Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Great issue! Chilling last line!
    Agree. It's been such a long time since I read this the first time, but I seem to remember not taking the doppelgangers all that seriously. I just assumed they'd be the same age as the current Legion and would probably only be around for a few issues until the real Legion defeated them - or something like that. I never dreamed it would be what we would actually get. Nice surprise for sure.

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of issue #23 - It's the Legion vs Lobo and a final battle with Darkseid is in the making. Brainiac 5 gets information on the Gemini Matrix. Plus, we get more clues as to what Celeste Rockfish's powers are with the green energy.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...heroes-23.html

Definitely one of the best covers of the series IMO.

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of issue #24 - Aria transforms into Gemini, Lobo's true identity is revealed, and Darkseid finally achieves The Quiet Darkness. Plus, a last-page splash page that is definitely a jaw-dropper.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...heroes-24.html

"The Quiet Darkness" was an interesting and somber followup to "Great Darkness" that fit the tone of the 5YL Legion. After getting over my expectations of this being a "big epic" story, I ended up liking it quite a bit. It's too bad mot much was done with Gemini, but she always seemed like a character who would be built up to be "special" then disappear.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "The Quiet Darkness" was an interesting and somber followup to "Great Darkness" that fit the tone of the 5YL Legion. After getting over my expectations of this being a "big epic" story, I ended up liking it quite a bit. It's too bad mot much was done with Gemini, but she always seemed like a character who would be built up to be "special" then disappear.
    They introduced several new characters that never went anywhere. Laurel Gand seemed to be the only one they really developed and she was just a replacement for Supergirl.

Like you, I was underwhelmed by this story the first time I read it - Darkseid in a frilly shirt just didn't do it for me. But over the years, I've come to appreciate it a little more. I still say it's a pretty disappointing way to end the character of Darkseid.

Incredible Member

Giffen proved to be irreplaceable as a story-man. What a plotter!

Extraordinary Member

Anyone who read this book when it came out probably remembers this ending page more than any.

Incredible Member

I hope these reviews will keep coming! They are very well done!

Extraordinary Member

I'll keep posting until #38, which is where Giffen leaves and it all goes by the wayside.

Legion of Super Bloggers review of issue #25 - We get some backstory of the SW6 Legion (the younger set). Later, the SW6 Legion are confronted with the shocking changes in their new universe, Devlin uses his Reflecto powers against the Dominators, and Valor realizes the Legion has some serious work to do.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...heroes-25.html

Incredible Member

Great review of a great issue! I loved the interactions between the original group and their older selves... I also like the re introduction of the long- gone Lyle Norg, who stuck around in the DC universe for quite some time.

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of issue #26 - The beginning of the Terra Mosaic storyline. Laurel Gand takes on - and loses to - BION. Meanwhile, the Underground - consisting of Universo and the Legion of Substitute Heroes - take control of the Dominators' chambers. New artist Jason Pearson debuts here.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...heroes-26.html

Extraordinary Member

BION was a pretty interesting villain. As this blogsite describes him, he was a sort of Amazo of the Legion but built on top of Computo's operating system. Computo with the powers of the Legion under the control of the Dominators.

And he handled Laurel Gand pretty handedly.

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of issue #27 - BION continues his assault on the Legion, Brainy fights his attraction for Laurel as he tends to her wounds, the SW6 Legion meet some of the 'adult' Legion, and Universo allies himself with the Dark Circle.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...heroes-27.html

I really liked Pearson on art in these issues. He kept the grittiness and the darker tone of the book, but had a more kinetic style of art that was fun.

Incredible Member

A FAILURE ?
    One of the high points of my decades of comics reading.