Thread: Mulan vs Mulan

Default Mulan vs Mulan

Mulan 2020 vs Mulan 1999, sword fight

Mulan '98 runs away with a cannon and shoots it into a mountain, thereby burying them both in an avalanche.

...seriously though, Nulan is a physics bending wuxia character who was always a martial arts prodigy, while '98 Mulan almost washed out of basic. In what manner did you think this could possibly be a fair fight?

Don't forget the Chi Phoenix Goddess or whatever.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well Mulan 99 had the better movie at least... Better fight would be Shan Yu vs Mulan 2020
    Last edited by choptop; 09-11-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Well Mulan 99 had the better movie at least... Better fight would be Shan Yu vs Mulan 2020
    exactly, Mulan 99 learned to fight during a music montage. This makes her the better fighter.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    exactly, Mulan 99 learned to fight during a music montage. This makes her the better fighter.
    We need a montage:

"But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

It is weird as hell that the live action movie is the unrealistic movie that turns Mulan into a Dynasty Warrior while the animated one is arguably the most "realistic" of the two
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    It is weird as hell that the live action movie is the unrealistic movie that turns Mulan into a Dynasty Warrior while the animated one is arguably the most "realistic" of the two
    Different eras. The original is the story of a highly intelligent but otherwise ordinary girl triumphing over the odds. The sequel is a post Disney buying Marvel superhero movie about a woman with immense chi-channeling talent.

Let's not just stop there let's toss in Mulan 1927, Mulan 1928, Mulan 1934, Mulan 1964, Mulan 1994, Secret of Mulan- Mulan 1998, Mulan 2009, Matchless Mulan- Mulan 2020, Mulan zhi Jinguo yinghao-Mulan 2020.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Let's not just stop there let's toss in Mulan 1927, Mulan 1928, Mulan 1934, Mulan 1964, Mulan 1994, Secret of Mulan- Mulan 1998, Mulan 2009, Matchless Mulan- Mulan 2020, Mulan zhi Jinguo yinghao-Mulan 2020.
    Good fight but I'd still back Mulan.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Mulan is a remake?

All versions of Mulan that isn't the original Ballad of Mulan are adaptations of it. The story of Mulan has been adapting into numerous movies, stage plays, TV shows, and etc. With the first modern adaptation of the story being a stage play from 1917.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel