Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I just rewatched TASM2 for speed feats, and rewatched the saves-from-Electro scene a few times over. He's verging on low-tier superspeedster in that instance. Basically, everything goes slow-time, and you see current arcing along the ground and up some stairs where people are running. Two of the people are inches from touching the rail, more than a hundred feet from Spidey, again, running. A car has been launched through the air towards the people running. Spidey explicitly catalogues the dangers, and notes that he's got one working web-shooter. He launches himself backward, and sprays enough webbing out of the one working shooter to save people from being smooshed. He then continues backward, pulls out a cord of webbing and uses this to stop the hands of both of the people who already had electricity arcing towards their hands. Of note, they were standing on opposite sides of the 30 foot or so wide stairway. He moved the hundred feet and performed all of these precise actions in the space it took the two running people to cover less than an inch. It's reeeeeeaaaaaaaaally impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    they do things like flip cars over and kick shipping cargo container's over and they have bulletproof shells and good speed.
    It's not just their shells that are bullet proof. They're skin is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Not nearly the same as directing it.
    Not to veer off topic too much, but Bay as producer means he calls the shots according to his vision and what he thinks will be most profitable. The director is in charge of making sure that vision comes to fruition -- sometimes better than the producer imagined, but still gets made nonetheless. The director can make recommendations, but the producer makes big decisions and approves them -- like the Board to the director's CEO. Still, something to consider is that director Liebesman has been calling Bay his mentor for the past decade or so, and the movie has all the hallmarks stylistically as any of his other boilerplate movies, for good or bad. Consider that movies produced by Quentin Tarantino (ie From Dusk till Dawn) and Steven Spielberg (Super 8) have many of their trademarks, even though they didn't direct.

Anyway, the Turtles might have the edge in durability because of their shells, but not endurance or stamina; the best defense is a good offense. Peter's stronger, and a good punch should at least rattle even their newer, tougher forms. And that's on top of all the ways that he can incapacitate/disarm them. I don't see how they can compensate for his strength and speed.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-20-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I just rewatched TASM2 for speed feats, and rewatched the saves-from-Electro scene a few times over. He's verging on low-tier superspeedster in that instance. Basically, everything goes slow-time, and you see current arcing along the ground and up some stairs where people are running. Two of the people are inches from touching the rail, more than a hundred feet from Spidey, again, running. A car has been launched through the air towards the people running. Spidey explicitly catalogues the dangers, and notes that he's got one working web-shooter. He launches himself backward, and sprays enough webbing out of the one working shooter to save people from being smooshed. He then continues backward, pulls out a cord of webbing and uses this to stop the hands of both of the people who already had electricity arcing towards their hands. Of note, they were standing on opposite sides of the 30 foot or so wide stairway. He moved the hundred feet and performed all of these precise actions in the space it took the two running people to cover less than an inch. It's reeeeeeaaaaaaaaally impressive.
    Is that superior speed to the mainstream Spidey or equal? No ides what current Spidey has done in speed lately.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Is that superior speed to the mainstream Spidey or equal? No ides what current Spidey has done in speed lately.
    Honestly, it's on the verge of being better. I mean, even slow humans can move their hands faster than 20 feet per second (10mph, something I could sprint as a small child, is 15fps, and when you sprint, your hands are spending half the time moving at twice that speed - Usain Bolt, who sprints at 26mph or something, is moving his hands at 75fps for half of every stride). Here, healthy-looking people running in panic and reaching at full speed covered maybe an inch (so something they could do in, at worst, 1/240th of a second) while Spidey covered 100 feet and performed multiple complex maneuvers in the process. That's stupid, insane speed. And it's not that ridiculous when you consider his assault-rifle bullet timing and his repeatedly-dodge-electro moments.

So he's got a stupid speed edge combined with a way to incapacitate/kill the Turtles - webbing.

Incredible Member

I used that same scene as a comparison to the Quicksilver scene. Granted QS did a lot more in his scene but I felt that Spidey being able to make multiple saves and clear well over a hundred feet while keeping pace with the electrical current was nearly as impressive.
    Last edited by maczero; 08-20-2014 at 07:24 PM.

So Garfield-Spidey is now officially superior to Tobey-Spidey?

