Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cheetah's power levels and abilities

How power should she be? What would you will for her to have, I don't know why but I have an idea maybe she can control cats and another feline or related to the feline family

Strength and Durability on par with Wonder Woman. Speed on par with Wally and Barry flash. Claws and fangs that can cut almost anything. The ability to turn people into werecheetah minions, like in the Nu52. A blitz strike, like how cheetahs catch their prey, a sudden burst of speed so raw and fast that even a flash wouldn't see coming. Heighten perfect senses. Ability to see magic. Night vision. Bulletproof. The ability to transform from human to cheetah-woman at will.

The main difference between a flash like Wally and Cheetah is that Wally uses the speed force and Cheetah does not. The speed force gives flash all his cool speed related abilities like speed-steal and molecule control. Cheetah on the other hand is the avatar of a god, so I imagine she uses the God-wave as her source of energy. This would explain how she can keep up with flash in speed, even surprise him at times, but cant for example vibrate her body through a solid object.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

One ability I would like to see her have is the ability to find anyone regardless of wherever the desired subject happens to be at the moment after having marked them once. When she mark someone, she is able to find/track that person, no matter their location in the world, which would make her an excellent and deadly tracker.

I'd give her an ability to switch between two cheetah forms. Her regular form is more human looking (the original Perez's design) and less powerful, while the "Hulk" form (Sharp's design) gives her more power and speed but makes her lose her intelligence and become more animal than human.

If I was going to have Cheetah to be a huge threat to WW, I would have her be glaringly faster and more attuned to her senses and surroundings than WW with more application to her senses, I like her abilities to infect others to turn into were-Cheetah and I will add some new abilities such as marking others so she could find her preys and drinking blood to augment her powers.

Cheetah's Powers
    Source: Curse (Mystical Transformation)

Mystically Converted Were-Cheetah Physiology:
    - Superhuman Physical Capabilities (Strength, Speed, Agility, Stamina, Durability, etc.)
    - Superhumanly Acute Senses
    - Sense Focusing
    - Magical Senses
    - Magnetoreception
    - Night Vision
    - Infrared Vision
    - Superhuman Perception
    - Superhuman Survivability
    - Psychic Resistance
    - Accelerated Healing Factor
    - Agelessness
    - Enhanced Primal Instincts (Fighting, Killing, Sexual and Predatory Instincts)
    - Feline Empathy and Communication
    - Pheromone Generation
    - Hunting Intuition and Survival Intuition
    - Natural Weaponry (Claws, Fangs and Tail)
    - Environmental Camouflage (Grasslands and Darkness Adaption)
    - Marking
    - Therianthropic Infection and Control, via Bite
    - Self-Power Augmentation (via Blood Consumption)
    - Cursed Blood
    - Feral Mind

Vulnerabilities

- Feral Mind: While tapping into her primal instinctive state, her powers are increased to an extraordinary state, it could lead her to be vulnerable to certain attacks or makes her unable to remember her activity to her primal state.

- Sensory Overload

- High-Pitch Frequencies
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-21-2020 at 11:47 AM.

In one of the Wonder Woman '77 issues, their version of Cheetah (Barbara) had the power to turn others into were-Cheetah minions as well as control other big cats. Think I'd incorporate that over into mainline versions Cheetah, also the origin of her powers coming from the Egpytian Goddess Mafdet.

I did have a idea that much like a real cheetah she can have a speed blast. So for a few seconds or maybe minutes she is almost able to touch the speed force

Since Cheetah was cursed I think how she is able to change back. Maybe she has to eat the flesh of mythical creatures. The more flesh and blood the more she can control it
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-21-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Cheetah should be Flash-fast but while Flash can reach a higher maximum speed, Cheetah can do 0-to-?mph faster than him. Simply put, she’d be faster in a short sprint, a chase or a burst of speed. That would make Cheetah, not only very dangerous, but elusive as well

She’s super strong, though not as strong as WW. She’s got enhanced senses as well as a healing factor

And imo the only other ability she needs is her PhDs which can be put to good, or rather, bad use.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    In one of the Wonder Woman '77 issues, their version of Cheetah (Barbara) had the power to turn others into were-Cheetah minions as well as control other big cats. Think I'd incorporate that over into mainline versions Cheetah, also the origin of her powers coming from the Egpytian Goddess Mafdet.
    You'd think Sekmet would have been to first choice for Cheetah as an avatar.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Superhuman speed, enhanced strength(but not on WW's level though) mystically sharp claws. But her real ability is her cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    You'd think Sekmet would have been to first choice for Cheetah as an avatar.
    Think Mafdet was chosen because she's usually depicted with a Cheetah head whereas Sekmet is a lion, though yeah a cat-headed war goddess would make some sense. Parallel Diana's relationship with Athena or Ares maybe.

MAdfet is also the goddess of Judgment and law. So I wonder what that can bring what kind of power would that lead for Cheetah. How would her judgment work? Mafdet is often taken the heart of someone and eating it

I guess a better question is should Cheetah remain cursed by Urzkartaga or should she be cursed by an Egyptian deity like Madfet and Sekmet? OR should Urzkartaga become Egyptian related? Perhaps instead of some obscure jungle its and Egyptian dig site, a classic.

Urzkartaga never made much sense to me. Why does a plant god has a Cheetah bride? And why is his temple located in a jungle if cheetahs don't even hunt in jungles? Mafdet fits better.

I would rather have it be Egyptian Deity. A deity could still curse her. I had a idea that Barbara stayed with the Banas for a bit and stole Madfet dagger. Or we know that the Banas themselves have champion of their own. Babs first most be judged by Madfet to see if you worth of being a Amazon but she wasn’t.