Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Ram V is the current Catwoman and JL Dark writer, so these are probably tie-ins in the existing books. Therefore, I think we can assume House of El is Action Comics. I wonder if Johnson is just doing the event, or is he Bendis's full time successor?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Taylor, by the way, once again reminded that he also has a project announcement this week. But maybe this is a coincidence. Or he also writes something for the Future State.
    In general, even if they take a break for two months, I would still like to know the author's teams before December (March solicits, to be more precise).
    I wonder if Johnson is just doing the event, or is he Bendis's full time successor?
    Well, quite likely, considering that Ram V writes his series' tie-ins for the Future State.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Based on that video and the newsarama speculationt his probably is just a 2 month filler event like convergence before the relaunch in March. Except it seems like DC is putting more talent behind this event and that these stories may actually matter in continuity? With talent like jon ridley, mikel janin, bendis, ram v..hard to think none of this will matter after it's over.

I think the talent level might be a hold over from what would have been 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    House of L? Interesting would that be a new title? Johnson on Superman huh, well I’ll give him a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ram V is the current Catwoman and JL Dark writer, so these are probably tie-ins in the existing books. Therefore, I think we can assume House of El is Action Comics. I wonder if Johnson is just doing the event, or is he Bendis's full time successor?
    House of El isn't an ongoing series. It's a trilogy of DC's Young Adult graphic novels. It's non-canon.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I think the talent level might be a hold over from what would have been 5G.
    This is pretty possible.

DC likely hire these writers for 5G, then they are working for Future State now.

So, it is possible Future State comics are contained stories.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-08-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    House of El isn't an ongoing series. It's a trilogy of DC's Young Adult graphic novels. It's non-canon.
    Oh, I kind of forgot about this...

Johnson is also writing a book called “House of El” for Future State. They aren’t the same book despite the name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Johnson is also writing a book called “House of El” for Future State. They aren’t the same book despite the name.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I wonder what we will see in "House of El" Future State.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    This is pretty possible.

DC likely hire these writers for 5G, then they are working for Future State now.

yeah, those are very good points. Hopefully we get a actual announcement soon.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    This is pretty possible.

Huh
    That makes sense in more ways than one
    I mean when I first heard of 5G I thought it was going to be a story set in the present day, replacing present heroes...
    but no... in Doomsday Clock 5G is written as a Future State... Batman's son and daughter are mentioned and all...
    That would explain the new DC timeline as well, because Bruce, and Dick, and even Tim becomes so old by the time 5G hits
    It's not supposed to be the timeline for the present day, but a timeline for a Future where 5G happens
    This also may explain why they said Luke Batman will have an impact on the mainline despite being a mini
    It's not set in the present but it could be the canon Future, like Batman Beyond or Futures End
    Meanwhile, the mainline series continue to be set in a perpetual Present Day but applying story seeds and setup for Future State
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-08-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Different writer, different project.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...te-connection/
    Snyder talks about Future State:
    "It's hooked into everything," he responds. "We're building the DCU plan together with editors and other writers and artists. I'm really excited about it. Death Metal ends in January, and then January and February is Future State, which is going to give glimpses of possible DC futures," he continues. "That was built while we were doing Death Metal to lead into some stuff which isn’t happening anymore, but those plans have taken a new shape, which is exciting."

Nice for him to confirm what most people already figured. Now I hope they share what types of minis we'll get soon.

Most of them probably won't be minis, but tie-ins in the remaining ongoings. Note that most of December's lineup did NOT say Final Issue.