one small change: Hippolyta rescued her and brought her to Paradise Island. The Purple Ray gave her abilities roughly on par with Diana's abilities, and she was effectively Diana's younger sister.

It isn't perfect, but it makes everything fit a lot better than any alternative I've heard.
    That could work.
    I vote for this one.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post

I don't really think Diana should be made a retroactive legacy character to a title that started with her.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I don't know why I missed Jim Lee saying this during the DC Fandome itself but as per Bleeding Cool:"In the "Jim Lee Answers Fan Questions About Comics" Q&A as part of DC Fandome, Jim Lee stated that there was now no 5G project happening – though in doing so confirmed that it was at one point – as rather than a reboot/relaunch that DC Comics now wants to focus on individual titles. Instead of "throwing it all away in a month and renumbering the line and going for that short-term spike in sales" as was originally planned, Jim Lee states that certain aspects of 5G that were likes would instead be incorporated in an organic way, going forward. And to look forward to some of them in 2021 – just not tied up to one big event."

If nothing else, I'm glad to hear the part in bold.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.