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

This seems appropriate for a guy who's supposed to be able to blitz bullet-timers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    So Garfield-Spidey is now officially superior to Tobey-Spidey?
    Eh, speedwise I'd have argued he was even from the trailer for the first movie.

I mean, ignore the casual point-blank bullet dodging when the cop shoots at him, how fast does a guy have to be to soundlessly get into a locked car without the handy gadget the car thief was using, in the time it takes the guy to open the door? (And the guy was looking in that direction for a fair period of time, so the time frame is probably smaller than that, for Spidey to have gotten in unnoticed.)

I don't remember Tobey-Spidey ever pulling anything like that.

He got out of it at an incredibly fast speed too(fun fact however:@0:55-0:57 if you look in the back ground you see Garfield waiting to reenter the scene despite still talking to the guy in the car). However, Tobyman did have at least half the speed Garman had. As evident during the school fight scene in the first movie. How to him; a fly's wings do not seem to be going all that fast. Considering Spideroby's strength is way above Spiderfields, I'd say it even's out. As for every 2-3 hits Garby gets in, Tober will get at least one hit in, and it will hurt a lot more than Garbermans. So I would not say either of them are superior to the other as, whatever advantage one has, it is evened out by the advantage the other has.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley View Post
    Eh, speedwise I'd have argued he was even from the trailer for the first movie.

Video

I mean, ignore the casual point-blank bullet dodging when the cop shoots at him, how fast does a guy have to be to soundlessly get into a locked car without the handy gadget the car thief was using, in the time it takes the guy to open the door? (And the guy was looking in that direction for a fair period of time, so the time frame is probably smaller than that, for Spidey to have gotten in unnoticed.)

I don't remember Tobey-Spidey ever pulling anything like that.
    Tobey-Man had one really incredible "the world is trapped in amber around me" scene in the first film, where he had time to gawk at all the puny humans around his godlike self and take whatever damn action he wanted while a spitball was stuck, frozen, in the air. That's pretty good, though not as good as what Spider-Garfield pulls off in TASM2.

The car scene you posted shows pretty good speed and stealth, but it is more on the level of what Batman could pull off. It's not really "I make most bullet-timers look slow" level by itself. It certainly doesn't detract from the guy, though.

As far as Tobey v. Garfield - Tobey still seems to have significantly better strength and durability, and doesn't depend on webshooters that can break or overload. But Garfield is faster, more agile, seems to have a much more consistent (if still somewhat inconsistent) spider sense, and is much better doing interesting things with his webbing.

Tobey-Man had one really incredible "the world is trapped in amber around me" scene in the first film, where he had time to gawk at all the puny humans around his godlike self and take whatever damn action he wanted while a spitball was stuck, frozen, in the air. That's pretty good, though not as good as what Spider-Garfield pulls off in TASM2.

The car scene you posted shows pretty good speed and stealth, but it is more on the level of what Batman could pull off. It's not really "I make most bullet-timers look slow" level by itself. It certainly doesn't detract from the guy, though.

As far as Tobey v. Garfield - Tobey still seems to have significantly better strength and durability, and doesn't depend on webshooters that can break or overload. But Garfield is faster, more agile, seems to have a much more consistent (if still somewhat inconsistent) spider sense, and is much better doing interesting things with his webbing.
    Basically what I said but easier to understand. Yea Garman has superior speed and spider senses while Tobyman has superior strength and durability. I'd say Tobyman is slightly better however as he also has more experience thus far. Though that won't be lasting for very long I am sure as more movies with Garman are being made in the future.

If you take the games into considersation(they follow the plot exactly but have some extra stuff in them, though the first game that had Garman in it was a different story on it's own) then they more or less have the same amount of experience.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Anyway, the Turtles might have the edge in durability because of their shells, but not endurance or stamina; the best defense is a good offense. Peter's stronger, and a good punch should at least rattle even their newer, tougher forms. And that's on top of all the ways that he can incapacitate/disarm them. I don't see how they can compensate for his strength and speed.
    Stength might be closer to even. Maybe a slight edge to Spiderman. Speed, spider sense and webbing win it for Peter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Stength might be closer to even. Maybe a slight edge to Spiderman. Speed, spider sense and webbing win it for Peter though.
    Why is Peter fighting himself? Is he Tyler Durden?