Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Do I need any prior reading material before buying the omni?
    Nope, it stands on its own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Matter Eater Lad and the Subs all really shinned in the 5YL era. Tyroc got a healthy boost in character too.
    I'd say Rokk Krinn as well. I always liked Cosmic Boy but Levitz didn't really do a lot with him. But he was the undisputed leader of this Legion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Matter Eater Lad and the Subs all really shinned in the 5YL era. Tyroc got a healthy boost in character too.
    Yes. I was thinking of that last month, but I guess my own negativity pushed those examples out of my mind. The Subs finally came into their own -- even Infectious Lass -- who married Tyroc, I think.

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of issue #7 - Rokk Krinn (Cosmic Boy) confronts Mordru one-on-one while the rest of the Legion battle a 30th Century vampire.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...-heroes-7.html

Last edited by caj; 09-24-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Incredible Member

Kinda related to the discussion in the thread (but not)... I really, really, really hate the art they used for the Five Years Later Omnibus cover. It is just not representative of the tone of the stories. Yeah, it is part of the story. But, outside of the 5YL fans, like me, that will buy it, I don't think it sells the book. That cover just makes it seem like a goofy straight-up super-hero book, versus the gritty, sci-fi story that it is in actuality.

I think the cover to #12, the tarnished "L" symbol with the team shadows, or the group shot from Who's Who, or the poster from #13 (as a wraparound cover) or even the cover to #1 would've been way more representative.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Kinda related to the discussion in the thread (but not)... I really, really, really hate the art they used for the Five Years Later Omnibus cover. It is just not representative of the tone of the stories. Yeah, it is part of the story. But, outside of the 5YL fans, like me, that will buy it, I don't think it sells the book. That cover just makes it seem like a goofy straight-up super-hero book, versus the gritty, sci-fi story that it is in actuality.

I think the cover to #12, the tarnished "L" symbol with the team shadows
    I agree that the cover doesn't match the style of the book. I also agree that the cover of issue 12 would've been better.

Astonishing Member

I kinda doubt that anyone would pick up the omnibus casually. Most will go into it being well aware of what it is.

Extraordinary Member

Legion of Super Bloggers review of issue #8 - A re-telling of the origin of the Legion of Super Heroes, beginning with the history of R.J. Brande from the moment he arrived in the 30th Century.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspo...-heroes-8.html

Extraordinary Member

I know a lot of people hated Giffen's art on this book - and especially the 9-panel grid - but I got used to it. Any time there was a fill-in artist, it threw me off because I was so used to Giffen's art style.

All-New Member

Anyone actually get a look at the omnibus yet? I'm interested, but would like to hear from someone who's seen it before I invest....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Anyone actually get a look at the omnibus yet? I'm interested, but would like to hear from someone who's seen it before I invest....
    Also, I can't decide if I shall buy single floppies (because of the famous letter page and original coloring) or the omnibus. Your advice is much needed.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post

I think the cover to #12, the tarnished "L" symbol with the team shadows, or the group shot from Who's Who, or the poster from #13 (as a wraparound cover) or even the cover to #1 would've been way more representative.
    I completely agree. That cover is atrocious.

It also would've saved them a few bucks to use existing art versus commissioning something new.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Also, I can't decide if I shall buy single floppies (because of the famous letter page and original coloring) or the omnibus. Your advice is much needed.
    I thought you decided on the floppies...?

If you're still on the fence, at this point I change my advice. Buy the omni because it could probably use the sales
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I completely agree. That cover is atrocious.

It also would've saved them a few bucks to use existing art versus commissioning something new.
    Actually, that art was the cover of issue #25 of the series.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Actually, that art was the cover of issue #25 of the series.
    It is slightly changed with the Dominator in the background removed and a few of the characters moved up a little like Lightning Lass and Phantom Girl.